Hey All,

With Apple's launch of iOS 8 today, I was wondering if BB (with its focus on productivity) will implement interactive notifications in 10.3?
    09-17-14 10:35 PM
    We had that from 10.2.1, I believe and I have it running very well on 10.3
    09-17-14 10:42 PM
    We had that for months.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    mrzeolite likes this.
    09-17-14 10:45 PM
    Downloaded iOS8 today for my work phone. Nothing special.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:08 AM
    Got iOS8 onto my girlfriend's iPhone5. What a disaster. All these new features and enhancements are stolen, sorry, borrowed from everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    donemt and Lalabum like this.
    09-18-14 01:51 AM
    Got iOS8 onto my girlfriend's iPhone5. What a disaster. All these new features and enhancements are stolen, sorry, borrowed from everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know. I feel like by this point in the smartphone game, who can really remember what feature originated where, or who created it? I'm sure there are people who keep score on these issues, but I think it's missing the point.

I think that ultimately what we want is for the OS, and the phone, that we use to have the features we want, right? Whether BlackBerry created toast notifications or Apple originated the concept that became the Hub is irrelevant to me.

Granted, there is such a thing as patent infringement (Typo, I'm looking at you) but for the most part these things seem not to fall under that category.

But I would hate it if there was some awesome, must-have feature in iOS8, and it would never be coming to BB10 because of pride or something.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 02:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol, because Blackberry have invented something ? All these new features you love on your BlackBerry have been borrowed too.

Posted via my Q10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    09-18-14 02:29 AM
    Downloaded iOS8 today for my work phone. Nothing special.

Posted via CB10
    iOS > BB10

Posted via CB10
    ...And all those features existed on WebOS, Android, and the iOS Jailbreak community before Blackberry 10 was even in creation.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-18-14 02:35 AM
    Hey All,

With Apple's launch of iOS 8 today, I was wondering if BB (with its focus on productivity) will implement interactive notifications in 10.3?
    What exactly do you mean with interactive notifications? I don't recognize them on my Q10 actively. Maybe I am so used to them, that I don't recognize them anymore, but still...?
    09-18-14 02:45 AM
    What exactly do you mean with interactive notifications? I don't recognize them on my Q10 actively. Maybe I am so used to them, that I don't recognize them anymore, but still...?
    I think they're talking about "toast notifications" or "instant previews". You can find them under Settings, Notifications, Instant Previews. When you receive a text, or email or what-have-you, a banner pops up on the screen with a preview of the message, and if you tap the banner you can reply without ever leaving whatever app you are currently in.

Posted via CB10
    Zac_AUS likes this.
    09-18-14 02:53 AM
    Never knew this. Awesome, thanks for sharing!
    09-18-14 02:59 AM
    I think we got toast notifications with 10.2 already, but I am not sure. However I know for sure I've been using this feature at least since very early of this year, so we already have it since quite a while.
    Works like a charm btw, very convenient.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 03:06 AM
    iOS > BB10

Yeah. Okay.

...And all those features existed on WebOS, Android, and the iOS Jailbreak community before Blackberry 10 was even in creation.
    Perhaps I should explain what I meant. IOS just gave a huge upgrade to their fans by giving them many little things that many other platforms had for a long time. I never even said anything about BB10. They took a lot of features from other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    zymenth and damien kupuku like this.
    09-18-14 04:57 AM
    Lol, because Blackberry have invented something ? All these new features you love on your BlackBerry have been borrowed too.

Posted via my Q10
    Where did I mention BB10 in my post? The point I'd like to make is iOS is still catching up to many platforms. They are slowly adding the things unique to other platforms and calling it revolutionary. I don't see anything special. That's all.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 05:07 AM
    Where did I mention BB10 in my post? The point I'd like to make is iOS is still catching up to many platforms. They are slowly adding the things unique to other platforms and calling it revolutionary. I don't see anything special. That's all.

Posted via CB10
    You should get used to that, Android does that and even BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 08:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    As did BlackBerry. As did Samsung. Also each one has its own unique stuff too. This is the most pathetic argument I've heard. You're like FOX news
    1magine and Velocitymj like this.
    09-18-14 09:07 AM
    My opinion is IOS has won the battle! They have created better phones and better software

Well done apple, expect a new customer in 2015

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog and Nolan Ryan like this.
    09-18-14 09:52 AM
    Ironically, Apple executed better this feature, you can reply Twitter mentions, Facebook chats, etc.

BlackBerry's instant previews don't even support social apps beside bbm and whatsapp >_>

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj and Rello like this.
    09-18-14 10:26 AM
    I don't know. I feel like by this point in the smartphone game, who can really remember what feature originated where, or who created it? I'm sure there are people who keep score on these issues, but I think it's missing the point.

I think that ultimately what we want is for the OS, and the phone, that we use to have the features we want, right? Whether BlackBerry created toast notifications or Apple originated the concept that became the Hub is irrelevant to me.

Granted, there is such a thing as patent infringement (Typo, I'm looking at you) but for the most part these things seem not to fall under that category.

But I would hate it if there was some awesome, must-have feature in iOS8, and it would never be coming to BB10 because of pride or something.

Posted via CB10
    So whats the next big thing? Because moving forward before others has always been what seperate cell phone companys. BlackBerry has once been the next big thing, iphone has filled those shoes in the past and so has Android. Whats going to be that next "thing" that pushes one particular brand above others?
    09-18-14 10:38 AM
    Read something on one of the websights that says that IOS8 has encryption that even apple cannot break? And in doing so, they cannot turn over any info to NSA. I wonder how Blackberry does this too?
    09-18-14 11:00 AM
    Read something on one of the websights that says that IOS8 has encryption that even apple cannot break? And in doing so, they cannot turn over any info to NSA. I wonder how Blackberry does this too?
    Post Link?

& Device encryption? Unless I'm mistaken, so does bb10.. probably better than ios8. Ios device encryption weak point is the lockscreen & 4digit passcode, is it not? I don't have an iphone in front of me right now, apologies if I'm wrong.

Edit :
    ?Unlike our competitors, Apple cannot bypass your pass code and therefore cannot access this data,? Apple said on its website. ?So it?s not technically feasible for us to respond to government warrants for the extraction of this data from devices in their possession running iOS 8.?

"However, although Apple users will be happy to know their information is better protected than ever, forgetting a password could prove to be an even greater nightmare than any government intrusion of privacy.

According to Apple officials, users who forget their pass codes with the new iOS 8 operating system will not be able to recover them by contacting the company.

In order to access their phones, customers would first be required to remove all data collected on their iPhones and iPads. "

Sounds like iBlackBerry lolol. Sooo, does that^ imply that apple was able to circumvent your device encryption before ios8? Lolz
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 09-18-14 at 11:47 AM.
    09-18-14 11:27 AM
    Got iOS 8 on my iPod today to see what the fuss was about and it crashed and restarted at least 3 times.

Finally got it working normally but don't really see anything much different that I'd actually use, only really the 'toast like' notifications

But I don't use my iPod much anymore and ios8 hasn't changed that at all.

Posted via CB10
    Zac_AUS and damien kupuku like this.
    09-18-14 11:28 AM
    iOS 8 will work better on the iPhone 6 than on prior model devices as its build for it. That not withstanding, while new features are not revolutionary to BlackBerry and Android users, etc. They may be revolutionary to Apple users and that's what matters. You can tell an Apple/iPhone user all day long that BlackBerry had NFC first or Instant Action first. iPhone users simply don't care, they just see an improved iPhone. Bash me for this all you want: I've had BlackBerry since 7120, Pearls, Sliders, Torches, Tours, Bolds, Z10, Q10, and Z30. I will be trying the iPhone 6 tomorrow because the crappy battery was really all that was holding me back. Fingers crossed 2100mAh gets me through a day. If not I can come back. It's phones people...

Posted with my White Q10 until 9/19/14
    09-18-14 11:41 AM
    Ironically, Apple executed better this feature, you can reply Twitter mentions, Facebook chats, etc.
    Posted via CB10
    As always, good copy add something good for to be better... and not be copy only..

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 11:49 AM
    My Co worker was loving the predictive text on our work issued iphones, and I said to him big deal blackberry and android had it for almost two years now, kinda knocked the wind out of his sails lol.

Nothing new if your. A user of other platforms, if your straight apple, then yeah it must feel pretty nice to get caught up to the other companies.........finally in some ways.
    09-18-14 11:50 AM
83 123 ...