Just thought I'd share. I installed a new keyboard onto my Q10 because the double type was driving me insane. Installation wasn't too difficult after seeing a youtube tutorial. I feel like I just gave my Q10 new life. I love Blackberry keyboard. Pure perfection.
    07-19-16 02:33 AM
    glad you solved a really bad problem. too bad with all the money you spent on the device, you had to make a swap of hardware. Poor quality control i guess.
    Johan_Mcl likes this.
    07-19-16 06:19 AM
    glad you solved a really bad problem. too bad with all the money you spent on the device, you had to make a swap of hardware. Poor quality control i guess.
    It's not really a matter of quality control. All keyboards will eventually need replacing because of keyboard bounce.

The way one types (speed, strength, etc) can exacerbate the problem and quicken the degradation.
    07-19-16 07:49 AM
    It's not really a matter of quality control. All keyboards will eventually need replacing because of keyboard bounce.

The way one types (speed, strength, etc) can exacerbate the problem and quicken the degradation.
    I'd also imagine there is a fair bit of dust particles and general 'crud' that gets between the keys too. This builds up and can definitely impact performance too.
    07-19-16 08:23 AM
    Glad your problem is fixed!

Changing keyboards on the Q10 and previously the 99xx platforms is the accepted norm for keyboard issues of this "era" of phones.

Q10 SQN100-2 10.3.2.2813 / 9930 7.1.0.1066
    07-19-16 09:09 AM
    Any suggestions on a particular eBay seller who sells the OEM keyboards that I can purchase?

I am finding all kinds of none OEM ones on eBay.

The letter "a" is sometimes hard to register and requires lots of effort or multiple tries.

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    Last edited by Jamaa; 07-19-16 at 11:29 AM.
    07-19-16 11:13 AM
    Glad to hear you all got the fault sorted. I am not going to bother. What with keyboard issues, update issues and problems with Blend this isn't worth the bother. Glad to be moving to a different platform after 6 years....why did I take so long !!!!!
    07-19-16 01:16 PM
    @johan glad you're sorted for your e's and wizz. Happy with my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 02:08 PM
    @jamaa in the search bar I typed in BlackBerry Q10 OEM keyboard. It came with "free" tools that all worked.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 02:08 PM
    Glad to hear you all got the fault sorted. I am not going to bother. What with keyboard issues, update issues and problems with Blend this isn't worth the bother. Glad to be moving to a different platform after 6 years....why did I take so long !!!!!
    Other platforms don't even have Blend.

What update issues are you referring to?
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    07-19-16 02:09 PM
    @jamaa in the search bar I typed in BlackBerry Q10 OEM keyboard. It came with "free" tools that all worked.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I see lots of those on ebay. Do you know the seller ID?

The ones with tools mostly seem to be coming from China.

The parts are probably made in China originally so I guess the quality will be the same as OEM anyways huh?

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    07-19-16 02:19 PM

Agreed. Had one Q10 that had double type from day one. Interchanged with ATT and recieved a refurb(thank you). Phone is great. Bought a second from EBAY seller. Again great. Am a slow typist.
    07-19-16 05:26 PM
    Glad to hear it worked out for you! It is really the best solution - quick, efficient and solves the problem until, if you are like many of us, you wear out the keyboard again.

Just consigned one Q to the eternal parts bin, broke another out of the inventory. Shocked to see it develop double typing within a day or two. So, yes, I do think there are quality control issues. Nonetheless, the phone is the best for my needs. Taking the hint from the "karmic nexus" I consigned the new one to the parts bin and broke out another. At this rate, I may have restock inventory!
    07-19-16 11:58 PM
    Had the same issue before. What I did was peed on it. DT fixed!

#truestory
    07-21-16 11:33 AM
    With the launch of BlackBerry 10 being January 30th, 2013... HOW did it take you so long? That's 3 years by my count.

I'm going to have to assume that you are referring to using a 'BlackBerry' device as what you've been doing for 6 years. It has to be considered that even BlackBerry themselves have been on 3 different 'platforms' in that time.

Anyway, I hope you find some happiness by solving some problems by exchanging them for other problems. It's a common way that people deal with the challenges life throws at them. Gotta keep moving any which way you need to.

To the OP, I'm very glad you were able to solve your own problem! I am a full supporter of maintaining/repairing technology rather than disposing of it. Not only do you get to enjoy your Q's new life, you are also helping us be more sustainable!
    playfoot likes this.
    07-21-16 11:47 AM
    Didn't the newest software upgrades fix the double typing issues for most people? You don't hear about double typing problems with the Q10 as much anymore.

Posted via Q10
    07-22-16 06:43 AM
    Just thought I'd share. I installed a new keyboard onto my Q10 because the double type was driving me insane. Installation wasn't too difficult after seeing a youtube tutorial. I feel like I just gave my Q10 new life. I love Blackberry keyboard. Pure perfection.
    Rather unfortunate. I bought my Q10 second hand and it had received a good beating but then up I upgraded via OTA update, the issue was dead gone. Blackberry found a way to detect double typing of the keyboard in the software. So just in case you didn't update before changing our keyboard, I'd recommend you do that in addition.
    07-28-16 10:20 AM