Just thought I'd toss this in.

I'm a guy. I'm not a dev. I'm not gay. Deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    I like you ;P

I'm a guy Dev. Deal with it.
    08-05-13 09:57 PM
    I entered and won a meeting with an expert in my industry. As I am retired now I really don't have an industry so I politely declined, saying it would be best used by someone else. Still, about 24 hours after I signed up I won something!
    Give it to me

08-05-13 09:59 PM
    Please let me win!!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:00 PM
    I just got a BBM saying I won! Although I'm a little skeptical since the BBM address is blackberry keyboardlovered...not sure if I added an "ed" by mistake, but the pins keep changing on the website. Guess I'll wait and see if legal does end up contacting me
    I won a Q10 from BlackBerry Keys to the City-img_00000004.png
    I won a Q10 from BlackBerry Keys to the City-img_00000005.png

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 01:02 PM
    I just got a BBM saying I won! Although I'm a little skeptical since the BBM address is blackberry keyboardlovered...not sure if I added an "ed" by mistake, but the pins keep changing on the website. Guess I'll wait and see if legal does end up contacting me
    Posted via CB10
    I noticed the changing PIN's as well, i'm guessing they're creating separate pools of people to draw from... i've added the new ones to try to increase my chances!
    hshieh5555 and 00stryder like this.
    08-07-13 01:14 PM
    Just received the W2 notification form. I've taken out part of the ph# and email address.

Congratulations! You have won a prize in the BlackBerry ?Keys to the City? Sweepstakes. Your prize is a Q10 BlackBerry Smartphone valued at $600. Prize does not include service or accessories. You must indicate which carrier you will be activating the Prize on and the Prize will be for that specific carrier only.

In order to receive your prize, you will need to fill out and return the attached Affidavit of Eligibility and page one of the attached IRS W-9 form. Please return both documents either by email to blackberryprize@ OR by fax to 5407 OR by U.S. mail to the address below. This document must be returned within 7 days, or an alternate winner will be awarded the prize.

We look forward to receiving your completed documents. Enjoy your prize.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:03 PM
    Just received the W2 notification form. I've taken out part of the ph# and email address.

Congratulations! You have won a prize in the BlackBerry ?Keys to the City? Sweepstakes. Your prize is a Q10 BlackBerry Smartphone valued at $600. Prize does not include service or accessories. You must indicate which carrier you will be activating the Prize on and the Prize will be for that specific carrier only.

In order to receive your prize, you will need to fill out and return the attached Affidavit of Eligibility and page one of the attached IRS W-9 form. Please return both documents either by email to blackberryprize@ OR by fax to 5407 OR by U.S. mail to the address below. This document must be returned within 7 days, or an alternate winner will be awarded the prize.

We look forward to receiving your completed documents. Enjoy your prize.

Posted via CB10
    Out of curiousity do you know if the return email address is a valid BlackBerry email? Kinda weary sending my SSN and such on the w-9.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:09 PM
    @hshieh5555 actually it isn't. I know what you mean. Here is a excerpt from the webpage. I don't mean to be so cryptic, just don't want to be the one putting out to much info.

( deleted company name) has served the marketing community in the development and execution of chance promotion programs for the last 24 years. We have developed and managed thousands of sweepstakes, games and contests covering hundreds of categories and involving the production of over 4 billion games pieces.

Their webpage says their clients are
    Nissan
    Perdue
    Tysons Food
    Lexus
    Toyota
    Liberty Mutual
    BP (gas & oil)
    The company does appear to be a third party clearinghouse of some sort.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:33 PM
    Each pin is connected to a device. Presumably if you win a device the pin that you bbm is the one you won. Each person you talk to is an actual person. They each have a specific set of broadcasts they must do befor they decide who must win. Each requirements is based on state and what the prize is for cash you need tax info. I'm not sure but I think at least here in california you have to pay taxes on the retail value of the prize.

08-07-13 04:32 PM
    That seems a reasonable assumption to me, as well. Still waiting on the email with paperwork.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:36 PM
    I also just won a Q10 and sent my requested info. Has any of the winners received there Q10 yet?
    08-07-13 05:56 PM
    Just wondering how long did it take you guys to get contacted by the legal team? I got a message saying I won on Sunday but I haven't gotten anything in my e-mail yet.
    08-07-13 06:20 PM
    Just wondering how long did it take you guys to get contacted by the legal team? I got a message saying I won on Sunday but I haven't gotten anything in my e-mail yet.
    NM I just found it in my junk today. BAH.
    08-07-13 06:20 PM
    Me, too!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 06:59 PM
    Just checked my junk mail and sure enough it was there.. printing out now.. whoop whoop...

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:27 PM
    Just got my follow up e-mail (also a Q10 winner). Do you guys know if the affidavit needs to be notarized?
    08-08-13 01:25 AM
    I used pin 2B0533C1 and I got a response I won, sent them my email and got the email today. Its very fishy. So I called blackberry support and they didn't recognize the sweepsteaks. Told them the information about how it looks like its a promotional company, but they didn't recognize the name. They did give me another number to call for blackberry promotions, but its closed already for the day, and they did have me forward the email for them to look into as spam or not. So once I get a strait answer i'll let yall know if its fake or not.
    lui22 likes this.
    08-08-13 01:37 AM
    already have a q10 and tried anyways. doesnt hurt right?
    08-08-13 01:38 AM
    I also just won a Q10 and sent my requested info. Has any of the winners received there Q10 yet?
    Doubt it, I personally don't expect it for another few weeks or so.

Just got my follow up e-mail (also a Q10 winner). Do you guys know if the affidavit needs to be notarized?
    They don't appear to need it notarized but you do need a witness to sign the first form (Word doc.)

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    08-08-13 02:42 AM
    Nice I want to win

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 03:55 PM
    Out of curiousity do you know if the return email address is a valid BlackBerry email? Kinda weary sending my SSN and such on the w-9.
    Don't believe it is a BlackBerry email address, but more likely a sweepstakes company email address.
    @hshieh5555 actually it isn't. I know what you mean. Here is a excerpt from the webpage. I don't mean to be so cryptic, just don't want to be the one putting out to much info. ( deleted company name) has served the marketing community in the development and execution of chance promotion programs for the last 24 years. We have developed and managed thousands of sweepstakes, games and contests covering hundreds of categories and involving the production of over 4 billion games pieces.
    Their webpage says their clients are .... The company does appear to be a third party clearinghouse of some sort.
    Agreed, third party sweepstakes processing company of some sort for sure. I looked them up as well, not much info on them, but the forms are to be mailed back to an address in a different state than their website says is their location, so not sure what is going there.
    The first winners were only notified less than 2 weeks ago, then the follow-up email takes 3 to 5 days, then you have send the completed forms back to them, they have to check and verify them, then next... not sure, but it seems unlikely that anyone would have received anything yet.
    My friends recieved BBMs the first Saturday that they did the drawings and they got follow-up emails the following Tuesday, so it was like 3 or 4 days later. They all sent the forms back the same day over a week ago and have not heard anything since then.
    It just says "witnessed" not "nortarized" but one of my friends had his notarized at his office anyway, guess it couldn't hurt, but seems unnecessary.
    I used pin 2B0533C1 and I got a response I won, sent them my email and got the email today. Its very fishy. So I called blackberry support and they didn't recognize the sweepsteaks. Told them the information about how it looks like its a promotional company, but they didn't recognize the name. They did give me another number to call for blackberry promotions, but its closed already for the day, and they did have me forward the email for them to look into as spam or not. So once I get a strait answer i'll let yall know if its fake or not.
    BB Support would not seem to be the people that would know about such promotions generally I am thinking, but the marketing department, promotions or public relations departments could/might/should/would know you would think. Please let us know what you find out either way.
    93Aero, hshieh5555 and flyingsolid like this.
    08-08-13 05:13 PM
    Yeah I sent the forms back yesterday by email.
    When I called the # the guy who answered the phone after the second ring said once they receive the forms it'll take 2-4 weeks to get the phones.

So I'm going to forget about it for now, and either be pleasantly surprised to find a Q10 in the mail, or horrified when I start getting credit card billing statements for places I've never been or items I never purchased.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 05:36 PM
    I just got off a the phone with the folks off of blackberry. They told me that they didnt know anything about the campaign. That none of the higher ups informed them at the help centre nor at the division about the campaign. He spoke to his manager and his managers manager and none of them knew about it. Not only that they didnt know where the site was. I told them the url and their main concern was that the only link to the actualy blackberry site was the link at the very very bottom of the page.

Then they asked me what type of info i was asked. As soon as i told him that i was asked for my SocialSecurity or Social Insurance card number was asked he stopped me talking at told me that no campaign would ever ask for that. He was fairly alarmed about it.
    08-08-13 11:08 PM
    I just got off a the phone with the folks off of blackberry. They told me that they didnt know anything about the campaign. That none of the higher ups informed them at the help centre nor at the division about the campaign. He spoke to his manager and his managers manager and none of them knew about it. Not only that they didnt know where the site was. I told them the url and their main concern was that the only link to the actualy blackberry site was the link at the very very bottom of the page.

Then they asked me what type of info i was asked. As soon as i told him that i was asked for my SocialSecurity or Social Insurance card number was asked he stopped me talking at told me that no campaign would ever ask for that. He was fairly alarmed about it.
    The SSN is required for the W-9 IRS form. It's required when someone is paid $600 (Q10 is worth $600) or more by a company. They didn't ask for it via BBM or email.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 12:52 AM

Hmm, someone just posted in another thread that they talked to head of marketing for US and they say it is legit. Hope he is right for all that won.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post8980237
    08-09-13 01:09 PM
295 12345 ...