Had the 9780, Z10, 9300, 9900 and now Q10

I think I would consider the Q5, it should be just fine for my use cause the 9780 had almost all I needed except the Web browser

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:03 AM
    If you have q10 you don't need the q5. But if you really want physical keyboard why don't the passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:29 AM
    In VN, it is 5,990,000VND ~ 270USD...

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:36 PM
    Sorry for the delay, been bush (and I mean bush - as an Aussie would describe it - a la 800km drive and no cars on a dirt road type bush)

I got mine from eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au

They sent me a Middle East Arabic edition which has english letters and arabic letters. I complained and they refunded my shipping. Its ok but at night the backlight highlights the arabic characters (coloured orange to differentiate from the english letter), which makes a little hard to distinguish.

I have ordered a replacement keyboard which should increase the size of the english letters. I would certainly ask what region a blackberry comes from before buying on line again. My friends have used mobicity which I think is now yantango or such like. Others regard clove.co.uk highly. (I worked with a guy that bought all his tech gear there).

Again sorry for the delayed response.

Sincerely,
    Nic
    Another thing to watch out for is the model number (SQN100-1, 2, 3, ...). You need to make sure you get the model that is compatible with the frequencies offered by your Carrier. Otherwise, you may not be able to get data at all, or the speed that you would normally expect from a compatible phone.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KR2013; 10-13-14 at 07:00 PM.
    DiegoV_G likes this.
    10-11-14 11:27 PM
    Congratulations! You'll love it!

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    10-12-14 02:59 AM
    Hey itai.

Is your keyboard with hebrew letters too? If you know where to get one for the Q10 let us know. I've been looking but I haven't found one.

Chag Sameach!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:20 PM
    Hey, there is a lot of stores that can do it, as I remember, at least for the Q10.

Send me mail to [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:06 AM
    Congrats. What a phone! One of the most productive phones I've had

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 05:12 AM
    Sorry for the delay, been bush (and I mean bush - as an Aussie would describe it - a la 800km drive and no cars on a dirt road type bush)

I got mine from eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au

They sent me a Middle East Arabic edition which has english letters and arabic letters. I complained and they refunded my shipping. Its ok but at night the backlight highlights the arabic characters (coloured orange to differentiate from the english letter), which makes a little hard to distinguish.

I have ordered a replacement keyboard which should increase the size of the english letters. I would certainly ask what region a blackberry comes from before buying on line again. My friends have used mobicity which I think is now yantango or such like. Others regard clove.co.uk highly. (I worked with a guy that bought all his tech gear there).

Again sorry for the delayed response.

Sincerely,
    Nic
    Hi Nic,

No apology necessary, completely understood - unless you've left the major cities it's hard to comprehend just how wide open and desolate the majority of this great country is.

The reason I asked is I bought mine from Kogan.com.au and it also was shipped with the Arabic keys. I like you, kicked up a stink with them for not advertising this and my shipping refunded. I also have ordered a replacement keyboard as the orange just irritates me so much. I suppose if the Arabic characters were white also it may not bother me as much but the orangeness especially when it's dark is hard to put up with (petty of me, I know).

This is exactly why I was curious as to where you bought yours from so I could perhaps give you a heads up on this. In regards to radio frequencies the Middle East have a similar set up so the SQN100-3 model works fine, just the keyboard which gets me.

Let me know how you go with replacing yours. I have ordered mine but I must admit I am not 100% confident in taking my BlackBerry apart..

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:54 AM
    Im from VN and they announnced the new price for Q10.
    6 mil for normal world version, around 300$ net.
    5 mil for Thai keyboard version, 250$

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 12:48 PM
    Dayno I have successfully replaced my keyboard - yep mine had orange Arabic script and it made focusing difficult.
    It was an okay process. There are a number of small pressure sensors that easily snap one you get the frame off. Some are on the mother board others on the chassis. Beware of them.

The hardest part was clipping the connectors to the motherboard back in and getting the small crescent shaped cover blow the keyboard off. There are two screws under there and re assembling didn't result in the screws biting the thread. So those two screws now just sit with the crescent cover holding them in place.

Otherwise my new keyboard works. I now have a $ key which the old keyboard lacked.
    Response is about the same but the keys are not as sharp edged and tactile as the old one.

Otherwise the process was fine and the phone is more than I hoped for. Middle east version or not!

One tip the paybook charger with the orange micros usb is a great charging device if you are looking to get a second one for the office. Personally I am waiting for a case to arrive with built in battery so I can forget about battery stress for days at a time.

Hope you have luck with converting yours. Its much easier on the eye!

Posted via CB10
    dayno25 likes this.
    10-20-14 08:34 PM
    What language did you add?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:55 PM
    Language?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:32 PM
    Congrats, now is your time to enjoy

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:51 PM