I wasn't quite ready to buy a Q10 since I have only had my Z10 since Verizon launch day. I did want to check it out though, so I stopped at a Verizon store that I don't normally go to (no pressure.....LOL). A salesperson asked if she could help me, but I was curious about how the display was set up. Guess what? There were NO blackberries out for people to look at. There were iphones, Windows phones, countless Android phones, even a display of BASIC phones........but no Z10 and no Q10.

I went to the front counter thinking maybe I had missed the display (????). I asked where the new Q10 was and was told that it was "in the back" but she would go back and get it for me. I kinda lost my sense of humor at that point and headed for the door. How can any Verizon store justify not having ANY Blackberry?

I headed for my regular Verizon store where they actually have the display in the front of the store and employees who, while not exactly PUSHING Blackberry is at least knowledgeable about the product. The display phones work, unlike at a TMOBILE store I was in last week (they had a Q10, but the battery was dead).

I am now the proud owner of a Q10 in addition to my Z10, and I am going to talk them up to everyone I can. These phones have such potential , but how will anyone know if they can't find a (working) device?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 08:08 PM
    i think if it is a corporate store then they have to show it but an "authorized retailer" basically gets to make their own rules
    hannibalmoot likes this.
    06-16-13 08:16 PM
    I love BB but as a business they need to make money and the money is with other devices. Until BB can prove themselves again in the US market, some stores may not display them.
    06-16-13 08:21 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 08:24 PM
    I know you're right, but it just made me a little crazy for a few minutes!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 08:25 PM
    This is the case with every verizon store. Their so caught up on selling the new ******* android device that comes out with everyday that they forget about the real power devices such as the BB10. quad core, octacore, and whatever the next inaccurate specs they try and advertise, the phones are still slow as sh**, look outdated, feel like a frisbee (plastic). Ive said this in another thread, but the lack of knowledge from mobile employees astonishes me. I work 60 hours + a week in my profession, and still know more about THEIR profession than they do. "I was so angry today" should be changed to I am ******* livid at how employees disrespect blackberry, the maker of the first smartphone,the beast of all beasts, and the first phone that was a pop icon. fools
    Elphie123 and rnd0209 like this.
    06-16-13 08:26 PM
    This is the case with every verizon store. Their so caught up on selling the new ******* android device that comes out with everyday that they forget about the real power devices such as the BB10. quad core, octacore, and whatever the next inaccurate specs they try and advertise, the phones are still slow as sh**, look outdated, feel like a frisbee (plastic). Ive said this in another thread, but the lack of knowledge from mobile employees astonishes me. I work 60 hours + a week in my profession, and still know more about THEIR profession than they do. "I was so angry today" should be changed to I am ******* livid at how employees disrespect blackberry, the maker of the first smartphone,the beast of all beasts, and the first phone that was a pop icon. fools
    Man, you take "angry" to the next level. Lol.
    Savior4Life likes this.
    06-16-13 08:34 PM
    Haha I certainly do.. when things are not done the way there supposed to, or sales reps have less knowledge than a monkey about their product their selling, it boils my blood. I'm in sales, I'm an financial advisor.. it would be similar to me investing an elderly 95 year old woman's life savings into a high risk spec stock. It just doesn't make any sense, when there are a plethra of alternatives for the situation

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 08:45 PM
    A few weeks ago when I asked a Best Buy employee why there wasn't a live Z10 out, they said that RIM has to pay Best Buy for that and has not. Does anyone think this is true?
    I am a big BB fan, but when I did find a live Z10, I was unfamiliar with the gestures and with the salesman breathing down my neck wasn't able to figure everything out in just a couple of minutes. I was coming from the PlayBook gestures, which are similar, so how would someone who knows nothing about the gestures decide?
    *THAT* is where advertising comes in. I know it is hugely expensive, but there MUST be adverts that educate and create need! My Z10 is incredible, and (thanks to CB) I am learning cool little tricks weekly, with more to come via software updates. When people handle it, they just love it ..... but how would they know to ask if there is no advertising?
    I do like the one advert where a woman wakes her boss who is on vacation. I think a couple more functions should have been shown off, because screen sharing is only for those who know someone else with a BB they want to share with. Do all of us at CB have to actually write the ads? We have sure thrown enough good ideas out there ....
    06-16-13 09:01 PM
    If Blackberry doesn't make a grand impact on Blackberry stock at the end of this quarter, we know why. Verizon salespeople can talk up an Android Phone and completely bash Blackberry.

I worked as a Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile salesperson. No I did NOT have three different jobs. I worked as a third party retail at a kiosk in Target in NJ. Anytime it came to selling android I would take the opportunity. Yes, over iPhone too. I got a bigger "spiff" (comission) off of it. Blackberry was already dead but I never failed to tell people about their come back. THIS WAS OVER A YEAR AGO.

They look for that comission. By selling one Android Samsung Galaxy S (original) on T-Mobile I received $40. Basic plan.

On AT&T that same week I sold Two iPhone 4S's to a couple. One coming from Verizon, the other from T-Mobile. Family Share Plan, Apple Care, Unlimited minutes, text, 3GB data each device. This gave me a spiff of about $45 for both phones together. Interesting huh?

I found it such a shame when I was at Verizon that the sales person rolled her eyes when I asked for the Q10. Typical salesperson. I always throw a few extra dollars during an upgrade if the salesperson treats me well since they get a spiff off of accessories too. I didn't buy anything extra. Simply for that reason. I left there unsatisfied by the service, satisfied by the device. I'm still overly excited I'm posting off of it right now. Couldn't wait to leave iPhone.

Blackberry won't survive if the spiff isn't right. They won't survive if the sales people don't push those devices to the consumer who is the least knowledgeable of smartphones who's basic smartphone vocabulary starts with iPhone and ends with Galaxy.

Blackberry needs a push and needs to provide incentive.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 09:15 PM
    I want to see Blackberry succeed leaps and bounds above any device out there. I truly do. I Miss the size of Crackberry Nation

Posted via CB10
    Andrew Sheldon likes this.
    06-16-13 09:16 PM
    Spiff is a funny word

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 10:05 PM
    Spiff is a funny word

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 10:12 PM
    Let's start outing these fools on YouTube.
    Andrew Sheldon likes this.
    06-16-13 10:27 PM
    Congrats on your new Q10! Anger is a good motivator sometimes...
    06-16-13 10:59 PM
    I love BB but as a business they need to make money and the money is with other devices. Until BB can prove themselves again in the US market, some stores may not display them.
    Double edged sword here. Can't prove themselves if not given a fair chance on the stores. Hmm.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 01:19 AM
    You go off on a rant about uninformed people then go on to state

1. BlackBerry was the maker of the first smartphone
    2. Modern Android phones are slow
    3. Modern Android phones 'look outdated'.

Sigh

As regards the topic, I'm not sure exactly how you guys thought breaking back into the US market was going to be an easy thing. You have to realize that these things will take time. Time for awareness to percolate into society, time for US Carrier stores to realize that Blackberry is back as a premium brand.

You folks all too easily transfer your anger to the wrong target. Just the same way you walked into the store, why is there no Blackberry employee doing such rounds and populating a database of stores that need to be reached? Blackberry can easily recruit some of their most fervent supporters here to boost the ranks of the store visitors in case they don't have the manpower to do so.
    06-17-13 02:24 AM
    Let's start outing these fools on YouTube.
    Haha lawsuitttt.....

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 03:28 AM
    A few weeks ago when I asked a Best Buy employee why there wasn't a live Z10 out, they said that RIM has to pay Best Buy for that and has not. Does anyone think this is true?
    I am a big BB fan, but when I did find a live Z10, I was unfamiliar with the gestures and with the salesman breathing down my neck wasn't able to figure everything out in just a couple of minutes. I was coming from the PlayBook gestures, which are similar, so how would someone who knows nothing about the gestures decide?
    *THAT* is where advertising comes in. I know it is hugely expensive, but there MUST be adverts that educate and create need! My Z10 is incredible, and (thanks to CB) I am learning cool little tricks weekly, with more to come via software updates. When people handle it, they just love it ..... but how would they know to ask if there is no advertising?
    I do like the one advert where a woman wakes her boss who is on vacation. I think a couple more functions should have been shown off, because screen sharing is only for those who know someone else with a BB they want to share with. Do all of us at CB have to actually write the ads? We have sure thrown enough good ideas out there ....
    I think this is probably true. The US phone market is a de facto oligopoly of a few carriers, and the carriers use that to screw the manufacturers. Meanwhile, so long as large US companies (Apple, Google) don't suffer the regulators look away.
    In a truly free market economy carriers would be barred from selling phones; after all, you don't have to buy your car from Exxon and your bathroom from the water company, or electrical goods from the electricity company.
    06-17-13 04:10 AM
    You go off on a rant about uninformed people then go on to state

1. BlackBerry was the maker of the first smartphone
    2. Modern Android phones are slow
    3. Modern Android phones 'look outdated'.

Sigh

As regards the topic, I'm not sure exactly how you guys thought breaking back into the US market was going to be an easy thing. You have to realize that these things will take time. Time for awareness to percolate into society, time for US Carrier stores to realize that Blackberry is back as a premium brand.

You folks all too easily transfer your anger to the wrong target. Just the same way you walked into the store, why is there no Blackberry employee doing such rounds and populating a database of stores that need to be reached? Blackberry can easily recruit some of their most fervent supporters here to boost the ranks of the store visitors in case they don't have the manpower to do so.
    ..... yes.. android phones claim they have octacore processors, when in fact it's just 2 quad cores that neither run at the same time, hence it is a quad core not octacore. and yes android is extremely slow, the first iphone is still smoother than the galaxy s 4, it is glitchy. Ok so blackberry did not make the first smart phone, I should have said it was the first smart phone I've owned, and YES android phones are all plastic with the exception of the HTC one? Shall I go on?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:59 AM
    Retailer tends to show what sells. AT&T stores did not even have the Z10 displayed for weeks after they got the phone. I remembering asking the sales people and after 4 days they has sold ONE Z10 out of six received.
    06-17-13 07:03 AM
    ..... yes.. android phones claim they have octacore processors, when in fact it's just 2 quad cores that neither run at the same time, hence it is a quad core not octacore. and yes android is extremely slow, the first iphone is still smoother than the galaxy s 4, it is glitchy. Ok so blackberry did not make the first smart phone, I should have said it was the first smart phone I've owned, and YES android phones are all plastic with the exception of the HTC one? Shall I go on?

Posted via CB10

+1!
    But yes ...Please do go on

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-17-13 07:31 AM
    I wasn't quite ready to buy a Q10 since I have only had my Z10 since Verizon launch day. I did want to check it out though, so I stopped at a Verizon store that I don't normally go to (no pressure.....LOL). A salesperson asked if she could help me, but I was curious about how the display was set up. Guess what? There were NO blackberries out for people to look at. There were iphones, Windows phones, countless Android phones, even a display of BASIC phones........but no Z10 and no Q10.

I went to the front counter thinking maybe I had missed the display (????). I asked where the new Q10 was and was told that it was "in the back" but she would go back and get it for me. I kinda lost my sense of humor at that point and headed for the door. How can any Verizon store justify not having ANY Blackberry?

I headed for my regular Verizon store where they actually have the display in the front of the store and employees who, while not exactly PUSHING Blackberry is at least knowledgeable about the product. The display phones work, unlike at a TMOBILE store I was in last week (they had a Q10, but the battery was dead).

I am now the proud owner of a Q10 in addition to my Z10, and I am going to talk them up to everyone I can. These phones have such potential , but how will anyone know if they can't find a (working) device?

Posted via CB10
    Even with new products and new launch,why is it that the store could even have set it up with proper merchandising!? They are a phone store right!? They also are an authorized dealer right!?

How ghetto!!! I'd never go to that store or do business!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 05:26 PM
    I too went to a corporate Verizon Store, found a Q10 but it was permanently set on display mode. Could not check out the new keyboard. Have to hunt another one down to try. Not good, Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:46 PM
    Which is why I went back to the Verizon store that always has done right by BlackBerry since I purchased my first BB there (Curve 8330--i loved that phone!) BTW, I don't use my phone for business. I use it for pleasure--browsing the web, taking pictures, emailing, testing, music, word games. I just prefer to use the BB keyboard and the BlackBerry OS over any Android or iphone. Just personal preference I guess......:-)

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:46 PM
43 12