Oh, and an iPhone 5 to a Bold 9930... That's a peculiar jump, but I'd do it. I love my 9900 but the iPhone is great too. It all comes down to personal preference.
    You're absolutely right. The advice that sold me was earlier on this thread - if you want a media consumption device, go iPhone. If you want a master communication device, go Bold.

I ordered my Bold 9930 tonight! It arrives Thursday. I also ordered an iPad. So I won't miss iOS too much!!
    02-12-13 11:17 PM
    I would wait.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-12-13 11:38 PM
    Nothing beats BlackBerry for productivity - flagging mails with reminders, searches, typing, PIM, the speed with with emails come and go, data compression, security - still make any os 7 device a formidable tool who care about the things listed above.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 03:30 AM
    Dumb move? No! I've had the iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4. I went from iPhone 4 to Bold 9000 and bought the 9700. I rocked the 9000 along with the iPhone, but the 9700 was fast enough and the battery was ok, so I dumped the iPhone. Now I got a 9900 and I don't even look at iPhones anymore. I got iPhone and Note2 users at home, heck there's even an iPad laying somewhere but I don't miss anything on my 9900.

If you use a lot of apps you won't like it, because the app selection isn't there, period. But if you're about managing your stuff, there's nothing better than a BlackBerry. If you plan on selling your iPhone 5 and buying a 9930, you could also wait and sell the iPhone 5 and buy a Q10 instead. You have to wait longer, but in the end you'll lose less money. If the money is worth it for you personally, you should do it.

I wouldn't do it, not in the situation I am in now, but that's not important for your choice!
    02-13-13 06:23 AM
    Well I just retired my galaxy note and picked up the Z10 and love it, can't wait to trade this in for the Q10

02-13-13 07:37 AM
    about 10 posts removed, knock it off or spend the rest of the week off.
    02-13-13 09:08 AM
    That's what i planned doing is selling my i5 and get the Q10. LONG WAIT!
    02-13-13 09:12 AM
    about 10 posts removed, knock it off or spend the rest of the week off.
    Thanks H . . Geez I just sent a report on the guy and when I came back found this . . What happens when I report a post that's already gone? =)
    02-13-13 09:13 AM
    Thanks H . . Geez I just sent a report on the guy and when I came back found this . . What happens when I report a post that's already gone? =)
    i dont think it goes thru, i didnt get an email about it atleast
    02-13-13 09:24 AM
    Thanks . . I should have known you'd be on top of it I'm usually pretty tolerant but that guy was just getting a bit too much
    02-13-13 10:04 AM
    I have the Note2 and the 9930. The Note2 is a fine device, but the 9930 is what gets things done.
    02-13-13 11:12 AM
    I have the Note2 and the 9930. The Note2 is a fine device, but the 9930 is what gets things done.
    People keep talking about how the Z10 keyboard is amazing, but I found the note 1 keyboard to be better (well I wasn't using the stock one I was using the ice cream sandwich keyboard I downloaded).

Speed and multitasking in bb10 is much better then android imo and when paired with the physical keyboard on the q10 it will be an amazing experience!

02-13-13 11:42 AM
    I tried going without my 9930 (9930 to Bionic to 9930 to Galaxy Nexus to 9930 to Note 2 to 9930). The 9930 is just a better all around device for me and I pair it with a tablet. I will try the Z10 while I wait for the Q10.
    02-13-13 08:55 PM
    People keep talking about how the Z10 keyboard is amazing, but I found the note 1 keyboard to be better (well I wasn't using the stock one I was using the ice cream sandwich keyboard I downloaded).

Speed and multitasking in bb10 is much better then android imo and when paired with the physical keyboard on the q10 it will be an amazing experience!

not sure if fair comparison, you are looking at 4.2" screen vs 5.2" screen. obviously with a bigger screen you would have bigger keys, which makes it easier to type on.
    02-14-13 12:23 AM
    not sure if fair comparison, you are looking at 4.2" screen vs 5.2" screen. obviously with a bigger screen you would have bigger keys, which makes it easier to type on.
    Ya you are right, I've been using my Z10 for more then a day and starting to get used to size of the keyboard, by the end of the week I don't think il care anymore about the galaxy notes bigger keyboard

02-14-13 06:23 AM
    Not if "Messaging is Your Priority". Otherwise its likely to be a lateral move at best. And when I say best, I'm stretching it as far as possible.

For me the 9900 has the great keypad and the awesome messaging integration. I can't imagine much else about the 9900 would cause you to want to switch.

You will need to be more involved in setting up the OS on the Blackberry as well.

I do love mine though, at this point in time the 9900 is devoid of all the BS problems people are moaning about with the BB10's.

You will hate the camera! LOL Photographer Wanna Be's need not apply.
    Nauwiesbande likes this.
    02-15-13 02:39 AM
    Not if "Messaging is Your Priority". Otherwise its likely to be a lateral move at best. And when I say best, I'm stretching it as far as possible.

For me the 9900 has the great keypad and the awesome messaging integration. I can't imagine much else about the 9900 would cause you to want to switch.

You will need to be more involved in setting up the OS on the Blackberry as well.

I do love mine though, at this point in time the 9900 is devoid of all the BS problems people are moaning about with the BB10's.

You will hate the camera! LOL Photographer Wanna Be's need not apply.
    I currently own the Z10 and have to say the camera is decent but nothing special, the one on my galaxy note was much better..

02-15-13 06:37 AM
    Why would that be dumb if you like it better? I just send back the iPhone 5 I had ordered because of all the problems I discovered I'd have with iCloud for my specific needs. I'd rather be on my 9700 with dead pixels for the time being. And I really don't like the size, form factor and touch screens in general. I'll have a look a the Z10 once it's available around here. Not very confident that I'll like it any better (isn't it even bigger than the iphone 5?)

If the Q10 doesn't materialize, turns out to be too expensive or anything else wrong with it I can totally see getting whatever legacy device I can get that is maybe a little faster and has more memory compared to my old 9700. Go for it.

Blackberry is about the email service anyway not about the device. They missed that completely during the miserable BB10 launch event.
    02-15-13 02:11 PM
    I would like to have the 9930 to have as backup for when i sell my phone on ebay b/c i will have to replace my phone with another when i do so.
    02-15-13 02:50 PM
    I just got a like-new 9930 on ebay to use until the Q10. Can't get a decent physical keyboard anywhere else. Droid 4 was ok but don't like the slider.
    02-15-13 03:35 PM
    I just got a like-new 9930 on ebay to use until the Q10. Can't get a decent physical keyboard anywhere else. Droid 4 was ok but don't like the slider.
    Yeah i plan buying it off ebay and then selling my iphone 5 to get the Q10.
    02-15-13 03:42 PM
    The 9900 is awesome on Att network. I don't think I could ever go back to cdma slow data. I had the iphone4 for six months then added a line when the 9900 came out and my iphone4 was left in my truck turned off unless I let my battery die and needed something while it charged and let the kids watch netflix on it until they got there own playbook and had there own movies and shows downloaded. I recently sold my iphone4 and 9900 in preparation of bb10 launch then when the news came of the delay I bought a 9900 off evilbay. The first one had the housing changed and the mic didn't work. The second one randomly closes Web pages and is slow to load my 3000 pictures. My new one I bought originally was perfect. I can live with this one comfortably until Bb10 hits the us but I'm not sure what model to get. I love my buttons. I type very long emails and other work related forms. I hated taking my work gloves off to answer the phone and the q10 won't be as good for that I may just keep the 9900 for awhile longer maybe 2 years and get the z10 for a backup on my other line
    02-16-13 09:25 PM
    This is exactly what I did at the end of December. I had made the move to iPhone5 after 12+ years with BB because I was sick of waiting for BB10. After 2 weeks with the iPhone5 I had to return it. From day 1 corporate email (exchange) was not pushing properly. After some research I found out tons of people were experiencing the same issue I was and until the new iOS 6.1 was released it was not going to be fixed. I did not want to wait. I went to eBay and purchased a "like-new" 9930 and I can't tell you how happy I was to be back to a physical keyboard device, all-be-it it was only 2 weeks with a pretty fun device. So I have been with the 9930 since the end of December and it is awesome, much better than the 9650 was (used to be my favorite BB). I'll just wait till the Q10 at this point.
    02-17-13 01:41 PM
    Not dumb; just interesting...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-17-13 08:59 PM
    Thats too bad. I got the impression from all the Hoopla that the camera was on par with the other top end phones. Oh well.
    02-18-13 03:11 PM
52 123