July 1st being Canada Day I received many comments and pictures etc., from friends and family in Canada. I am no longer a young man and many memories sprung from my memory. I cried. I want to return so badly, but due to circumstances I am unable.

I am however able to do a small thing to support my native land. In spite of all my grumbling and complaining I bought a Q10. Somehow it makes me feel Canadian.

I will deal with it, and its problems. It will become my daily communication device. It should arrive on Tuesday, by then I will have transferred all of my necessary iOS apps to my mini. I am hoping Caldav will work now for iCloud, if not I will find a way!!
    Last edited by zeteo; 07-03-13 at 09:48 PM.
    07-03-13 09:08 PM
    You provided inspiration! I too will join you in support of the mother land. Soon..

EDIT: You mean July 1st
    Bossberry222 and nico2004 like this.
    07-03-13 09:13 PM
    So happy to have read your post. I applaud you for supporting your homeland by purchasing a blackberry.
    I would love to know why Canadian companies and Canadian developers lack the desire to do the same? Canadian newspaper's, Canadian transit and many more refuse to support blackberry by creating apps for blackberry. However they create apps for IOS and Android.

Where is the love?

Proud owner of a lovely Z10, Q10 (work device)and 32g Playbook.
    07-03-13 09:31 PM
    So happy to have read your post. I applaud you for supporting your homeland by purchasing a blackberry.
    I would love to know why Canadian companies and Canadian developers lack the desire to do the same? Canadian newspaper's, Canadian transit and many more refuse to support blackberry by creating apps for blackberry. However they create apps for IOS and Android.

Where is the love?

Nice sentiment but don't criticize Canadian developers when BlackBerry themselves have still not seen fit to upgrade their own BlackBerry News, BlackBerry Wallet and other apps to OS10.

(PS If I sound frustrated, it is due to my loyalty. I have owned only BlackBerrys for the past 5 years including a Playbook. Some of the issues raised on this forum lead me to question whether.....)

Posted via CBQ10
    07-03-13 09:36 PM
    Having BlackBerrys for 6 years has made me want to go to Canada. I don't know why. I live a block from the beach in Southern California, but I just want to go to the cold of Canada, because it (and its people) seems really nice.

Can I seek asylum in Canada because I'm sick of fellow Americans asking me, "Are you still using a BlackBerry?"
    3_M4N, Carjackd, zeteo and 3 others like this.
    07-04-13 01:54 AM
    Having BlackBerrys for 6 years has made me want to go to Canada. I don't know why. I live a block from the beach in Southern California, but I just want to go to the cold of Canada, because it (and its people) seems really nice.

Can I seek asylum in Canada because I'm sick of fellow Americans asking me, "Are you still using a BlackBerry?"

Haha. I can't speak for immigration, but if it is up to me, you are always welcome

I would swap places with you for the beach for a couple weeks though.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 and zeteo like this.
    07-04-13 02:17 AM
    I live in India and from Detroit. Every day as I am waking, ESPN International is broadcasting a baseball game. Last two days have been Tigers versus Blue Jays and of course, I have watched while getting ready for work. I was amazed at the signage and other advertising for Blackberry at the stadium. Good for them. Enjoy the Q10 and I have the Z10 and love it.
    zeteo likes this.
    07-04-13 02:33 AM
    A Winnipegger in Australia with a Q10. Have to admit, part of my decision to purchase was the Canadian thing!

Sadly, at an IT seminar I was presenting at today, there wasn't a single BlackBerry in the room. Mostly Android with a smattering of iPhones. Got a few rude comments about my Q10. Whateva!
    zeteo and Bossberry222 like this.
    07-04-13 03:20 AM
    A Winnipegger in Australia with a Q10. Have to admit, part of my decision to purchase was the Canadian thing!

Sadly, at an IT seminar I was presenting at today, there wasn't a single BlackBerry in the room. Mostly Android with a smattering of iPhones. Got a few rude comments about my Q10. Whateva!
    And you would have seen nearly 100% of the people there using Apple laptops. We like to use what works best.
    07-04-13 03:26 AM
    And you would have seen nearly 100% of the people there using Apple laptops. We like to use what works best.
    Nah. There were as many Apple laptops there as there were women!!! i.e. 3. And one of those was mine and I run Windoze on it! Oops...
    07-04-13 03:38 AM
    Nah. There were as many Apple laptops there as there were women!!! i.e. 3. And one of those was mine and I run Windoze on it! Oops...
    Though, thinking about it, there were a ton of iPads... Lots of people with both a laptop and an iPad. Bizarre. I travel so much I can't fathom carrying more than one similar device.
    grover5 likes this.
    07-04-13 03:41 AM

Where is the love?

Unfortunately we're heavily influenced in those mediums by the usa our bug brother. It's all about the C.R.E.A.M.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 03:54 AM
    Bought my Q10 also in Canada. It feels so much better to know I bought it in his "Hometown" XD

Sorry for my English, People from Switzerland are still different...
    07-04-13 04:58 AM
    July 1st being Canada Day I received many comments and pictures etc., from friends and family in Canada. I am no longer a young man and many memories sprung from my memory. I cried. I want to return so badly, but due to circumstances I am unable.

I am however able to do a small thing to support my native land. In spite of all my grumbling and complaining I bought a Q10. Somehow it makes me feel Canadian.

I will deal with it, and its problems. It will become my daily communication device. It should arrive on Tuesday, by then I will have transferred all of my necessary iOS apps to my mini. I am hoping Caldav will work now for iCloud, if not I will find a way!!
    CalDAV won't work for iCloud yet but you can achieve the same result by syncing through Google calendar in the background. I plan to write detailed thread explaining how to set if up.
    zeteo and mattsfk like this.
    07-04-13 06:49 AM
    My Q10 makes me feel more canadian too.....even though im AMerican
    07-04-13 06:57 AM
    Am malaysian....i don't care I love bberry as I love u all canadians.....
    Yehhaaaaaaaaa
    Q10SQN100-3/10.1.0.2342......heehhe
    07-04-13 06:58 AM
    I cried shortly after buying the Q10 too. Not because BlackBerry is a Canadian company, but because it's the most capable qwerty phone currently on the market. LOL j/k
    3_M4N and zeteo like this.
    07-04-13 07:01 AM
    This was my first Canada Day with my Z10, after switching from an iPhone 4. When I was at the parade I saw a lot of iPhones, and thought I was just a little more Canadian then those people when I was taking pictures with my Berry. Haha.
    Bossberry222 and zeteo like this.
    07-04-13 07:02 AM
    It's no so cold this time of year, 27*C today with out the humidex. But I bet you would love swimming in the fresh water lakes we have.
    07-04-13 07:06 AM
    A Winnipegger in Australia !
    Is that like a square peg in (or down under) a round hole?
    minigrrl and zeteo like this.
    07-04-13 07:52 AM
    CalDAV won't work for iCloud yet but you can achieve the same result by syncing through Google calendar in the background. I plan to write detailed thread explaining how to set if up.
    the latest update for Q10 from ATT fixed the icloud caldav issue.
    software release 10.1.0.2030 / os 10.1.0.2121

the google method works great.
    07-04-13 08:32 AM
    I have a Q10, but have no desire what-so-ever to live in Canada. Would love to visit, but never to live there. Proud to be a citizen of the USA for me. :-)
    zeteo likes this.
    07-04-13 08:46 AM
    I am hoping Caldav will work now for iCloud, if not I will find a way!!
    I had some issues with iCloud contacts and iCloud calendars on it. I suspect it's more a case of Apple not caring about non Apple devices having a good experience with their service. I recently switched to both Google Contacts and Google Calendar as my shared service between Z10, iPhone, iPad, PlayBook, Mac and iPad and am much happier for it. Pictures transfer, contacts update, calendars transfer etc. iCloud is pretty awesome - for Apple devices. As soon as you cross that barrier, sometimes things don't sync properly between them.

The one area I'm still struggling with is social network links on contact cards. I suspect there isn't a standard way of embedding these in contact cards, so everyone treats them different locally
    07-04-13 08:51 AM
    The q10 is for everyone! Not just Canadians

Posted via CB10
    zeteo likes this.
    07-04-13 10:59 AM

Where is the love?

There's significant support for BB10 from Canadian companies. Almost all of the banks have apps on it now, and radio chains Corus and Astral both have apps as well. CBC is supporting BB10 extensively (even advertising its BB10 apps on TV!). I could go on.
    zeteo likes this.
    07-04-13 11:26 AM
62 123