Honestly I find It distressing that most of the people here say things like "give it time. It'll grow on you" or "I have to remind myself that this os is brand new".

We're spending $500-$700 on devices and we're giving blackberry too much slack. They need to understand that they have to release devices theatre going to WOW people right from the start if they have any hope to survive.

I'm an iphone user and was seriously considering a switch to bb but unfortunately I may just pick up an iPhone 5 out of fear that a q10 or z10 isn't ready for full use right out of the box.

I want blackberry to succeed but I'm not going to throw my money at them for something that isn't ready yet.
    Every new experience takes time before a comfort level is achieved. Why does a response of 'give it some time to become more familiar,' distress you?

The fact is, BB10 is ready for prime time. It's just different from BBOS7 and has a snall learning curve. Some people don't seem to be willing to accept that.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:57 PM
    The point of tool vs toy being? That the Bold was a toy and BB10 is a tool? I had the exact same reaction to the OP when I got my Q10 and I am still frustrated by it after over a month of power usage. As a consultant, I'm constantly on the road and would classify myself as a "power user" of sorts. I find my productivity is impaired when using the Q10 vs the Bold 9900. So which is the tool and which is the toy?
    If your productivity is so impaired, maybe it isn't right for you . Or, maybe you aren't adapting to new paradigms.

I'm also a consultant, on the road 80% of my time, and find I'm more productive with the Q10 than I was previously. The only things I missed are a few apps that I've had to sideload.

My point being, there are more than one side to every story, and what are problems for some don't impair others at all.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    07-06-13 02:03 PM
    Don't have the Q10 have the Z10 but you might try the following link and see if that will help:
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...19-10.1-en.pdf
    Which they had interactive video(manuals) instructions on all aspect of BB10
    I did glance the title zooming the screen. You might try with your finger at the top of the screen and thumb at the bottom and closing them together to see if that will reduce the font. never tried it! Don't know if it will work.
    07-06-13 02:22 PM
    Liking mine more and more after trading in my 9900 for the Q10 a few days ago. Miss some of the features from OS7.1 and the 9900 but really like the speed and performance of the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    raremage likes this.
    07-06-13 02:40 PM
    I think i'll hold out a few months till the Q5 price drops only for one negative Q10 reason - HORRIBLE BRIGHTNESS PROBLEM!
    07-06-13 03:15 PM
    This tap +10 to get something done is getting into my nerves
    07-06-13 03:42 PM
    I loved my Q10 right out of the box and after a week of use I only love it more. and a lot of people feel the same way. not everyone shares the same feelings as the people in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 04:00 PM
    This tap +10 to get something done is getting into my nerves
    Sorry, not following that comment. Can you elaborate and maybe we can either help, refute, or commiserate.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 04:02 PM
    I'm not a BB10 user, but regarding the issue about not being able to delete mail just on the phone:

I assume there is a way to 'flag' or 'star' messages, and a way to restrict the view just to flagged messages. So, as you go through the inbox can you flag the ones you want to deal with right away, then switch to the 'flagged' view and as you're done with them you 'un-flag' them and they disappear from that view?
    Dunmanway Emar likes this.
    07-06-13 04:16 PM
    Sounds like someone has the case of "next gen blues." :3

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 04:27 PM
    2) I have the screen brightness all the way up and it is sooooo dim = to 50% on my Torch. I am getting older, I need BRIGHTNESS to be BRIGHT

3) I only get two lines when composing email or text then the words drop down below and I have to manually scroll the screen to see what I am typing for every single line!!! I use this dumb thing for work and answering emails. This will always take more than two lines. If I hit the enter button to get another line, its default is to send the email!! What the heck???
    2) Sadly, that is the single biggest weakness of OLED screens so nothing can be done. This is where the Q5 beats the Q10 by far since it uses LCD.

3) Enter does not send emails; you always have to hit the top right Send button on screen. You must be talking about text messages only. Yes I get that bug too where the textbox will not scroll to follow the cursor when using fonts bigger than size 10, I'm sure it will be fixed before 10.2. It is fine for font size less than 10.
    07-06-13 05:09 PM
    If your productivity is so impaired, maybe it isn't right for you . Or, maybe you aren't adapting to new paradigms.

I'm also a consultant, on the road 80% of my time, and find I'm more productive with the Q10 than I was previously. The only things I missed are a few apps that I've had to sideload.

My point being, there are more than one side to every story, and what are problems for some don't impair others at all.

Posted via CB10
    Agree entirely. I'm not saying that my experience is universal. Not by any stretch.
    07-06-13 05:26 PM
    out of everyone who hates their Q10, how many A. did their research before purchase and B. has used/owned smartphones from other platforms lately? I feel like all these people just bought a Q10 without looking into it expecting it to be exactly like their OS7 device and hate it cause it's not. these people are more stubborn than blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    07-06-13 05:55 PM
    wanna sell it to a crackberry fellow member in need?
    07-06-13 05:59 PM
    Not quite the top bar, but, I leave Accuweather open in the app grid so I can always see the current information and brief forecast.

Just got my Q10 and I am hating it!! :(-img_00000203.png

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 06:11 PM
    out of everyone who hates their Q10, how many A. did their research before purchase and B. has used/owned smartphones from other platforms lately? I feel like all these people just bought a Q10 without looking into it expecting it to be exactly like their OS7 device and hate it cause it's not. these people are more stubborn than blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    A. I did my research (on here and also had a Z10 before my Q10).
    B. I own an Android smartphone (no name) and love it but need my Q10 for clients who want pin-to-pin messaging

I didn't expect the Q10 to be the same as a BB7 but I did expect BB10.1 to be more "complete" than BB10.
    07-06-13 06:46 PM
    I'll admit it took me about a month to get used to BB10! an OS shouldnt take that long should it? Coming form a Lumia Windows Phone I love it and can never use another OS again!
    07-06-13 07:06 PM
    Tool Not Toy

Posted via CB10
    i am sick of this statement. its stupid. was the 9810 he came from a toy? Because hes not complaining about games. Hes complaining about features that his old bb had. Its like saying his new drill only has one speed setting when his old drill had two, And you come in and say tools not toys. WTF does that even mean?!
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    07-06-13 08:00 PM
    OP:
    8. Cutting and pasting took me a while to figure out, but once I figured out what I'm going to tell you, it became cake. Hold your finger down on the leftmost word of the section you want to copy. Don't try to slide the circle around to select text the way it is, slide your finger down and you will see the circle move down and a long line stretch out to where you have your fingertip. You should have no problem choosing the text you want once you've figured this out.
    3. You can download flow dialer for free. It will let you copy a number from a website and share it to flow dialer so you can dial the number.

Just got my Q10 and I am hating it!! :(-img_00000647.png

4. I have started to use the search button at the bottom of the screen for my speed dialing (picture). I don't know how many contacts the Q10 will show, but the Z10 shows 20, and I don't call that many people, so I use some of the shortcuts for things like mobile network settings. All you have to do is search for a person by name. Once you have chosen a contact, the contact picture will be saved in the search section. A name will cycle out if you don't use it often, but contacts go back to the number one position every time you use them, so your most common numbers should always be around. This isn't technically speed dialing, but I like the way it works.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    07-06-13 08:01 PM
    2)
    3) Enter does not send emails; you always have to hit the top right Send button on screen. You must be talking about text messages only. Yes I get that bug too where the textbox will not scroll to follow the cursor when using fonts bigger than size 10, I'm sure it will be fixed before 10.2. It is fine for font size less than 10.
    I changed my font size to 10 but it still doesn't scroll

Also, I was composing a text then decided not to send it. I couldn't clear it without holding down delete while in the compose window and deleting each letter. if I highlighted it and taped the trash can it deleted to whole chat log for that contact. Help?
    07-06-13 08:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I thought I did my research. I watched the videos and the guy makes it look so easy.... I went to Verizon - twice - but they only had the Z10, which did help because that was what I thought I wanted at first until using it confirmed that me and touch screen keyboards just cant function together.

Which left me at this time with one other choice -- Q10

Unfortunately it is almost impossible to test a phone completely in the store because there are sooooo many things we take for granted on our current phones that I couldn't possibly remember to look for all of them.

And yes, I am stubborn. I know what I want and I will continue to work with and try out ways to make this Q10 work, because I am stubborn enough to not stop until I do.
    07-06-13 08:52 PM
    Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement! I will keep messing around with it over the weekend and I really am hoping I will start to like it.

I do have the Facebook notifications set to "off" in the device notifications. This time the birthdays didn't show up when the default screen came up - maybe it fixed itself.

I changed the font size to 10 but I still only have 2 lines to see - after that I have to manually touch and scroll the comp window to see each line afterwards.

The weather app is from Accuweather - I know its not a huge deal to have to swipe then tap to get the temp, but would be much more convenient to just look at the icon and/or top bar to see the temp.

I have since found more frustrations that I am hoping are also user error -

1) Emails are deleted from both the phone and the mailbox automatically without the choice
    2) No longer able to call someone directly from their text message
    3) Unable to call a phone number directly from the browser
    4) No speed Dials
    5) ringtone and text message notifications are pitiful - they aren't different tones, just three different variations of the same tone
    6) If you get a text and you're in a browser it takes 4 swipes to be able to check it.
    7) The end call button is in the same location as the swipe up gesture needed to leave the phone screen and multi-task to check on an incoming text or email
    8) Editing and cutting and pasting text is very difficult do to the inaccuracy of the touch screen's recognition of where you are touching on your text to edit.
    9) Can't create group texting?
    Delete facebook , use a PC for that.

Use the Weather Channel app instead

http://crackberry.com/missing-those-...-blackberry-10

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-post-818831/
    07-06-13 09:34 PM
    I begged my boss for three weeks to get me the new Q10 for work. He did........ It's aweful! I am glad I still have my Torch 9810 to rely on. Of course I am hoping it is user error and if I post my complaints someone will have a solution for me.

1) When I turn it on I get all the birthday notifications on the screen from Facebook!! I have 500 friends on FB, I don't want to see their birthdays on my startup screen. I have turned off every notification within the FB app, deleted the "My birthday" app, deleted the "birthday" app and even went back and completely deleted Facebook app off this phone. Powered it off, powered it on and guess what?!? Birthdays still showing up!!!!!

2) I have the screen brightness all the way up and it is sooooo dim = to 50% on my Torch. I am getting older, I need BRIGHTNESS to be BRIGHT

3) I only get two lines when composing email or text then the words drop down below and I have to manually scroll the screen to see what I am typing for every single line!!! I use this dumb thing for work and answering emails. This will always take more than two lines. If I hit the enter button to get another line, its default is to send the email!! What the heck???

4) I want to see the temp in the top bar like I do on my Torch. It doesn't even show the temp on top of the app. I realize this may be a third party app but it came preinstalled so I blame BB.

5)I have to wear my reading glasses to see fonts on the icons because it's so tiny. I did set my font size to 12, but doesn't change the fonts on the apps.

6) It doesn't have an email icon. I have 3 different email accounts. On my Torch I have an email icon and see all emails in one nice little list. The Q10 has all three separate so I have to go in and out of each one to read/answer. I cant delete until I actually open the email up. On the torch I have the option to forward, reply, mark as read or delete without having to open the email up.

These are just a few things of trying to maneuver this thing for a few hours. I sure hope someone can help me with all this.

Why cant BB just make a 4" Torch and keep the basic operations the same. How am I going to tell my boss this phone I drove him crazy for is a big bust?

P.S. My Torch is my personal phone that I do not want to use for work for obvious reasons
    You should buy a Jitterbug.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 09:43 PM
    My work 9810 was upgraded to a Q10 last week. Took me 2 days to get use to it. Absolutely love it.

Proud owner of a Z10, Q10 and 32g Playbook.
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    07-06-13 10:11 PM
    Can't you change your Facebook options on your computer? I don't do Facebook but just a thought. Something for you to try. I've had apps that did the same type things to me and changes took okay on my computer. Can't think of what apps they were, just sayin'. Hope you stick with it as you'll find the new OS to be useful and quicker than the old BB. I came from a Curve.As for #6 you will get they hang of the HUB pretty quick and ALL your emails, BBM's,Texts etc are all in ONE place so you will never have to find different icons again. Long press an email and a little trash can shows up in the lower right corner to delete them without having to open. You can even select multiple ones in any order or long press a date between the daily lists to delete all previous emails. ong press can do a whole bunch of things on your new Q10.
    I begged my boss for three weeks to get me the new Q10 for work. He did........ It's aweful! I am glad I still have my Torch 9810 to rely on. Of course I am hoping it is user error and if I post my complaints someone will have a solution for me.

1) When I turn it on I get all the birthday notifications on the screen from Facebook!! I have 500 friends on FB, I don't want to see their birthdays on my startup screen. I have turned off every notification within the FB app, deleted the "My birthday" app, deleted the "birthday" app and even went back and completely deleted Facebook app off this phone. Powered it off, powered it on and guess what?!? Birthdays still showing up!!!!!

4) I want to see the temp in the top bar like I do on my Torch. It doesn't even show the temp on top of the app. I realize this may be a third party app but it came preinstalled so I blame BB.

5)I have to wear my reading glasses to see fonts on the icons because it's so tiny. I did set my font size to 12, but doesn't change the fonts on the apps.

6) It doesn't have an email icon. I have 3 different email accounts. On my Torch I have an email icon and see all emails in one nice little list. The Q10 has all three separate so I have to go in and out of each one to read/answer. I cant delete until I actually open the email up. On the torch I have the option to forward, reply, mark as read or delete without having to open the email up.

These are just a few things of trying to maneuver this thing for a few hours. I sure hope someone can help me with all this.

Why cant BB just make a 4" Torch and keep the basic operations the same. How am I going to tell my boss this phone I drove him crazy for is a big bust?

P.S. My Torch is my personal phone that I do not want to use for work for obvious reasons
    07-07-13 04:17 AM
198 12345 ...