Double typing issue showed up after I bought my second Q10 (gifted the first one after 2 years of use). Replaced the keypad myself and back to business.

My screen cracked a couple weeks back. Ordered a new screen and replaced it.

Just so that I don't have to shelf my phone for weeks next time, I ordered couple more screens and keypads.

I'm not going to let it die on me!

Q10 \m/
    05-02-16 06:49 PM
    You do realize that you can buy used Q10s on Ebay for $110 to $160 CDN? At that price, the Q10 is disposable. Just make sure that you do weekly backups and you can restore your information onto the new phone.
    One of the fortunate aspects of BB10s lack of popularity is that used Blackberry phones are very affordable. Passports go for $340 CDN. Z30s are $170 CDN.
    05-02-16 09:33 PM
    I just got a mint q10 verizon for $90 on ebay last week.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 09:38 PM
    You do realize that you can buy used Q10s on Ebay for $110 to $160 CDN? At that price, the Q10 is disposable. Just make sure that you do weekly backups and you can restore your information onto the new phone.
    One of the fortunate aspects of BB10s lack of popularity is that used Blackberry phones are very affordable. Passports go for $340 CDN. Z30s are $170 CDN.
    Agree. I bought my replacement screen for only $10. Not a bad deal over used phones I guess.

Q10 \m/
    05-02-16 10:55 PM
    I had that bright idea too and accidentally bought a non-unlockable Q10 from ebay, fortunately vendor politely refunded and I get to try again as I want a backup of that one. It is my favorite even over the Classic which I also love.

Q10 should have been what I bought first, or at least long ago.

The popularity of the Bold was big functionality, small size. Q10 does that with BB10. People won't really know they want it til they hold one in their hand. Big potential advertising point.
    xKingHopy likes this.
    05-02-16 11:14 PM
    I've tried Q10 for about a year. Sold it (due to DT). Hold a Z30 now. Never ever tried legacy device before. I'm gonna try that next--a Bold 9900/9930. Hope it won't disappoint.
    05-03-16 03:48 PM
    Double typing issue showed up after I bought my second Q10 (gifted the first one after 2 years of use). Replaced the keypad myself and back to business.

My screen cracked a couple weeks back. Ordered a new screen and replaced it.

Just so that I don't have to shelf my phone for weeks next time, I ordered couple more screens and keypads.

I'm not going to let it die on me!

Q10 \m/
    I recently replaced the keyboard and screen on my Q10 and figured while I had it apart I might as well switch out the frame for a silver one.

I love this phone!

I'm not letting my Q10 Die-wp_20160213_004.jpg
    I'm not letting my Q10 Die-wp_20160213_003.jpg
    05-03-16 05:44 PM
    I recently replaced the keyboard and screen on my Q10 and figured while I had it apart I might as well switch out the frame for a silver one.

I love this phone!
    So gorgeous!

posted via my Blueberry
    05-03-16 07:01 PM
    Your tough on gear.my Q has been dropped a 100 times with only a cheap silicone case and not a scratch. Never had a double typing issue ever.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 09:38 AM
    Your tough on gear.my Q has been dropped a 100 times with only a cheap silicone case and not a scratch. Never had a double typing issue ever.

Posted via CB10
    It will. Soon. It happens at least once with all Q10. Believe it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 09:59 AM
    It will. Soon. It happens at least once with all Q10. Believe it.

Posted via CB10
    That's not true. My gf Q10 in 2 years and half had never double typing issue! Unless she bought a new Q10... Lol!! Not all the Q10 showed this problem mate. My first one had it after 1 year and half. Replaced the keyboard on my own and solved the problem... and we have at home another Q10...took it second hand. 2 years, never a problem of DT.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 10:48 AM
    That's not true. My gf Q10 in 2 years and half had never double typing issue! Unless she bought a new Q10... Lol!! Not all the Q10 showed this problem mate. My first one had it after 1 year and half. Replaced the keyboard on my own and solved the problem... and we have at home another Q10...took it second hand. 2 years, never a problem of DT.

Posted via CB10
    Good for her (unless of course, as you said, she didn't tell you she bought a new one. Lol). And the 2nd hand phone, also good--unless you didn't know the previous owner had DT and replaced the keyboard before you bought it. Otherwise, great!
    05-04-16 11:05 AM
    I pre-ordered my q10, and never had a double typing issue. The only thing that stopped working was the vibrate at 1 year, and I just went without. (I didn't know how easy it was to fix!) Then a week before the Priv launch, it slipped out of a shirt pocket screen first on gravel and shattered it. So I ordered a Priv and a new screen and I use it almost daily for a camera and email. Works just as good or better than brand new!
    05-06-16 12:04 AM
    I sold two other Q10 devices due to the annoying double typing problem. I finally got one that doesn't double type!!!!! and I love this phone.

I purchased it a couple days ago from ebay. Make sure you get a refurbished one, that was tested!. I also purchased a keypad from ebay just in case the double typing happens again!. I love this Q10 the keypad feels like heaven on my fingers!.

And I have 3 other phones as well, a Google Nexus (love it) as well. The iphone 5+ is just to Damn slow though.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 08:15 AM
    I bought used Q10 and got double-typing issue several months later. But I patiently used it with prediction showed. The DT was like on/off after updating OS but now it's gone like magic.

Now I'm using Q10 about 16 month already and really feel satisfied except for the OS development right now.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 09:08 AM