Hey all,

Inaugural post on my brand spanking new Q10, so far the performance is off the charts but I have lost some functionality (read:apps) which is tragic!

Onto the point at hand - I am looking for a podcast app similar to the one I had on my Torch 9800, I've downloaded the episodes and want to import them into a podcast app to listen to on my Q10 but they all want me to just re-add them but not the whole cataloge just the last 10 episodes and that's the problem - I just want to import the ones I already have!

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:45 AM
    You might be a little boned.

You could try sideloading BeyondPod from the Android market, re-sub to your Podcasts and then copy/paste the MP3s into the file structure created by BeyondPod on your device. That MIGHT work but I can't guarantee. If you're using a microSD to store your podcasts on then BeyondPod won't work for you.

I've been using "Podcast" ($2.99 on Appworld) and re-downloaded everything. The podcasts I couldn't re-download I manually grabbed and threw into the 'Music' folder on my BB. It's a little awkward but it works.

I've suggested to the guy who build "Podcast" have a method to manually import Podcasts when you've got a big backlog and the RSS feed doesn't go far enough back. He thought it was a good suggestion but who knows if he'll add it to the App.

One other downside with the app is you can't automatically get a playlist of oldest to newest. You have to manually queue them up into a playlist. Again I suggested he add it to his App but who knows.

Other than that Nobex might work for you. I didn't give it much of a look though.
    05-02-13 12:40 PM
    Thanx for the ideas, I'll see what happens when I try to add the files on my sd card to the folders...stay tuned!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:16 PM
    In my experience (none BB) podcast apps won't recognize the MP3 files you already have saved unless you had a "back up" of the file that tells the actual podcast app what was there. I have backed up and wiped or switched many webOS devices, and every time I have to use the backup program to reload the XML to the podcast software so it knows what is actually on the device and the state of those episodes being played.

Thus I think the only two possibilities are those that Fizi gave, either redownload, or play with music player.
    05-03-13 01:02 PM
    That was my eventual conclusion as well :s

Thanx anyways, just needed confirmation to what I had already suspected...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 06:31 AM
    Well I am officially fed up with the absolute and total lack of a decent podcast player/reader

I have spent the better part of the morning downloading/installing/sideloading podcasts apps and NONE OF THEM WORK!!!!!

The android ones will let you use pre-downloaded ones and auto download new episodes but won't read the sd card so you use all your precious device memory while your mega big sd card stays empty

The BB ones require you to search and (if you're lucky to find and) download episodes again then save them to your sd card but won't auto download new episodes and gives them nonsense names so you don't actually know what you've downloaded so backing up is a nightmare

Listening to them in my music player is a way to listen but it still lacks the update and auto-download feature - I just want someone who actually uses podcasts to build one that works not just on the shiny new Z10 or playbook but on the BB red-headed step child the Q10

am I asking for too much?
    FOIA Gras likes this.
    06-06-13 07:57 AM
    I thought there was a third party app called Podcasts that worked native?. The writer has been on these forums.

Composed more quickly and accurately on my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-06-13 08:30 AM
    I thought there was a third party app called Podcasts that worked native?. The writer has been on these forums.

Composed more quickly and accurately on my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I had that and it only downloaded new episodes when I told it to and I had to select each new one.

As I only follow 3 I will just have to use the browser, and download from the site, but what a PITA! I really do love my new Q10 but sometimes I miss my old torch!

Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:17 AM
    Oh also wanted to add as all the podcasts I follow download as MP3s I am still in the dark about why none of the podcast apps allow you to add direct to a Podcast folder...sometime technology is just stupid!

06-06-13 10:20 AM
    Sideload BeyondPod.

Works great and here is how you tell it to save to your microSD: 3.1.24 bugs for Blackberry 10

I used '/sdcard/external_sd' as my path on my Q10.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    06-06-13 12:43 PM
    yah podcasting on q10 is tough. I stopped podcasts long ago tho. I miss it.
    06-06-13 12:56 PM
    Sideload BeyondPod.

Works great and here is how you tell it to save to your microSD: 3.1.24 bugs for Blackberry 10

YOU STAR!!!!

I still have the bar file on my laptop, I'll reload it and try out those instructions - Stay Tuned!

OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    06-06-13 12:58 PM
    Sideload BeyondPod.

Thanks for the info, this is helping ease one of my fears of getting this phone when it finally launches.
    06-06-13 04:29 PM
    I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!!!! It says it reads the sdcard, it says it reads MP3s, it says it imports from a file....so why the bloody hell is it not reading my mp3 podcast files?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I officially give up
    06-07-13 03:30 AM
    wish I could help trouble shoot, device one't even released yet...
    06-07-13 12:14 PM