I know the Classic & Passport are coming this year. I'm currently looking at the Q10 and figured I'd ask if anyone will keep their Q or go Classic or Passport. I'm not really impressed with the Blockyness of the Passport. I might go Classic later but I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:08 AM
    If you remember, the Z10 and the Q10 phones had a number of hardware and OS issues at the launch. Now, they are both usable phones.

I would let the avid BlackBerry fans be the guinea pigs to beta test the device in the first months of the production.

I would get the Q10 now, and when you have to replace your Q10, the Classic would be cheap and ready for you.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Q10Bold and bbnrs like this.
    07-24-14 11:18 AM
    Live with the Z10 for a few months... the classic should be a much better device than the Q10. If buying both isn't an issue, then yeah go ahead and get the Q10 now.
    Iblamesummers likes this.
    07-24-14 11:46 AM
    Q10 is great device. I'm really happy with mine. But take note that there will be new devices coming soon so you should wait up.

via Q10
    bbnrs and Iblamesummers like this.
    07-24-14 11:51 AM
    I know the Classic & Passport are coming this year. I'm currently looking at the Q10 and figured I'd ask if anyone will keep their Q or go Classic or Passport. I'm not really impressed with the Blockyness of the Passport. I might go Classic later but I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10

I stay for few months with my Q10 and will see if there are some well known Q10 issues in the classic - like double typing issue, Wifi problems, GSM Signal problems...
    So buy the Q10 now, and wait till 1st or 2nd Q of 2015 to buy the Classic when its fixed from issues and cheaper
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-24-14 11:52 AM
    I had a Z10 on launch day as well as a Q10 on launch day, Q5, Z30, all on launch day, they were all very 'usable' right out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 02:29 PM
    Q10 is a great buy I love mine. Will wait a few months after the passport drops so they can work the kinks out. Not unlike they did with the Q10

Passport is the true upgrade from the Q10. The passport IS the Q20. Larger screen, better sound..spec upgrades all around. Essentially everything Q10 owners asked for..and keeping it classy.

Good luck and enjoy Your Q as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 02:44 PM
    I say get the Q10 at a steal now. I got mine three weeks brand new for less than half it's srp unlocked when it first came out. Keeping my fingers crossed that this newer unit is no longer prone to the double type issue. Only time will tell.

As a general rule, I tend to avoid getting new gadget models during the first three or so months, for two reasons - the kinks which are typical of a new model (both hardware and software); and, the price, which tends to go down somewhat after its first few months in the market.

In the case of the Q10, I was almost decided on just waiting until the Passport comes out. But the Q10 price these days was just too affordable to pass up. Of course people seeing BlackBerry as a moribund brand has something to do with that, but that just means a better price versus value opportunity for BlackBerry users like us. Couldn't be any happier with the Q10. I'm now thinking that if the Passport turns out to be a usable design after all, I'll probably go the same route - wait a year until it's price plunges to about half its initial srp, and then take the plunge with the Passport.

I think I'll still be keeping the Q10 even if I eventually get the Passport. It's that good...

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 06:48 AM
    Too many factors to consider. Q10 is a great device but depending on how you want to use your device, Passport or Classic will be better.

They're so close now and enough info is out there to make a good decision between the 3 devices based on budget and usage. Of course, if budget isn't a consideration, get the q10 now and evaluate each new phone as they're released. Easy peasy.
    08-03-14 06:58 AM