HI, trying to get either BB Maps or Google maps to work on my Q10-nothing seems to work. On the BB Maps, when I enter the 2 locations for
    directions, I get the following message: "The beginning of your route is too far away from a road. Proceed to nearest road and try again. (3003)."
    The first time I got this I was ON a road, pulled over, trying to get directions. It has never worked. I do get the blue dot telling me where I am, so I think the GPS function is working.

The other thing is Google Maps. I've read several of the posts, I've tried to use the browser version...I enter the addresses then press the arrow
    that is supposed to lead to them giving me directions, and nothing ever happens.

Any suggestions? I am going on a day trip today with friends and will have to rely on their phones for directions. Embarrassing!
    07-07-13 08:40 AM
    Welcome to the forums! Please keep your profile updated as that can help us troubleshoot!

What OS version are you running? Did you try checking BB World for an updated version of BB Maps?

Google Maps via the browser may works but would be far from a usable option for navigation. You can try sideloading the ported, unofficial, version. If you look around the forums, you're sure to find a few BARs for that. Here is a guide on how to sideload: Sideload Android apps to your BlackBerry 10 device using Google Chrome | CrackBerry.com

I'd run update my OS, make sure BB Maps is current and then a few GPS tests. If after the updates it still behaves as it does, you may have a shot device.

If you manage to get GMaps and also have issues, then it will be proved it's hardware.
    07-07-13 10:11 AM
    Hi. Software version 10.1.0.2011.

I just tried to update my apps in BB world by touching the recycle button at the bottom of the screen, and nothing changed. Could you please tell me how to update my OS? Also when I go to BB Maps, that little circle happens for like forever and now I don't get the blue dot showing my location. Instead I get a red square with a circle in it and a line across it, like do not enter.

This is such a waste of my time. Thanks for any help you can offer. I will look into that sideloading option you mentioned in the meantime.
    07-09-13 07:04 PM
    Just tried that link to sideload blah blah blah. Well I got to that screen in developer mode and chrome, but I did not see google maps in that list.
    07-09-13 07:11 PM
    Blackberry maps still sucks
    07-09-13 08:15 PM
    If the blue dot is off, could it be that location services is now off? May or may not be, but worth a shot to check.
    07-09-13 08:57 PM
    Don't you ever touch BlackBerry maps again. He's the demon child BlackBerry maps was trying to send me around the world when best buy was around the corner.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:06 PM
    Location services is on...but when I went into location services for specific apps, it was off. Thank you so much for solving my problem.
    Could someone give me better directions (no pun intended) for side loading Google maps? I did what was recommended above (going into developer mode, etc) but was unable to see how to get Google maps from there. Thanks!
    Last edited by lovegums; 07-10-13 at 10:48 AM. Reason: had added information
    07-10-13 10:39 AM
    Location services is on...but when I went into location services for specific apps, it was off. Thank you so much for solving my problem.
    Could someone give me better directions (no pun intended) for side loading Google maps? I did what was recommended above (going into developer mode, etc) but was unable to see how to get Google maps from there. Thanks!
    Once you get to step 5 on that tutorial and you see the list of applications.. you're seeing a list of applications already on your phone. To add a new one you would drag and drop the .bar file into the top right of the browser window. It will then transfer the .bar to your phone, and then install it.
    07-10-13 11:05 AM
    Yeah the maps sucks! I was stuck in the Toronto storm the other day and there was no visibility for seeing signs so I figured I can use my Maps to find my location and also navigate home. But..with location services on the Maps App couldn't even locate me. Yesterday I've downloaded the leaked 10.2 and google maps sideloaded works great better than on 10.1
    07-10-13 01:50 PM
    Yeah the maps sucks! I was stuck in the Toronto storm the other day and there was no visibility for seeing signs so I figured I can use my Maps to find my location and also navigate home. But..with location services on the Maps App couldn't even locate me. Yesterday I've downloaded the leaked 10.2 and google maps sideloaded works great better than on 10.1
    You don know that GPS is highly dependant on clear skies right? A powerful storm would severily damage the device's capability to get a satelite.
    07-10-13 02:49 PM