Well say my first AT&T Q10 today. All the AT&T stores in the county are owned by the same people and I stopped at one today while waiting on the wife and to my surprise when I asked if they had a Q10 he said yes we have a real one on the wall. Trouble was it was dead. Next interesting part other then the display they only got one in. Now they did sell it so somebody around is sporting a new Q10 but how can anybody else get one? Sad this is the way blackberry is being marketed in our area. Need to find something for my wife since her 9800 is really on it's last leg and we might have walked out with a new Q10 if they even had them. Daughter is showing off her new S4 and that might just be enough to get the wife to decide she could live without a real keyboard. Hope we see Blackberry turn this mess around before it pulls them under
    goon66 likes this.
    07-12-13 05:38 PM
    My teenage boy has the S4. If your wife loves customizing and apps then it might be the phone for her. If she relies on the phone primarily for communication then I'd say the BlackBerry is for her. My signal strength is almost always stronger on my Zed than my son's S4 and the hub really is more efficient.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:11 PM
    don't blame blackberry. I was able to walk into an att store and buy my Q10 no problem. and the other att stores around have them in stock and working demo units. did you go into a real AT&T store or an "authorized retailer"? major difference.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:34 PM
    I understand your frustration and how it will hurt sales if the stores don't have them in stock.

As far as your particular situation, if you wife wants a Q10, then just order it from the AT&T website.
    07-13-13 05:15 AM
    I understand your frustration and how it will hurt sales if the stores don't have them in stock.

As far as your particular situation, if you wife wants a Q10, then just order it from the AT&T website.
    or just go to another store.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 05:34 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today in Long Island, NY and they had none in stock. I was also told that none have been sold yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 05:39 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today in Long Island, NY and they had none in stock. I was also told that none have been sold yet.

Posted via CB10
    well how can they be sold when they're not in stock? I think it's a regional thing. around me they're in stock in every verizon and att store around

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:14 AM
    Not all stores will carry a large inventory of devices that don't sell in that particular area. I have stores in my area that are loaded with blackberry devices and have a nice display! A few miles away in the mall same company only carry a few but the have a ton of prepaid devices on display.

This is normal for any retail location no matter what they sell!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:40 AM
    don't blame blackberry. Posted via CB10
    NEVER blame BlackBerry. Blame everyone else.
    07-14-13 07:48 AM
    The launch in the US just seems like a total joke!

They better get it together for future launches!!
    07-14-13 07:54 AM
    This 1st part is off topic, but relative to BlackBerry sales in retail storesMany stores set up the displays in a very specific manner. The items against the wall are organized by what's likely to sell best, hot ticket items, color, feature set, etc.. Believe it or not, there's a freaking science to setting up displays. And the big, main displays are vendor displays. Samsung & Apple will pay stores & send them the materials (sometimes a guy to set it up for you) to set up the display how they want it, where they want it. So when you notice the Q10 not on, or not receiving much love, sometimes its b/c the store doesn't feel like its the top item, sometimes its b/c they didn't get enough money for advertising, its a mixture of things. They place it in the back where its less noticeable. With the iPhone directly in your line of vision.

Also, I know you didn't mention it, but we all run into them: salesmen. We have to remember, they are just that, salesmen. They want to make their commission (even if they don't work on commission, their sales are recorded for stats) So many times, they will try to sell you what's most likely to move. An iPhone or Galaxy device. Not the new kid on the block that you may or may not be interested in.

Your store may have deemed the Q10 to be not-so-popular and they're not trying to push it.. maybe I just overthought the whole post & they simply got a dead model and haven't gotten a replacement yet!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-14-13 08:15 AM
    Where I live I'm in the corner where 3 countys meet, Not one of them has a corp ATT store. The nearest one they had was always packed from open to close but they closed it 6 years ago. The store I was talking about is the largest chain in the 3 countys. None of the smaller retailers are going to carry them but I did find out yesterday Radio Shack is going to get them so that might help
    07-14-13 10:30 AM
    The store in my area (Bay Area) had some in stock, but certainly weren't pushing them. In fact, the rep was confused and baffled when I told him what I wanted to replace my S4 with.

If you can't find them in stock in your area, why not just buy it from the carrier online? Also, sometimes you can find a better deal through one of the third parties like Amazon or Wirefly. For example... Wirefly is selling the Z10 for $19 and the Q10 for $99 (for Verizon).

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 01:07 PM
    In the Bay Area also, one of those days I should of called (at&t) instead of driving to 3 different stores. It's one of those days you sign in and wait for half an hour and try the different phones.

Everyone knew what they want- a Droid or iPhone. Blackberry!?!? The vibe wasn't there along with the Microsoft phones! At least Microsoft had a rep. demoing their products while Z10/Q10 were buried away! Blackberry really screwed up in the past 2+ years and now with BB10, they need to spend some serious $$$ to get noticed.

I'm happy with the Q10, and I see it has a lot potential but lack the cool factor for new customers.
    07-14-13 04:50 PM