I think one of the mistakes they made was to launch the Z10 before the Q10. At that point loads of potential users were still in the market for something different from the traditional touchscreen based smartphones. When the Z10 proved to be too little of a difference-maker, Blackberry's downturn commenced.
    Granted, it was a very tough decision to make for management but it's proved to be a costly mistake in my opinion. Why offer something which doesn't differentiate itself from what's already out there. Sony is already finding out. There are few people I know who carry a BB10 device but nobody carries a Sony.

Posted via CB10
    Strange, depends where you're from, I know quite a few people with the new z model from sony.

I like that it's trying to differentiate with the dust and water seal.

I think Sony found that out a while ago and have made an effort to stand out lately.
    12-27-13 12:19 AM
    It really is as we Blackberry die-hards suspected, emigrants of the BB platform do miss it! At least that's what my conversation with a few random folks at a dinner theatre revealed.

I was seated with a group of strangers, all of them fitting the 40-something demographic. Everyone was quiet at first. So ...

I made a few ice-breaker jokes, and the table started to chat while dinner was served. I had my BB on the table, face down, when one guy said, "is that an iPhone?" I flipped it over and revealed its true identity, and exclaimed "from my cold, dead, hands" referring to the QWERTY sexy goodness (telling them how I loved the "new" Blackberry).

That guy, now an iPhone user, said openly that he missed his BB keyboard. Then, amazingly, so did another person at the table, also now an iPhone user. We were bonding.

I listened as a third person at the table chimed in about how much she missed her Blackberry. I was stunned to hear these ex-users extol the QWERTY goodness of their old BBs, and then proceed to talk about how they dislike "texting and emailing" on the iPhone.

Conversation turned to embarrassing texts, and the need for severe proofreading before hitting "send" on virtual keyboards.

What a surprising conversation, totally unexpected! I was super pleased to hear these people missed their BBs. But, the sad bit ... these people had no idea Blackberry had new phones out, let alone QWERTY models!

So, come on BB ... step up the marketing! There clearly are folks who might give you another chance, if they only knew what you had on offer!
    I hear that too often, "oh, I suck at typing on a touchscreen, I miss the keyboard, I wish this had a keyboard, oh, but I didn't buy a BB because it isn't the cool new thing." *******, only care about being on the bandwagon and not about getting something that works for them... And no, it's not just about not knowing. Many times someone has asked me for advice on phones, and I'm pretty objective, I go over all of the options. And on several of those occassions they brought up about how they had a BB for work or had one a while ago and how they love the keyboard and hate typing on a touchscreen. Then I would show them my Q10, explain that it's a new system, show them how fast and fluid it is, they seem completely impressed and sold, then later I see them with the new iphone of Samsung and it's like "oh, I liked the BlackBerry, but this is the cool phone now."

SERIOUSLY?? That's what you base your buying decision on? Wow, sorry, no other words for it, *******...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-27-13 12:26 AM
27 12