keeping it for the next 3-5 years!

I think the Q10 is an excellent phone!

- The keyboard is perfect, super smooth!

- The Hub is an excellent system to organize my messages, calls and notifications. I had about 6 email accounts to set up (plus FB, Twitter, LinkedIn) and it all went smooth. I love it!

- Active frames work exceptionnally well, swipes are super easy to use (and get used to).

- Browser is solid.

- Camera and autofocus are solid too.

95% of the time, I'll be using basic apps: contact, browser, calendar, hub of course (messages + bbm), remember, youtube, music, slacker Radio, images, video, skype(hope that would be more stable), docstogo and file manager, and for business, FB, Twitter and LinkedIn.

I'm sure BB10 is not perfect, but it can only get better from here. And for now, the Q10 certainly greatly exceeds my expectations. Seriously!

Chris
    Snazy likes this.
    05-06-13 07:18 AM
    I bet if a newer version of the Q10 was release before the 3-5 years you'd want to buy it
    05-06-13 07:21 AM
    He could buy both

I have a Z10. Will be getting a q10 and r10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    EnchantedBB likes this.
    05-06-13 07:29 AM
    I'm kinda like the OP and would like my phone to perform and be useable for 3-5+yrs...hell my Jeep TJ i've had for 8yrs and 248k miles and see no need to get rid of it !

i would prefer my phone to feel like an old trusted friend not traded in every yr or so...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930...which i pretend is my new Q10 !!
    05-06-13 08:51 AM
    I'm kinda like the OP and would like my phone to perform and be useable for 3-5+yrs...hell my Jeep TJ i've had for 8yrs and 248k miles and see no need to get rid of it !

i would prefer my phone to feel like an old trusted friend not traded in every yr or so...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930...which i pretend is my new Q10 !!
    I like you attitude but no way I can do with the same device for hardly a year much less 3-5 years! Just imagine what BB will be like after 5 more years! They will actually have 3rd party software!
    05-06-13 10:07 AM
    fastpitch: same here, I traded my old 8800 for the Q10 My 8800 did the job (lots missing though- like propre web browser), but buggy with multiple reminders and trackball getting tired.

Now, more than happy with my new Q10... and playbook
    05-06-13 10:20 AM
    I like you attitude but no way I can do with the same device for hardly a year much less 3-5 years! Just imagine what BB will be like after 5 more years! They will actually have 3rd party software!
    I hear ya, it can get frustrating at times and trust me I take a lot of abuse from friends with their fancy phones but I'm pretty much an email/txt guy so its hard to beat that physical keyboard and both the 9650 & 9930 I have just flat out run. If the Q10 is next I'm hoping the build quality will let it go 5yrs !!
    05-06-13 11:36 AM
    fastpitch: same here, I traded my old 8800 for the Q10 My 8800 did the job (lots missing though- like propre web browser), but buggy with multiple reminders and trackball getting tired.

Now, more than happy with my new Q10... and playbook
    Sadly my Playbook gets very little use, really need to take it out for a "run" just to make sure it still works...lol
    Hi Tek likes this.
    05-06-13 11:38 AM
    coming from an Apple device I really hope I can use my q10 (when it's available) for at least 4 years. After all one of the reasons why I want to abandon Apple is that Blackberry supports their phones so much longer
    05-06-13 12:39 PM