A lot of current users like their current BB Curve's. They like the model with the chicklet keys. What would you think of a Curve with chicklet keys the same size as the 9900 running BB 10 but without some of the bells and whistles ? Keep the track pad and image but keep features like no home button and "flow".

would look like the white prototype:

http://n4bb.com/wp-content/uploads/2...0-R-series.png
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    02-16-13 07:10 PM
    They definitely shouldn't make anything that doesn't perform extremely well or have poor screen resolution. It's time to create a new image of blackberry not disturb it with cheap products. I'd say have the z10 and the q10 and maybe a perfected slider
    SK122387 and Bbnivende like this.
    02-16-13 09:02 PM
    I think we will see a cheaper curve option soon since Blackberry said they would release around 6 Blackberry 10 devices by the end of 2013. Plus I'm kind of hoping for a cheap curve.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    02-16-13 09:45 PM
    I expect the first bb10 curve will be more of an upper end curve model (9360 rather than a 9320) and as far as the software will actually be bb10 rather than a lite version since the latter would hurt the perception of bb10 overall, the challenge for them will be which areas can they safely cut the specs to hit that lower price point without harming the experience.
    02-17-13 04:48 AM
    BB10 is already pretty "lite". I don't know what they could remove without sacrificing core functionality.

I don't think we'll be seeing any dirt-cheap curves, so I wouldn't be interested in one that's only $50-$100 less than a Q10.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    02-17-13 08:10 AM
    People actually LIKE those curve keys?!
    02-17-13 02:03 PM
    People actually LIKE those curve keys?!
    Of course people do! Those little curve keys curve keys are what started many peoples blackberry addictions in the first place.
    SK122387 likes this.
    02-17-13 02:38 PM
    I actually prefer those curve keys. They make the experience better for people with fat fingers ans they have space between them.
    I think we will see Curves with 1 GB RAM's and 1ghz Dual Core CPU's considering the shift in technical hardware.
    FantomLightning likes this.
    02-17-13 03:11 PM
    Curve keys are better than bold keys
    02-17-13 07:47 PM
    I fell in love with the BlackBerry keyboard when I got my 8800. It was a similar style to the Bold keyboards, without the frets. I did really like my Curve 8320 and 8900 keys, and I could really type jsut as quickly on them. It's just a matter of personal preference. I eventually decided that the Bold style keys were what I liked, because I could type quickly and relatively quietly. The Curves always had really clicky keyboards, but I'd still take a Curve 9310 or 9360 over an Android or iPhone any day.

I think there is still a market for a Curve style device... a midrange qwerty device. I just don't know how BB10 would play out on it, unless the device had a touchscreen similar to the Q10. Then BlackBerry would be back to one of their original problems...too many devices that are similar...but different enough that it makes developing apps for each device difficult.

I think this BB10 lite idea is interesting, because for much of Indonesia and South America, the Curve line is what sells...the cheapened BlackBerry experience (but people still love it because of the keyboard or BBM not eating into their data plans). But with the cheaper iPhone supposedly coming out and the phasing out or waning people off of BIS within the next few years, BlackBerry will have to do something. If it's really the keyboards that people in those regions love so much, they'll have to consider a qwerty device with BB10 in the future. But if the cheaper iPhone takes off in these regions indicating that people are into touchscreen phones and are ready to move away from the qwerty keyboard, I could BlackBerry licensing BB10 to a company that currently makes Android handsets, so people could still have BB10 and BBM, and it would be better for BlackBerry financially.

Then again, if the people in those other regions are like most BlackBerry enthusiasts, they'll want the whole BlackBerry experience...software AND hardware...and BlackBerry will have to come out with a touchscreen BB10 phone with a great keyboard, that won't lose them money...
    02-17-13 11:09 PM
    Curve keys are better than bold keys
    I agree
    02-17-13 11:30 PM
    I don't know that it makes sense to strip parts of the OS out to save some money. Pretty soon you end up with severe fragmentation like you have with android. And really how much money can be saved? I say run a full bb10 version on budget hardware.
    bER1Nry likes this.
    02-18-13 08:36 AM
    nope im sorry I would never return to a curve. I had a 9360 once and it was terrible. Im sure it suites some peoples needs. but the loose track pad. glitching, slow software has made me go bold and ill never go low end again. Now i know price wise its not for everyone. but if you can afford the Q10 GO FOR ITTTT!!
    02-20-13 02:12 PM