Hey all,

Long time BlackBerry owner and CrackBerry user, first time poster. I have owned the BlackBerry Q10 since July 2013 and have had this issue for as long as I remember.

When I back up my phone, all the videos that I have saved that other people sent me(all sent and saved onto my device via text messages) when I play them on my PC on Windows Media Player, the video doesn't show, all I get is a green screen. I can hear the audio, just the visual is covered by green-ness lol. And this is for all of the videos that I have.

This does not apply to the videos taken on my device with my camera, those play perfectly fine. Just ones sent and saved.

I tried updating Windows Media Player but it says I have the latest version installed. Could it possibly be a codec I need to download? Should I try playing the video files on a different media player?

I have attached a screenshot of the "green-ness" to show you all what I am dealing with. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Issues backing up videos, all I see is green-0.jpg  
    03-19-14 09:52 PM
    It does appear to be a codec issue.

Personally, I never use the built in Windows media player. I find it slow, clunky, and spammy.

/shameless plug.
    I use an open project codec package and media player called Combine Community Codec Pack aka CCCP.
    It was created originally by and for the online Japanese Anime fans who "fan-sub" anime or create AMVs (Anime Music Videos), however it has the ability to play just about any format or codec known.
    It is free, open sourced, no ad-ware, no spam, no spyware, very fast, and updated regularly.
    See:
    CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack
    Runs_With_Scissors likes this.
    03-20-14 06:49 AM
    It does appear to be a codec issue.

Personally, I never use the built in Windows media player. I find it slow, clunky, and spammy.

/shameless plug.
    I use an open project codec package and media player called Combine Community Codec Pack aka CCCP.
    It was created originally by and for the online Japanese Anime fans who "fan-sub" anime or create AMVs (Anime Music Videos), however it has the ability to play just about any format or codec known.
    It is free, open sourced, no ad-ware, no spam, no spyware, very fast, and updated regularly.
    See:
    CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack
    Thank you for your reply. If I download this, will it be applied to my Windows Media Player?
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-20-14 08:42 AM
    Thank you for your reply. If I download this, will it be applied to my Windows Media Player?
    Some of the codecs will be accessible through Windows Media Player (WMP), however I would suggest using the player that comes with the pack instead of WMP.
    The player included is Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.
    It's UI is basically a copy of WMP, but from a much older version from back in the early Windows98 days, before all the spam and bloat that I feel is in the current WMP.
    Runs_With_Scissors likes this.
    03-20-14 10:59 AM
    Some of the codecs will be accessible through Windows Media Player (WMP), however I would suggest using the player that comes with the pack instead of WMP.
    The player included is Media Player Classic - Home Cinema.
    It's UI is basically a copy of WMP, but from a much older version from back in the early Windows98 days, before all the spam and bloat that I feel is in the current WMP.
    I actually just downloaded and tried "VLC Media Player" for the first time and it plays all of them perfectly fine. But thank you, I really appreciate all your help and responses.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-20-14 04:30 PM
    No problem.
    Glad to be of help.

VLC is a great player and has some neat network features, however it is self contained. This means if a new codec or format comes out, you will need to upgrade the whole VLC program.
    03-20-14 05:40 PM