I am just about ready to chuck my Q10 out the window. Truly have had enough of this sticky key/double type issue. I've read post after post regarding this issue and it seems as though there is no solution. Before you jump on me, I do not want to risk taking apart my phone and replacing the keyboard. It is a risky process and it is not definite that the problem will go away (according to the posts that I have read).

Now, it seems that my only other option is to buy an iPhone (just kidding). I would like to get to the bottom of this - it seems that some people have this issue and some don't. Simple as that. So, what I would like to know is where everyones Q10 is from. Mine is made in MEXICO 5 and it has a serious double type issue. Especially with the 0 button. I stick with Blackberry because of the keyboard, honestly, and if they cant even get that right, I mean, wtf?

So, if you guys can be kind enough to tell me where your phone is made and if it has the double typing problem or not. If I see some kind of pattern, we can conclude that maybe it was just a bad batch coming from this specific place and we can avoid buying them.

Thanks for your time.
    Gunner24 likes this.
    11-21-14 11:06 AM
    How long have you had the phone? If you're still under warranty, I would recommend you get a replacement.

My last Q10 was Mexico 3 (gave it away,) and my current is Mexico 5.
    11-21-14 11:10 AM
    Bought it in June 2013 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:19 AM
    Just for 0giggles 0and 0those 0who 0dont beleiv0e 0me 0 0 0this 0is 0the 0problem 0that 0my 0phone 0is diseased 0with 0 0yes 0disgusting 0i 0know 0 0especi0ally 0when 0i 0bought 0this 0phone 0to 0type e0mails 0using 0the 0keyboard 0 0im 0going 0to s0top 0now 0bec0ause 0i 0think 0ive 0made 0my 0point 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0(all 0those 0z0eros 0at 0the e0nd 0are 0rom 0me 0pressing 0the 0spac0e bar to put in a period. Seems as though the problem is spreading ac0ross the phone. Sometimes it works fine and other times its a nightmare (as you c0an see above). I did not edit this, just kept typing.

Hopefully you c0an understand my disappointment with black0berry and the q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:42 AM
    The only way to fix a keyboard problem is to replace the keyboard. I did some research on the part and only the earliest phones have the issue and Blackberry fixed the problem. I have been able to take apart some keyboards and did find the issue. As I said, the only way to fix is to replace the keyboard. All never phones have the newer keyboard. I have not seen any keyboard have a problem if they are REV 1 versions. The only way to know when buying is to take they apart and you don't want to do that. Replacement keyboards are cheap and it isn't that hard to replace the keyboard.
    Attached Thumbnails I've truly had enough...need some information from my fellow Q10 users. (RE:DOUBLE TYPE ISSUE)-keyboard_3.png  
    11-21-14 11:45 AM
    Just for 0giggles 0and 0those 0who 0dont beleiv0e 0me 0 0 0this 0is 0the 0problem 0that 0my 0phone 0is diseased 0with 0 0yes 0disgusting 0i 0know 0 0especi0ally 0when 0i 0bought 0this 0phone 0to 0type e0mails 0using 0the 0keyboard 0 0im 0going 0to s0top 0now 0bec0ause 0i 0think 0ive 0made 0my 0point 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0(all 0those 0z0eros 0at 0the e0nd 0are 0rom 0me 0pressing 0the 0spac0e bar to put in a period. Seems as though the problem is spreading ac0ross the phone. Sometimes it works fine and other times its a nightmare (as you c0an see above). I did not edit this, just kept typing.

Hopefully you c0an understand my disappointment with black0berry and the q10.

Posted via CB10
    I actually like this..
    11-21-14 11:47 AM
    I am so sorry that you are experiencing this. I have only had my Q for about 3 weeks now but I haven't had any issues to date. Will try and see were the device was made later. I also have the white one and was kind of wondering if it is less prone to issues with the keyboard. I also wash my hand a lot -- wonder if had grease or dirt starts to have an effect over time.

Either way BlackBerry should do something about these issues. I don't know why as a company you don't work as hard as you can to keep your loyal customers. These issues are a reason people will switch. One benefit of vkb is there is less of a chance of having issues with text input from a mechanical stand point.

Have you contacted BlackBerry to see if they will fix the device or send you a new one?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 11:50 AM
    There is little risk to replacing Q10 keyboard yourself.

For $10 you can have a new keyboard for your Q10.

Why not just fix it instead of spending energy complaining about it? After all, it is a known issue with a known fix. Simple.

Good luck.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    11-21-14 11:59 AM
    NOTE: Not all initial keyboards have the issue. I have had to replace a couple of screens on keyboards that have the first version of the keyboard and they didn't have the double type issue. But all the keyboards that I have replaced with double typing are the first version. I have never seen a keyboard with REV 1 have the double typing issue. And comparing the two, the REV 1 feels stiffer.
    11-21-14 12:06 PM
    My wife's had the problem and I upgraded hers to look better.

I've truly had enough...need some information from my fellow Q10 users. (RE:DOUBLE TYPE ISSUE)-img_20141031_210905_edit.jpg

Gold Metal Front Bezel Frame Housing Power Volume Key for Blackberry Q10 | eBay
    Kennedy.L, bungaboy, jpvj and 6 others like this.
    11-21-14 12:09 PM

Why not just fix it instead of spending energy complaining about it? After all, it is a known issue with a known fix. Simple.

Good luck.
    This should be BlackBerry"s concern, not the customer's. Not everyone has the technical skills to fix their own phone, specially if it's a known issue.

Posted from a D618
    11-21-14 12:11 PM
    This should be BlackBerry"s concern, not the customer's. Not everyone has the technical skills to fix their own phone, specially if it's a known issue.

Posted from a D618
    Yes. If it is under warranty, they should fix this. If it is out of warranty, what should the OP do?
    bungaboy and southlander like this.
    11-21-14 12:32 PM
    Had the "sticky keys" issue after almost a year (primarily the "o" kept on repeating) of heavy use .. brought it back and it was replaced under warranty .. haven't had an issue in over 4 months since.
    11-21-14 12:36 PM

Good luck.
    There is little effort for Blackberry to ship a device with a decent quality keyboard but they do not because people like you that tell the users should fix it. This issue is widespread but as usual they turn a deaf ear.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    11-21-14 01:00 PM
    There is little effort for Blackberry to ship a device with a decent quality keyboard but they do not because people like you that tell the users should fix it. This issue is widespread but as usual they turn a deaf ear.
    Kinda like Apple manufacturing the iPhone 6+ with a design flaw, huh? And then people like...some people telling users to not sit on phones because they think that's the only way the phones bend.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-21-14 01:13 PM
    Kinda like Apple manufacturing the iPhone 6+ with a design flaw, huh? And then people like...some people telling users to not sit on phones because they think that's the only way the phones bend.
    Difference here being that if you have this issue apple will replace the phone. Although, you should sit on your phone that's asking for trouble -- sitting on a 5.5 inch screen phone is hardly the same as typing on your physical keyboard.

I just wish BlackBerry customer service was as good as apple's.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 01:31 PM
    They had a QC control on a small number of phones that occurred after some period of time. In this case after warranty period was over. Badboygt got it fixed under warranty. What more would you like?
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-21-14 01:34 PM
    I have a double typing issue and phantom 0 presses.

Both are hardware defects. One is a poorly designed debounce circuit. The other caused by bad technology for holding the buttons causing space bar to gently press where the 0 is.

Replacing the keyboard is the only fix and even then it's a temporary fix.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    11-21-14 01:35 PM
    Difference here being that if you have this issue apple will replace the phone. Although, you should sit on your phone that's asking for trouble -- sitting on a 5.5 inch screen phone is hardly the same as typing on your physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    What happens when the warranty period is over? Will Apple still replace the phone for free?
    11-21-14 01:35 PM
    I have a double typing issue and phantom 0 presses.

Both are hardware defects. One is a poorly designed debounce circuit. The other caused by bad technology for holding the buttons causing space bar to gently press where the 0 is.

Replacing the keyboard is the only fix and even then it's a temporary fix.

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    You are kinda right. The circuit design is fine as is holding the buttons. The problem was some of the initial keyboards had the silver cups in the image below not centered properly. All the keyboards I have see that have the double typing have the cups offset in some of the keys.

I've truly had enough...need some information from my fellow Q10 users. (RE:DOUBLE TYPE ISSUE)-keyboard_1.jpg

The REV 1 keyboard has the identical design, but all the cups are centered perfectly and because of that they feel firmer as they are functioning as designed.
    11-21-14 01:43 PM
    What happens when the warranty period is over? Will Apple still replace the phone for free?
    In my experience yes. I can't speak of course for every customer or every apple store. Wife had a 3gs out of warranty and the replaced a home button for her free of cost. They also replaced her iphone 5 battery for free on a recall even though hers wasn't having any real issues. It was a known problem and they stepped up.

Not saying the company is perfect but so far the have earned our family's business because of the customer service.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    11-21-14 01:47 PM
    In my experience yes. I can't speak of course for every customer or every apple store. Wife had a 3gs out of warranty and the replaced a home button for her free of cost. They also replaced her iphone 5 battery for free on a recall even though hers wasn't having any real issues. It was a known problem and they stepped up.

Not saying the company is perfect but so far the have earned our family's business because of the customer service.

Posted via CB10
    If Blackberry had 138 billion in cash, they could have the same service.
    southlander likes this.
    11-21-14 01:55 PM
    I had this problem pop up after about a year of using my Q10. I think it was from moisture accumulation. Brought it to a phone repair shop and had the keyboard replaced in 10 minutes, pretty cheap fix. No problems since then.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 02:09 PM
    Are you down a quart?

People like me? People like me address the issue and get it fixed! Don't come whining and crying on a forum.

Enjoy your iThang?
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    11-21-14 02:17 PM

Posted via CB10

Yes iJack with 70ish posts. What ever you say.
    11-21-14 02:19 PM
121 123 ...