1. Still 80+ Million users world wide.
    2. Stock price still over $10.
    3. No worries about BlackBerry data plans anymore with BB10 devices like the Q10.

If BlackBerry folded their tent tomorrow you'd still have a great device for the length of your contract. Just make sure you're ready for such a different BlackBerry experience vs. what you might be used to. Also make sure the limitations and issues are not deal-breakers for you. BB10 is still experiencing growing pains. If you want Instagram, for example, it's not available on the Q10 except as an Android side load with limited usability. Just be honest with yourself about what's important for how you use your mobile.
    08-22-13 01:32 PM
    I will be honest and say that as things are I would hesitate before buying a Q10. I just can't think what I would get instead. Probably get something cheap and wait for an Android maker to come up with a better overall design than any so far.
    08-22-13 02:49 PM
    The DROID pro was a great idea. I never used it so I don't know how it was but it looked like a good phone. Qwerty keyboard like bb and android os.

Sent from my HTC One
    08-22-13 04:33 PM
    I love my Q10...even if BlackBerry was to sell, the buyer would run with it and continue to produce. The iPhone is the new basic phone people are starting to buy HTC's and Galaxy because they're tired of the iphone... professionals will desire better battery life and productivity that's where BlackBerry comes in. You will hear so many things just go with your gut feeling get the phone if you want it, or don't, it's your choice. Have you considered buying used?

BBQ10
    08-22-13 05:40 PM
    If the device will meet your needs today, then there is nothing to worry about. If your needs extend beyond in the future then you change devices at that time. It doesn't matter if the company will still e around or not.

Look at Apple, they've been around forever and there's still tons of bugs, issues, etc lingering on iOS. They've been around 6 years and guess what? People have deal with it.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    08-22-13 06:02 PM
    I am struggling with the decision, too.

I have a blackberry 9930 in the drawer and a NOTE 2 for the past few months.

There is no doubt that 99% of what I do can be done faster...much faster....and more easily with the blackberry platform.

If I could buy one of these unpopular q10 phones for a low price, I'd do it...instantly... but the darn things are priced like gold! Minty used ones are still $400.

The androids are very richly featured with tons of apps, but most of the time, they are simply too fiddly when speed is of the essence.
    08-22-13 06:24 PM
    Really?
    So the phone won't self destruct the minute BB either gets sold or bought out? WOW.......
    Who'd have thought? LMAO

I have the z10 and want the z30 too... always want the latest and greatest.

My Dad and step mom got the z now too and love theirs. Both say the marketing was so poorly done!

Posted with my Zed via CeeBeeTen
    08-22-13 06:27 PM
    Apple doesn't support NFC because there iOS platform can't support it. iOS has reached the end of its shelf life. It's as simple as that.
    08-22-13 06:56 PM
    Apple doesn't support NFC because there iOS platform can't support it. iOS has reached the end of its shelf life. It's as simple as that.
    Lol I have had NFC on my last 3 phones and have never used it once

Sent from HTC One and/or BlackBerry Q10
    08-22-13 08:56 PM
    Of course, if everybody refuses to buy BlackBerry products, it will fold in several years.

To be a hero, go ahead to buy BlackBerry products to support this great company.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:36 PM
    Just buy before too late!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:03 AM
    Just buy before too late!
    BlackBerry will be around for a long time, I wanted a Q. My friend talked me into a Z...best thing I ever did. good luck
    Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:06 AM
    I love the Q10 and my wife loves her Q10. I would not trade it in and am happy to grow with the OS as it gets better and better.

My confusion is the $25 per month to get the phone. Seems if you are on the fence then you should look in to one of those programs where you can trade in your phone every 6 months or whatever, you probably pay them same, maybe less per month. Get the Q10 then trade it in if needed.

P.S. You won't want to trade it in!
    08-25-13 04:08 AM
    if it was a previous generation BIS/BES dependant blackberry you might have a more relevant worry, but even then I'm not convinced. Honestly, there is nothing that should worry you too much here. This phone is no different from any other in what would happen if the owner went bust now. It will still do most of what it does already - the only problem would be no more updates and a broken app store maybe worst case. If you have already got the majority of the apps you want, you can rely on android ports and side load them for the rest. What does the average contract last these days? 24 months? Well I think you can get along until then, and you won't suffer a great deal for it, and you will at least have had a different experience to every other phone on the market.

But more importantly I really don't see it happening. Think about what blackberry's major value is, it is the ecosystem and infrastructure such as the NOC etc, so a new owner would be idiotic to close it all down lock stock and barrel when that is what they would have the most interest in. Far more likely it would carry on as an ongoing concern.

Relax, this isn't going to be a life changing decision.
    08-25-13 04:36 AM
    If iOS has reached the end of its shelf life then sales would be way down and they are not! Apple and android are the top dogs no matter which way you look at it. Blackberry has its own niche but is hasn't been enough to drive sales! It comes down to the app selection if blackberry had the apps the other platforms had then this conversation would never happen. I don't know what it cost to develop an app or maintain it but if blackberry doesn't get the App Store rocking then I firmly believe they will become extinct.
    08-25-13 05:21 AM
    The big mistake they made here was even using the word "sale", because that's honestly not happening.

They're going private. Prem Watsa has indicated it, certain potential key investors have indicated it (including the Canada Pension Plan Investment Fund, a Canadian federal government agency). It's happening. The trouble is, Watsa couldn't help fund this and remain on the board at the same time; would be a conflict of interest. So he quit the board.

Why the company had to announce the "strategic options" thing was because Watsa's presence on the board was very reassuring to many people. If he'd just left without an explanation it would have been very disturbing. So they made the announcement, but included "sale of the company" as one of the alternatives being discussed, even though that's not what they're actually planning to do.
    Hey,

Nicely written.

When do you think this plan will begin, or when do you think it will be announced?

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-25-13 07:21 AM
66 123