Hi all. I have my BlackBerry Q10 paired with the Bluetooth handsfree system in my car, a 2013 Acura RDX, and have the intermittent problem of the other person not being able to hear me, although I can hear them perfectly fine. This has happened both at the beginning of a call and in the middle of a call and it's happened with both incoming and outgoing calls. Turning the ignition off and then back on is the only thing that appears to solve the problem.

This is what I've been able to rule out:

It's not a connection problem or a signal issue as it has happened with a strong signal, with the car parked, and without me having any problem hearing the other person.

It is not a microphone issue as I have no trouble using the voice dial and, again, when I turn the ignition off and back on again, the person I'm calling has no trouble hearing me.

It is not a volume or a mute button issue on either the phone or the car as, again, it sometimes happens in the middle of a call, with the car parked, and with the phone in its holster. Also, when the problem occurs, the other person does not hear anything at all.

When the problem happens, I've hung up and re-dialed and that does not fix it, nor does the other person re-dialing me. Turning the ignition off and then back on is the only thing that fixes it and it fixes it without anything else being touched on either the car's system or the phone.

I deleted the phone from the car's Bluetooth system and then re-paired them and that seemed to fix the problem as I didn't have the issue occur for three weeks, but it's resurfaced. It's possible that it is a problem with the car's handsfree system but I tend to think the problem is with the phone as it never occurred until I got the Q10.

Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks!
    09-23-13 07:50 PM
    I have the same issue with my Ford SYNC System. I've hooked my personal phone to it and had zero issues. Hook my Q10 to it and it does everthing you've mentioned. I think it's something with the phone. Just not sure what
    yangster1 likes this.
    09-23-13 08:13 PM