Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Issues with 1 EAS and 2 Hotmail Accounts on Q10

Having an issue with a Q10 on AT&T. A user is having problems with an Exchange ActiveSync account and Two Hotmail Accounts on his Q10. The issue is the EAS account will stop receiving email shortly after it is added to the device and when adding a second Hotmail account, it gives an error and won't complete the setup. Afterwards the Settings->Accounts section will not load, you get just a spinning wheel, rebooting works sometimes. Anyone have similar issues? Anyone running multiple Hotmail accounts with full sync (mail, contacts, calendar)?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

I have three outlook.com accounts setup as EAS and one pop. I have no problems. The hotmail accounts should probably setup just like the new outlook.com accounts, which uses EAS.

If the accounts have a lot of contacts and data or they are syncing large amounts of email messages, you might want to add one account at a time, give it a couple hours to sync and then add another.

The BB10 OS does a lot in the background, so the syncing of large accounts can take some time and use lots of battery and data. It probably tries to give the sync process a lower priority to keep the phone responsive, but also slower sync.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

robsteve, When you setup the accounts, did you add them as hotmail.com or outlook.com as the full email address? Just wondering what OS are you running? Also we setup the accounts yesterday afternoon, a full 24 hours had gone by and still having issues. I did a wipe of the handset earlier and then added the accounts again, I'll go check on the user for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by robsteve View Post
    I have three outlook.com accounts setup as EAS and one pop. I have no problems. The hotmail accounts should probably setup just like the new outlook.com accounts, which uses EAS.

If the accounts have a lot of contacts and data or they are syncing large amounts of email messages, you might want to add one account at a time, give it a couple hours to sync and then add another.

The BB10 OS does a lot in the background, so the syncing of large accounts can take some time and use lots of battery and data. It probably tries to give the sync process a lower priority to keep the phone responsive, but also slower sync.
    CrackBerry Genius

I set my outlook accounts as outlook.com accounts. They have worked on all OS versions of the Z10 and Q10. You may want to do use the custom setup functions and use the outlook.com servers. There was a thread on it in one of the forums.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by robsteve; 05-14-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Well I got this issues fixed. I downloaded a leaked OS, the users device was running release 10.1.0.1200. Loading 10.1.0.1483 (10.1.0.273) from here BlackBerry OS Downloads resolved the issue, at least so far. After loading the OS, the Q10 was more responsive and all the accounts added without an issue.