I blog quite a lot, and from time to time I am simply consumed by my thoughts and have to get them out of my head. So whipping the BlackBerry out and hammering out a blog entry to me is important. Something I could never do with my Z.

The moment took me this morning, thoughts burning up my mind, and I needed them out. Being able to use such a lovely physical keyboard, writing the blog was effortless on the train platform and on the train.

My state of mind sucks right now, so having such a frustration and hassle free outlet is great for me.

Here is the entry, completely NON BlackBerry related, but written on my favourite BlackBerry to date, and with 100% confidence to say, I could NOT have done it on a Z.

( Note I say 'I' couldn't, not YOU. Personal choices and all that.)

http://michaelsnasdell.blogspot.co.u...emons.html?m=1

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 05:35 AM
    Michael Great post and trust me you're not alone, glad to see you have a creative outlet to help combat it !!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930...which i pretend is my new Q10 !!
    Shumsher, Jonneh and peacebelfast like this.
    05-20-13 06:15 AM
    Michael Great post and trust me you're not alone, glad to see you have a creative outlet to help combat it !!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930...which i pretend is my new Q10 !!
    Thanks, would honestly be lost without my Blackberry to have that outlet on. When using other devices its just not the same, lame as that sounds.
    One of the BIG reasons I love my physical keyboard so much, its just types what I say
    05-20-13 06:24 AM
    Good post. Its funny I remember when I was using the 9900 as my previous phone, I would hammer out so many emails continuously that I replaced the keyboard 4 times in one year. I'm not saying the keyboard wasn't hardy enough, I'm just backing you up by agreeing that the BlackBerry physical keyboard really encourage fast carefree typing.

from an australian Z10...
    05-20-13 06:58 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I use both Z10 and Q10 daily...

Both are great! ... but the Q10 is without doubt the best keyboard smartphone ever!!!!

And yes, I used a bold 9900 since it was released in Canada.

Q10!!! Simply the best!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 07:26 AM
    Glad we are all in agreement, the Q is amazing to really bash out all the words in your head, the way you want them to appear, no second guessing.
    Sometimes that freedom is needed, without having to correct the auto correct.

When my mind is on overdrive, I am truly lost without my physical keyboard.
    Not that the touchscreens are not good, but I just dont have the same confidence in them.
    05-20-13 08:43 AM
    I love the Q10. A real professional device.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10
    thedose and chris8189 like this.
    05-20-13 09:02 AM
    Thanks for all your positive reviews of the Q10. I am really excited about it as the launch nears in the U.S. It will be my first physical QWERTY but it is so "BlackBerry" I just have to have it!
    fastpitch_dad likes this.
    05-20-13 09:23 AM
    it is so "BlackBerry" I just have to have it!
    That it certainly is. The Q10 definitely stays true to the BlackBerry heritage. Amazing phone.
    Snazy likes this.
    05-20-13 09:35 AM
    Hi there
    Does anyone know if we can replace the keyboard on q 10?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:32 AM
    Hi there
    Thanks
    Stop spamming multiple threads in this forum with the same stupid question. What on earth do you mean by 'replace'? Of course it cannot be 'replaced'.
    Snazy likes this.
    05-20-13 11:09 AM
    Thanks for all your positive reviews of the Q10. I am really excited about it as the launch nears in the U.S. It will be my first physical QWERTY but it is so "BlackBerry" I just have to have it!
    No problem, there have been negatives too of course, cant forget those. But its a GREAT handset for so many reasons.
    First physical qwerty? Really? Whats your previous history with BB? Just the Torch
    05-20-13 11:20 AM
    I am looking forward to getting my Q10 as well. I am currently using a Z10 and I think I can be more productive with a device with a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10 using BBZ10 STL100-3 Rogers
    Snazy and chris8189 like this.
    05-20-13 11:27 AM
    No problem, there have been negatives too of course, cant forget those. But its a GREAT handset for so many reasons.
    First physical qwerty? Really? Whats your previous history with BB? Just the Torch
    I am not deterred by the negatives. There are negatives on EVERY product out there, especially right after their debut.

I am on VZW and so is my large extended family which made the free mobile-to-mobile calling important for many of us so changing carriers back when the iPhone was exclusive to AT&T was not an option. But I had decided I wanted an all-touch smartphone (from my original Motorola RAZR) and the only offering at VZW was the Storm. Unaware of the many issues with it, I bought it and I do have to say, it was not as bad for me as some made it out to be. Soon app development advanced where many apps needed large chunks of memory and the Storm was left behind with its meager 512K. While I kinda fell out of love with my Storm, by then I was hooked on the BB OS (engineering background--loved the menu hierarchies and user options). Shortly after my Storm purchase, I also found Crackberry and I've been addicted here since May 2009. I held out until the 9850 was released and bought it on Day 1. Bought a Playbook on Day 1, then another later for backup.

Last week after the BB Live keynote, and the Q10 page went up on VZW, I got the Z10 off contract so I can save the upgrade sitting on my 9850 to get the Q10. I just love the look of it from an engineering/design aspect, plus I want to experience the classic Blackberry look and feel. I am a bit of a technology junkie which I have come to terms with at this point. I have enjoyed getting familiar with BB10 on the Z and learning its structure and quirks. I have two cell numbers and both will be sporting BB10's.

My now neglected Note II is still great for wifi use/browsing at home (robbed its sim for the Z) and I do enjoy things about Android. It also lets me help my non-technical friends with their Android devices. I have an iPod Touch just to throw a bit of Apple into the mix but just never warmed up to iOS in general after BB OS.

Having worked on new technology deployments (air traffic related), I fully understand the early bumps and upgrade cycles. I really want this to be a BIG success for BBRY and I am happy to be part of the (sometimes messy) early stages!
    SharonRD likes this.
    05-20-13 02:10 PM
    Sounds like a well grounded decision for wanting a Q, and I can't fault that. Glad you don't let the negatives put you off. I blogged them just to be honest about the whole experience and not come across as a fanboi giving BlackBerry love.

Without a doubt for those who like the physical keyboard, the Q is the best BlackBerry to date.

Cant wait to hear what you are saying when it's your daily driver

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 02:45 PM
    Hi there
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps it would be a good idea to start your own thread to ask this question. If the problem is you do not know how to start your own thread, then ask and somebody will help.
    05-20-13 02:59 PM
    I agree with you Snazy. I LOVE to post on FB, text, and BBM as well as send emails. I have friends and family members that once had BB's and have switched to android or iphone. What I noticed in all cases is that when these folks had a BB we would have long BBM chats, or text chats. Now with there touch screens they reply with one word answers. their imagination is gone. I loved watching a movie with my wife but holding a conversation in a chat at the same time. Now I get answers like "yep!" or sounds good" and usually there typing is so bad I have to translate the words because there all broke up or spelt so bad I dont recognize them . I LOVE typing on my Q10. I admitt I even go out of my way to find a reason to type LOL. This is the best phone I have ever had!
    SharonRD likes this.
    05-20-13 03:27 PM
    Lol I think your reply alone speaks volumes about what you mean, and I totally get what you mean.
    Using a touchscreen I always try to be as short as possible to avoid the frustrations of word corrections, bad keystrokes etc (which I know others manage fine with)
    But on the Q and previous physical keyboard devices, I am happy to elaborate as much as required to get my message across.

Glad I'm not alone

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:24 PM
    I totally get where youy guys are coming from. I've been trying to find excuses to type on my Curve 9320 ever since I've had it, and now more so on my Q10! If for any reason at all, just to become faster at typing on these devices.
    05-20-13 04:55 PM
    Lol I think your reply alone speaks volumes about what you mean, and I totally get what you mean.
    Using a touchscreen I always try to be as short as possible to avoid the frustrations of word corrections, bad keystrokes etc (which I know others manage fine with)
    But on the Q and previous physical keyboard devices, I am happy to elaborate as much as required to get my message across.

Glad I'm not alone

Posted via CB10
    I am with you 100%, I keep a BT keyboard at my desk at work for when I am doing things like writhing this very post. I do not like to use the VKB on my tablet for longer posting and don't like using my phone for browsing when I am sitting at my desk (why would I when I have a 10 inch tablet and a killer BT keyboard). Can't wait for the Q to drop in the US.
    05-20-13 05:07 PM
    Yeah cool post. I recently started to use my 9780 and the keyboard felt great. Have to admit that typing on the Z10 keyboard is nice but I'm not as fast as with my 9780. Keyboard love for me.

Posted via CB10
    Snazy likes this.
    05-20-13 05:12 PM
    Physical keyboards on BlackBerry's are better than ANY keyboard, on any device.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh likes this.
    05-20-13 06:01 PM
    I blog quite a lot, and from time to time I am simply consumed by my thoughts and have to get them out of my head. So whipping the BlackBerry out and hammering out a blog entry to me is important. Something I could never do with my Z.

The moment took me this morning, thoughts burning up my mind, and I needed them out. Being able to use such a lovely physical keyboard, writing the blog was effortless on the train platform and on the train.

My state of mind sucks right now, so having such a frustration and hassle free outlet is great for me.

Here is the entry, completely NON BlackBerry related, but written on my favourite BlackBerry to date, and with 100% confidence to say, I could NOT have done it on a Z.

( Note I say 'I' couldn't, not YOU. Personal choices and all that.)

A day in the life of....: At war with my demons.

Posted via CB10
    Great post, I love good physical keyboards for the very same reason. It simply helps me with writing. Just like any good tool makes the job you need it for more enjoyable. Even decent virtual keyboards simply don't do that for me. The feeling while writing down the stuff in my head is somehow "soulless" and uninteresting. Hammering those keys however is another story.
    05-21-13 05:00 AM
    Totally get what you mean. Something almost therapeutic about it haha.

Posted from my Q10
    05-21-13 05:21 AM
    .$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Last edited by RaedShadi1; 06-01-13 at 08:04 PM.
    06-01-13 07:07 PM
28 12