Guys I got a new samsung s4 using my BlackBerry q10 as a daily driver should I take the jump. What's ur advice thnx in advance.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:17 PM
    Guys I got a new samsung s4 using my BlackBerry q10 as a daily driver should I take the jump. What's ur advice thnx in advance.

Posted via CB10
    To each is own...what ever works best for you
    bbnrs likes this.
    08-30-14 11:06 PM
    I think switching to Z30 is more fitting. You'll be amazed with the virtual keyboard

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Carjackd likes this.
    08-30-14 11:16 PM
    If you have it try it. I know I tried a z10 for a bit and sure happy to be back on here. I liked reading news on the bigger screen but aside from that I like my keyboard

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
    08-30-14 11:18 PM
    If you mostly consume, then it's a great daily driver.

If you mostly communicate, I'd stick with the Q10 as your daily driver.

Google voice, maps, browsing, news, ebooks, etc everything involving the consumption of content is much more enjoyable on android.

One exception - I don't know if I'm just a moron or not, but is BlackBerry the only one that offer reader mode?

On the flip side, everything involving communication is much more enjoyable on a BlackBerry (qwerty > BlackBerry virtual keyboard > swiftkey > rest).

If you can carry both around i'd do that.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    08-30-14 11:23 PM
    Thnks guys value your opinions let c wht happens.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:39 PM
    That's really too bad, Q10 is WAY better. Such a loss.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:05 PM
    If you mostly consume, then it's a great daily driver.

If you mostly communicate, I'd stick with the Q10 as your daily driver.
    #CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    Pausing to reflect which of these is the main use makes this great advice.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:42 PM
    Back in March I got a Lumia 1020 from my carrier and used it as my daily driver - making my Q10 my secondary device.
    I liked and still like the Lumia 1020, however after almost half a year I began to notice what I simply miss on my daily business by not using the Berry. So I simply popped my main SIM back into the Q10 and am happy with it.

Any new phone is exciting and interesting at first, but once the initial excitement is over and you're getting to your daily routine, other things suddenly matter.
    08-31-14 04:42 PM
    Back in March I got a Lumia 1020 from my carrier and used it as my daily driver - making my Q10 my secondary device.
    I liked and still like the Lumia 1020, however after almost half a year I began to notice what I simply miss on my daily business by not using the Berry. So I simply popped my main SIM back into the Q10 and am happy with it.

Any new phone is exciting and interesting at first, but once the initial excitement is over and you're getting to your daily routine, other things suddenly matter.
    Did they ever fix the delay on the camera for the 1020?
    08-31-14 04:54 PM
    I'd be curious, too...

Four seconds (?) is a lot for a camera phone. Of course, 41MPx, it's a lot of data to process and pump...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-31-14 05:19 PM
    I use my Blackberries (9900, Q10) for business.
    I use my S4 for making videos and watching TV episodes and movies without lugging around a laptop.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    That's what's so great about a capitalistic, open-market economy.
    Lotsa choices.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    08-31-14 07:46 PM
    The S4 is a nice device but it suffers from excessive lag at times and the email is no where near as good as the Q10.

I purchased an Ipad air 4g which fill all my needs that the Q10 doesn't. I find a tablet a nice compliment to the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    08-31-14 08:10 PM
    The S4 is a nice device but it suffers from excessive lag at times and the email is no where near as good as the Q10.

I purchased an Ipad air 4g which fill all my needs that the Q10 doesn't. I find a tablet a nice compliment to the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    I can't wait to see how blend works with tablets.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Jrox74 likes this.
    08-31-14 08:38 PM
    Guys like u all say I keep q10 n samsung s4. Have 2 q10 n 1z10 already with me.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 09:10 PM
    Also using a Q10 but just picked up an S4 via the T-Mobile promo rebate of $200 going from BlackBerry to Samsung and am using it as well. I was very surprised at how easy the touch keyboard on it is. The app experience is far better on it since many of that apps downloaded via Snap on my Q10 just don't seem to work well.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 10:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I came from an S4 before getting a new Note 3 at the start of this year. Aside from the bigger screen and the stylus which proves quite useful for quick note taking, can't say I'd prefer one over the other.

Just got a new Q10 the other month and to be honest, I use it over the Note 3 for all communications needs. The Note 3 has been relegated to browsing, videos, and as a hotspot since my LTE sim in on that device.

I also have an iPad air LTE variant, and I do prefer doing my browsing on it over the Note 3. In short, the Note 3 has become dispensable for me. But the Q10, unsurprisingly, has become an irreplaceable tool for my daily communications needs.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 12:43 AM
    The past years I've been switching phones a lot as it doesn't seem to suit for me. From iphone 4 then Nokia lumia I plunge to android then I got to 2 blackberry curve and 1 bold which happens to lag. Even though the phones lag and hang I really like how the os of blackberry functions so I decided to give it a new try through Q10. We'll it didn't hang or lag on me though seems different from the previous blackberries I had. I have the Q10 for more than a year now longest phone I ever since my beloved Samsung clamshell phones.

Every new phone is nice to have for the first few months and then your excitement dies and you'll start to look for the necessary things you do on your phone. I miss my banking app in the iphone but my bank now has a mobile site so it's just the same to me.

I think you will find a good use for both phones :-).

via Q10
    09-01-14 01:08 AM
    Thnks guys appreciate your feed back.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 02:52 AM
    Unfortunately, since this is not an official bug per se, they did not fix it. The algorithm for picture processing got an update with Lumia Cyan software, however it is like they improved it to just above 4 seconds from roughly 4,4.

So while the camera itself is still awesome and unmatched, it is rather limited to shots of still subjects. Taking pictures of kids, pets,or,other faster moving objects? You need to time that one shot right. This won't ever change unfortunately.
    09-01-14 03:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Planning on doing that too once my Playbook dies. Which feels like never, lol. Will get an Android tablet.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    09-01-14 01:49 PM
    Unfortunately, since this is not an official bug per se, they did not fix it. The algorithm for picture processing got an update with Lumia Cyan software, however it is like they improved it to just above 4 seconds from roughly 4,4.

So while the camera itself is still awesome and unmatched, it is rather limited to shots of still subjects. Taking pictures of kids, pets,or,other faster moving objects? You need to time that one shot right. This won't ever change unfortunately.
    Is it possible to lower the quality and get faster response times?

Posted via my Q10
    09-02-14 09:23 PM