Think how cool would that be? Full Power of Android and additional security features by Blackberry with this nice slick Interface and the Blackberry-keyboard.

Also BBM should look up phone numbers.

Why stand in the past, when the future is so bright?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 12:39 PM
    So do others, as this topic has come up just a few times before.

Who knows... maybe they let the runtime take over and it will provide the UI and the Apps...
    08-20-14 01:13 PM
    No. Rather have other phones adopt BB10.
    HTC, Sony, or Motorola.
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-20-14 01:31 PM
    Windows Phone is fading into well deserved obscurity, but it looks like Microsoft is giving HTC money or support to keep making WP8 phones. Lenovo/Motorola would make sense. But I would like to see BB 10 on the new Samsung 8.4 inch tablet. On that, the Hub would work really well.
    Android on BlackBerry? Ford engine in a Boxster. Nothing wrong with Ford engines, but you wouldn't want one in a Porsche.
    deekshan likes this.
    08-20-14 01:46 PM
    You should buy Android then. BlackBerry 10 OS have its one features what is better then Android, i miss some things from Android but nothing special

Posted via CB10
    Katika99 likes this.
    08-20-14 01:48 PM
    Why? Its just a waste of time to do such a thing. I haven't found one compelling reason to do so and more cons than pros...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Thunderbuck and jd6102 like this.
    08-20-14 01:49 PM
    That will just be like surrendering to the pressure of competition. So I disagree.
    Let each platform stick to their own.
    I don't mind a little twerking like the android runtime we have at the moment but to fully be making android bb phones....no I won't support.
    08-20-14 02:00 PM
    No they shouldn't make anything other than BlackBerry 10. Android seriously sucks and BlackBerry 10 is WAY better than any other OS available.

Enough with the BlackBerry making Android it's OS already, that's such an old way of thinking, like 2012 old.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:14 PM
    Android is the worst OS of them all. There is NO WAY BlackBerry would do such a stupid thing as that. LMAO

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:14 PM
    If BlackBerry was to even consider adopting Android (red headed step child OS) they would have had to do that like 3 years ago. So please, enough with that topic, it's so lame. It makes NO SENSE.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:16 PM
    Couldn't agree with iu more bro u nailed it.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 09:01 PM
    The question is brother why should they especially after now things have started looking up.

Posted via CB10
    jd6102 likes this.
    08-20-14 09:02 PM
    Android is garbage.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 09:27 PM
    Android is garbage.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's fair to say Android is garbage, it's a good OS. I like some of the features. I don't like it well enough to stick with it longer than a month. Well I do like me Nexus 7 tablet. But Samsung's UI is way too busy. HTC's UI is minimal which is nice but to me BB10 is the way to go.

I don't think it's fair to say it's garbage, I know you realize how many people say BlackBerry is garbage. I just like using my phone and watching people look at me crazy. Then they ask me a TON of questions about why I like it or why I'm using this phone when I've used so many others. I really do love the looks I get when I pull my phone out of my pocket. I work in San Francisco, which is heavily iPhone territory.

I've had every iPhone and Galaxy and HTC. I pretty positive I'm back on BlackBerry for good.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-20-14 11:36 PM
    I was given a Galaxy S3 from my father to use. It was still a new phone when I got it. I had high expectations and I actually planned on keeping it as my main phone for a couple years, actually ordering an Otterbox case for it as well. Within a month of using the Galaxy, I actually decided to pay my own money to get out of Android because Android was actually giving me a headache. And I am a broke university student.

The biggest thing that gets me about Android is the closing of apps. You have to hold down on the "home button" to get to task manager, then press the x or swipe the app icon to the side. Then get out of the task manager to get on with your task.

So annoying.

Then there are the Android junk apps that you cannot erase. Yes, I know the whole rooting is possible, but most of the population including myself do not know how to do that.

There is also the lag that comes with Android. For some reason even with the powerful hardware, I get the lag when opening and closing apps after owning the phone for a while.

The mail organization was also junk because of the lack of the unified inbox. I had to rely on the separate widgets on the homescreen for texting, multiple mail accounts, and other messaging apps.

The Android apps would also update without my permission and I would get random notifications every couple days.

And the keyboard. Wow, no matter what keyboard I had installed, it just sucked. Swyping on any screen larger than 4 inch is not fun at all. I wanted my physical keyboard and I was hooked right away when I tried a Q10 at the store.

I honestly hate Android with passion.

But again, I also hate Apple as a company too, so that leaves me with Windows Phone if BlackBerry ever decides to convert to Android.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-21-14 01:54 AM
    'Full power of Android'? What does that mean? The 100's of ugly apps? The bloath-ware?

I like BB10 a lot, I don't need anything from Android. I got all the apps I need in a sleek beautiful qwerty phone.

I also like that BlackBerry isn't the most popular OS. It's nice not to be like the mass, the zombies that all buy the same stuff.

Look at Apple. In the nineties it was a computer for experts, used for audio or image editting. Right now everyone wants an iPhone because they want to Twitter and Whatsapp in style.

I rather use pro stuff, used bij people that want good products and don't care about whats hot at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 07:09 AM
    Android is the stuff made from China you can buy it cheap and all like it and works well for a year or so but BlackBerry and apple are the cell phone which is made precisely with keeping the user interface as simple as they can make it

via, Zeddicted 10
    08-21-14 07:20 AM
    [QUOTE=MarteeNL;10741534]

I like BB10 a lot, I don't need anything from Android. I got all the apps I need in a sleek beautiful qwerty phone.

I also like that BlackBerry isn't the most popular OS. It's nice not to be like the mass, the zombies that all buy the same stuff.

I agree completely, i just like it when people stare at my q10 and ask what is that you have, and things like you do not have a big screen, touchsccreen

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:11 PM