I miss having a BB device. I have the iphone 5 and want to get a 9930 until the Q10 comes out.. Would that be a dumb move?

Sorry just realized i posted this on the wrong forum.
    02-11-13 10:57 AM
    I was thinking about buying a 9900/9930/9810 to use as a secondary with my gnote till the q10 is released, the waiting game is killing me lol
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-11-13 11:02 AM
    Miss BB + Needs physical keyboard = smart move
    02-11-13 11:07 AM
    Depends on what you use your phone for. If mostly for work related stuff (email, BBM docs etc) then why not. However if you use your phone as mostly a media/entertainment device then stick with the iphone until the Z10 or Q 10 is out.
    BBKrzy and s2by10 like this.
    02-11-13 11:14 AM
    Really depends on your primary needs and what is most important ! For me managing 2 shops 100 miles apart with 41 employees and also managing a travel softball team, email & txt messaging are most important and the qwerty keyboard BB wins hands down...for gaming tho I always grab my iPod touch !!
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-11-13 11:35 AM
    I miss having a BB device. I have the iphone 5 and want to get a 9930 until the Q10 comes out.. Would that be a dumb move?

honestly I would wait. If you have an iphone five. its speed is going to top the 9930. Instead of down grading then upgrading again to a q10 just wait for the q10 and only upgrade once. dont buy a new phone just to turn around and buy another new phone . its a waste of your money.
    robitaille93, 1TIME and s2by10 like this.
    02-11-13 12:27 PM
    I've asked that question before myself, and most of the advice seemed to suggest buy it (if its a good price), then when the q10 comes out you can either resell it or keep it as a backup device (or just keep it if the q10 doesn't tickle your fancy).
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-11-13 07:53 PM
    Smartest move you could possibly make. Jk. But I went from a ifone 3g to a 9700. I didn't miss it. And here I am still rocking a wolf on my noggin, errr I mean a 9930
    02-12-13 12:24 AM
    Depends on how good Q10 is gonna be
    02-12-13 03:40 AM
    I would wait. The pre-BB10 handsets are old hat now. You could be stuck with the 9930 for two years and find no new apps, lack of support, outdated OS. Just hold on to your iPhone for a little longer.
    robitaille93 likes this.
    02-12-13 04:21 AM
    Not necessary a "dumb" move. Just depends on what your core uses are.

Ive had a 4S and switched over to 9930 and love it. I dont miss the iPhone much at all. I mean it was jailbroken and everything, and it ran great! I played all the games, and having an endless selection of apps was nice. But, theres something about BB i love so much. From just how great the email notifications are, the texting/calling experience, to the bright red notification light, nice physical keyboard, a smooth touch screen experience, and those customizable profile tones. These are my core uses, and probably why i love my 9930 so much. Im hoping to upgrade to a Q10 in Sept later this year soooo yea
    02-12-13 07:17 AM
    Switched from my s3 to my old 9780 while I'm waiting for the Q10. Was about to get full value for my s3 when selling it and that was my main goal. With the s4 coming out as well as the new blackberries the value of my s3 was surely going to go down. In the end I probably only saved myself 50 to 100 bucks but something is better than nothing I guess. I am so happy to have a keyboard again
    s2by10 likes this.
    02-12-13 08:27 AM
    Not necessary a "dumb" move. Just depends on what your core uses are.

Ive had a 4S and switched over to 9930 and love it. I dont miss the iPhone much at all. I mean it was jailbroken and everything, and it ran great! I played all the games, and having an endless selection of apps was nice. But, theres something about BB i love so much. From just how great the email notifications are, the texting/calling experience, to the bright red notification light, nice physical keyboard, a smooth touch screen experience, and those customizable profile tones. These are my core uses, and probably why i love my 9930 so much. Im hoping to upgrade to a Q10 in Sept later this year soooo yea
    Ohhh yes, i miss the red notification light too! And the awesome keyboard too. I really hope to get the q10 in april.. If it's white of course.
    02-12-13 09:18 AM

Naw, if you love the notification light as well as the keyboard, I say get the bold. Still a great device IMO.

Going HAM using Tapatalk
    02-12-13 09:24 AM
    What's your use-case like?

I'm on an iPhone 4S now and 9900 was my last BlackBerry phone. In my current circumstances, i wouldn't switch back. But if my job changed where I was back to getting 200 emails a day and i was traveling a lot, that keyboard, the blinking light and that replaceable battery would have me switching in a heartbeat. You have to decide what's best for you based upon how you use the phone.
    s2by10 likes this.
    02-12-13 09:27 AM
    I wouldn't say BB is useless. I was an avid BB user for a few years. Yes they have limited apps. I do like my instagram. And i never even used BBM. Its sad people just up and forgot Blackberry. I would go back in a heartbeat. The only good thing about iphones and androids are the apps. It really depends on personal preference.
    02-12-13 02:31 PM
    I would say wait. I love my iphone 5 and its the best out there in my opinion. My 9930 was the second best phone I owned but it would just be a downgrade and you will miss your iphone. Just wait until the q10 so you can have a phone on equal playing field. Thats what i'm doing.
    zeteo and robitaille93 like this.
    02-12-13 02:57 PM
    I would say wait. I love my iphone 5 and its the best out there in my opinion. My 9930 was the second best phone I owned but it would just be a downgrade and you will miss your iphone. Just wait until the q10 so you can have a phone on equal playing field. Thats what i'm doing.
    Thanx, that's what i am going to do. It's just such a long wait it seems. There isn't even a release date yet =/
    02-12-13 03:16 PM

Oh my God! This is too funny. I was literally thinking the EXACT same thing and was going to post the same question. Thank you for beating me to it. I think I'm going to hit the store and get a 9930 until May/June when the Q10 comes out.

I really do miss that keyboard! Fastpitch_dad nailed it. I'm a real estate agent and I got a gazillion emails each day. It's frustrating having to type on that on-screen keyboard!
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-12-13 04:29 PM
    I am in the exact same boat. I have loved my iPhone's lots over the years, but have missed BlackBerry at times. Lately, I've grown tired of the stale OS that is iOS. With the new BB10 coming I have been more active in viewing info on BlackBerry and I think it's reinvigorated my love for it. I have considered grabbing the Z10, but to me it's really just the same as having an iPhone 5. But grabbing a qwerty keyboard phone makes more sense as it's a different approach. I don't want to wait for the Q10 - plus, I don't think it looks better than the 9900 - and the 9900 is available for cheap on a new contract. I really only need it for text, email and twitter. The other apps I have on my iPhone rarely get used. And I would keep my iPhone in addition to the 9900 (as I have a free upgrade on 1 of the 2 contracts available on my account).
    s2by10 likes this.
    02-12-13 08:52 PM
    I agree, so many people are settling for the Z10 all because they don't want to wait a little longer. Me however i can wait for the Q10. Since im buying it right out anyways. The Z10 is like having an iphone and im tired of having this one and i want the Q10. Going to sell my iphone 5 so i'll be able to get the Q10.
    02-12-13 09:02 PM
    i have both the iphone and the z10 now when the Q comes out i will get the Q as my main and keep the iphone as backup just for apps. the Z10 is just iphone knock off.
    02-12-13 09:15 PM
    i have both the iphone and the z10 now when the Q comes out i will get the Q as my main and keep the iphone as backup just for apps. the Z10 is just iphone knock off.
    Exactly, if i wanted a z10 i would just keep my iphone 5. And i miss my qwerty!
    02-12-13 09:23 PM
    @Andrei1986
    Troll... Get off these forums. This is a BlackBerry site if you can read. Don't let the door hit you on your way out. Heck, I'll hold it open for you.
    02-12-13 11:01 PM
    Oh, and an iPhone 5 to a Bold 9930... That's a peculiar jump, but I'd do it. I love my 9900 but the iPhone is great too. It all comes down to personal preference.
    02-12-13 11:06 PM
52 123