I liked the Blackberry Classic today and I have played a couple of times with a Passport but never felt the urge to buy one of the 2 new Blackberries. After seeing both, my Q10 felt more what I really want. I have a Z30 that I bought recently during Blackberry's heyday price cuts but found myself continuously switching back and forth to my Q10 before I totally ditched it and now its my secondary device and am back to my Q.

Does anyone feel like me or just me?

Powered by Blackberry
    12-17-14 05:01 PM
    I'm in the exact same boat as you... just got a z30 less than a week ago... I'm forcing myself to use it for 2 weeks... I def miss my q10...

The screen size is totally welcome... typing is actually pretty good... speakers is what sells me... but the Q wasn't a slouch there...

I looked at the classic... not for me at that price point...

We'll see how this Z plays out
    jrsva2008 and JGoodard like this.
    12-17-14 06:25 PM
    I don't understand why BlackBerry didn't call it the Q20 minus the tool belt, added an extra GB of RAM and gave it a low end modern Snapdragon processor (200 or 400 series). I mean if they wanted to have a bridge from BBOS7 to the all touch BB10 they should have released the Classic back in 2013 and then the Q10 this year with the changes mentioned above.

However, this does bode well with those who currently have a Q10 or want a Q10 as BlackBerry is betting on old Snapdragons to last at least another 2 years.
    bbnrs likes this.
    12-17-14 07:55 PM
    I can't tell I don't like Classic without getting it on my hands.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-17-14 08:17 PM
    Wow, I thought I was the only one less interested in the Classic as time went along. Thought Classic was it for me...but not going to go that kind of price and I'm not seeing anything in it I have to have. By end of 2015, we'll see what it comes down to price-wise and then maybe? Same time, I didn't mean too but ended up moving thru the BB family this year. From my Bold 9900 last year, I shifted to a Q10 bec I could not stand the weak Bold camera and browser anymore. Liked that Q10...alot. But still missed that Bold experience so back to it, and then experimented with a Z10 which was OK. Then the Z30 ShopBB sale price came and I grabbed one of those for $225. What a deal! This is a great phone and I could see myself staying with it for a long time. Far more pleased than I thought I would be. But still miss that Q10 form factor. So decided to get one and do a comparison between it and this Z30. We'll see...
    12-17-14 09:03 PM
    It's Z10 in Classic clothing with some blings...

ODIN 9520 / 5.0.0.1743 Hybrid / 1850mAh
    12-17-14 09:15 PM
    It's an upgrade if you're coming from Qs series...

ODIN 9520 / 5.0.0.1743 Hybrid / 1850mAh
    12-17-14 09:16 PM
    My Z30 is nice and all but I can't get enough of my new Q10! The Classic is definitely a nice looking device makes me think of how I first fell in love with my old 9900 but I can't see a clear advantage to picking one up when I have this Q in my hands.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:02 PM
    Yes I am happy am not weird in here hehehehe and plus even design wise from photos put together I prefer the Q10 since as a form factor looks more like the Bold while the Classic is more like Q5 and specs's wise... its actually better. And screen resolution higher and dunno oh and Glassweave back. For now I have a Z30 a Q10 and a Blackberry Playbook in my Arsenal (and an LG Gpad dust magnett somewhere in my bedroom) and my Q10 is by far my favourite and daily driver.

I Want a Q10 with better specs and a capacitive a-la-passport capacitive touch-kkeyboard. Other than that I consider it a downgrade.

And the stainless steel of the classic? I find the black of the Q10 much more attractive and classy. But in the end its just me.

I hope Blackberry listens to us. And introduce a new upgraded Q10.

Powered by Blackberry
    12-18-14 12:58 AM
    Yes I am happy am not weird in here hehehehe and plus even design wise from photos put together I prefer the Q10 since as a form factor looks more like the Bold while the Classic is more like Q5 and specs's wise... its actually better. And screen resolution higher and dunno oh and Glassweave back. For now I have a Z30 a Q10 and a Blackberry Playbook in my Arsenal (and an LG Gpad dust magnett somewhere in my bedroom) and my Q10 is by far my favourite and daily driver.

I Want a Q10 with better specs and a capacitive a-la-passport capacitive touch-kkeyboard. Other than that I consider it a downgrade.

And the stainless steel of the classic? I find the black of the Q10 much more attractive and classy. But in the end its just me.

I hope Blackberry listens to us. And introduce a new upgraded Q10.

Powered by Blackberry
    Same here,my dream is : a Q10 a little bit bigger, with bigger battery and with a capacitive keyboard
    JGoodard likes this.
    12-18-14 01:54 AM
    I have been using a Z10 for the past year. Okay device, but I just couldn't get a really good feel for the all touch UI, I had to have the kb. Well, I bought a new Q10 from Staples while they were on sale a few weeks back, and OMG how I have missed a real BlackBerry! The Q10 fits in my hand just right and feels natural. I love the aesthetic of the phone too, a strong, as well as sleek, impression.

The Classic, while an otherwise nice looking device , just doesn't exude the same sleek look of the Q10. I admit to missing the toolbelt in a few instances; but otherwise, I haven't noticed its' absence in any routine manner. I hope there's a true successor to the Q10 at some point. I expect this Q10 to last a long time and I am definitely going to purchase a spare or two at some point just because I am loving this 'classic' BlackBerry experience!
    Couver81 and hlg8888 like this.
    12-18-14 02:42 AM
    I have been using a Z10 for the past year. Okay device, but I just couldn't get a really good feel for the all touch UI, I had to have the kb. Well, I bought a new Q10 from Staples while they were on sale a few weeks back, and OMG how I have missed a real BlackBerry! The Q10 fits in my hand just right and feels natural. I love the aesthetic of the phone too, a strong, as well as sleek, impression.

The Classic, while an otherwise nice looking device , just doesn't exude the same sleek look of the Q10. I admit to missing the toolbelt in a few instances; but otherwise, I haven't noticed its' absence in any routine manner. I hope there's a true successor to the Q10 at some point. I expect this Q10 to last a long time and I am definitely going to purchase a spare or two at some point just because I am loving this 'classic' BlackBerry experience!
    Thats exactly what ill be doing

Powered by Blackberry
    JGoodard likes this.
    12-18-14 02:58 AM
    I guess Q10 looks and feels more premium than classic. I certainly like passport more than Q10 but can't afford it for now.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:33 AM
    Sprint carries the Q10, but they have no plans to carry the Classic.

That makes my choice simple.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 09:56 AM
    Classic definitely seems like a premium device, while Q10, a Bold one. I love the way Q10 it's completely blacked out, where with the 9000 and 9900 you have to carry a case to cover the silver vessel. Not looking to go through that again. But on the other hand, Q10's are not reliable.

I also got the Z30 and forced myself to use it, browsing the Internet and watching netflix is awesome in it, but don't like the way you must carefully handle it as to not press anything by mistake. With the Q10 I have absolute control about what I'm doing and when. So Z30 became just a replacement to the playbook.

As the Q10 it's starting to double type, it's really a shame you can't know how long it will last. You would think this kind of thing would happen down eventually, but not in the very first month of use. I think that's what will set the classic and the bold apart.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 11:19 AM
    OK..my Q10 arrived today. Beautiful shape. Used but in excellent condition. No sign of double typing...and has soft keyboard. Understand a 2013 model 100-1. Am prepared to do a keypad swap if I need to down the road...if a problem. Irs running 10.2 latest from AT&T though I plan to move it up to the 1154 as I have had on my Z30. Comparing it with this new Z30 I acquired last month in the ShopBB sale to decide which I keep...budget allows one only. This Z is pretty incredible. Though I did enjoy my previous Q10 before and was interested in going back to it as a cost savings and smaller form for use and carrying. First impressions with the Q10, I am struck by how small the keys are for my fingers (I've larger hands and getting used to the traditional BB keypads has been a learned thing). That has been one of the big pluses for the Z30. Lots of room to manuever and easy to spread out. Plus its predictive corrective type is really nice...really smooth to use. If you have larger hands, its going to be a breeze to use. BUT the tradeoff is the larger, heavier phone overall. No problem holding it. But certainly heavier to hold and use, larger to put in my pocket and carry around. Big advantage there for the Q10. First reaction is that it is too small for my use anymore. But it looks so sharp, has all the feature specs I need and just is such an easy device to handle. So I figure the only way to decide between the two is to use the Q10 for a while, including a airline travel trip over the holidays, and then after Jan.1st, make my decision. Two great phones...might not be an easy choice???
    Last edited by jrsva2008; 12-19-14 at 11:08 PM.
    12-19-14 05:22 PM
    I was the same. I am coming off of the BB 9930, which I really loved a lot. When the Classic was announced, I thought, "Great, this is for me!" In the meantime, I got a Q10, which I LOVE!!! The more I used it, the more I thought, "What's the point of the tool belt?" So, I've concluded that, if you've moved on to the Z10 or Q10 (or even the Passport), the Classic really wasn't designed for you. It's designed for the business man who really, really doesn't want to let go of his 9900/9930. For example, with predictive writing (which is the greatest thing EVER), I can't see having to put my thumb over the tool belt. As it is now, I simply make put my thumb above the keyboard, and the word appears. So... if you've already moved on to the Q10, the Classic really didn't have you in mind. IMO, it's designed for the hardliner 9900/9930 user in order to get them into the BB10 OS.
    JGoodard likes this.
    12-19-14 06:09 PM
    Well I love my Q10! Is a sleek phone! It does everything I need it to. But I'm also curious about the Classic maybe Sprint will get it later. I'm confident they will being some customers prefer the PKB. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    12-19-14 06:50 PM
    Sprint won't carry the Passport, but I could see them carrying the Classic. They still have a lot of people on 9930s that they'd love to get off of their BIS so they can finally shut it down. I can see 9930 users switching to the Classic.

I went from 9650 to the mighty Qued and am here to stay! I love this phone!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    12-19-14 11:40 PM
    For some reason the Classic doesn't look as sleek and professional to me even though it is modeled after the 9900 which was a very professional device. The Q10 just looks more premium to me.

I would love a Q10 upgrade with the Classic's screen size.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:33 PM

Well put, if it doesn't slow down, i'll probably will get another one if there's no real upgrade in sight. The classic to me, seems to be made for the CEOS Chen visited on his introduction tour. An upgraded Bold. That's fine but I want an upgrade to the most powerful portable business tool in the world, the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:40 PM
    "but found myself continuously switching back and forth to my Q10 before I totally ditched it and now its my secondary device and am back to my Q."
    Stay with initial choice.
    12-20-14 12:52 PM
    The Q is the shiznit

Posted from my Blackberry Q10
    Senor Wright likes this.
    12-20-14 02:25 PM
    Yeah. Q10 is good. And I think classic is a pretty old phone now.

BlackBerry Q10 Manila
    12-20-14 02:42 PM
    All great phones! But still love the sophistication and form factor of my Q10.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    Senor Wright likes this.
    12-20-14 03:49 PM
35 12