Hi, new Blackberry user here!

I bought a used q10 to use as my second phone and so far I really like it!

Since I'm using it for simple stuff only (phone calls, texts, emails and a couple of other apps) I don't want to fill it with Android apps, but I would like to get a taste of a true native Blackberry experience, so I would greatly appreciate a few app recommendations!

what are your favourite native Blackberry apps that you can't live without?

is there any great Flipboard alternative in the Blackberry World? if not, which app would you recommend for news reading?

thank you and sorry for my english!
    02-15-16 01:24 AM
    Hi, new Blackberry user here!

I bought a used q10 to use as my second phone and so far I really like it!

Since I'm using it for simple stuff only (phone calls, texts, emails and a couple of other apps) I don't want to fill it with Android apps, but I would like to get a taste of a true native Blackberry experience, so I would greatly appreciate a few app recommendations!

what are your favourite native Blackberry apps that you can't live without?

is there any great Flipboard alternative in the Blackberry World? if not, which app would you recommend for news reading?

thank you and sorry for my english!
    Welcome aboard!

Some native BB10 apps I love:

CB10
    QuickPost
    Pootermobile Wallpapers
    BlackBerry Travel
    Post To Go
    Gadget Box
    Mock It
    Remote Desktop
    StarTracker
    CutePress
    Turbo Reader

And for catching up on news, I prefer gNewsReader, which supports Feedly, NewsBlur, Pocket, Readability, and Instapaper. You can also import/export OPML files.
    maggotbeer likes this.
    02-16-16 12:53 PM
    ReadItNow is great.

Sent from ar�ie's  Q10 
    02-22-16 08:35 PM
    Great to see folks still buying this great phone!
    03-16-16 07:41 AM
    Good list,

i love Gadget Box, Blackberry Travel and StarTracker.

Also try:

SkiBuddy (if you like tracking your speed, duration, etc. of your run)
    SpyCam Extreme (Take a picture without anyone noticing)
    XE Currency
    Heart Rate Tester
    AccuWeather (I prefer this one to the one preinstalled Blackberry weather)
    04-05-16 05:59 AM
    Some native BB10 apps I love:

CB10
    QuickPost
    Pootermobile Wallpapers
    BlackBerry Travel
    Post To Go
    Gadget Box
    Mock It
    Remote Desktop
    StarTracker
    CutePress
    Turbo Reader

Good list,

I also love Gadget Box, Blackberry Travel and StarTracker.

Also try:

SkiBuddy (if you like tracking your speed, duration, etc. of your run)
    SpyCam Extreme (Take a picture without anyone noticing)
    XE Currency
    Heart Rate Tester
    AccuWeather (I prefer this one to the one preinstalled Blackberry weather)
    04-05-16 06:01 AM
    Today I have sadly sold my Blackberry Q10 in favor of an iPhone 5s. As a longtime Blackberry fan since the curve I have had a passion for BB10 and often evangelized about it to friends and colleagues only to have them look at me like they don't care. With BB10 slowly being phased out for Android, I could never see myself using Android and have decided that now is a good time to leave the BB10 platform, maybe for good but you never know. I am not a heavy app user and only rely heavily on Remember, Travel, Hub, Barnes and Noble Nook (Android), and YNAB (Android). Sadly YNAB no longer works due to it requiring the Android KitKat runtime and Nook is next to go. Blackberry will be missed but it is time to move forward.
    05-11-16 03:58 PM
    Today I have sadly sold my Blackberry Q10 in favor of an iPhone 5s. As a longtime Blackberry fan since the curve I have had a passion for BB10 and often evangelized about it to friends and colleagues only to have them look at me like they don't care. With BB10 slowly being phased out for Android, I could never see myself using Android and have decided that now is a good time to leave the BB10 platform, maybe for good but you never know. I am not a heavy app user and only rely heavily on Remember, Travel, Hub, Barnes and Noble Nook (Android), and YNAB (Android). Sadly YNAB no longer works due to it requiring the Android KitKat runtime and Nook is next to go. Blackberry will be missed but it is time to move forward.
    What is your primary use of a smartphone and why IPhone over Android?

Sent from ar�ie's  Q10 
    05-11-16 06:14 PM
    Got my Q10 November of 2014, and only just now downloaded the crackberry app. Currently still going strong, and just bought myself a replacement battery and charger kit. Hoping to see some decent increases in battery life.

Sent Via My Q10
    06-02-16 04:16 AM
    Hello! New user here

Some apps do not open on my Q10, they only open, show a white screen and return to the home screen. Apps like "Amazon app store", Imo, Snap, FBREADER and Aldiko reader.

Please help!

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 04:28 AM
    Had mine for a few months, love it! Had a 9360 previous which was my first BB, I don't like the way phones are becoming bigger and bigger and wanted a physical keyboard, screen size just right too, not in your face like some smartphones. Sorry you're having trouble with yours Benneee, have your got it sorted?
    07-01-16 12:24 PM
    After soooooooo long... I finally am back to my first Smartphone love - My Q10.
    I didn't even know that going back to a Blackberry was even possible. But I called Verizon today and they said they still supported it - prepaid too, so less expensive - and I am in HEAVEN.
    07-06-16 04:02 PM
    Got it too today! More responsive than 9900 i've been using before. Nice screen, lots of apps, almost the same solid feel.

But I miss typing right in the main screen to start searching for contacts or dialing numbers or network operator commands. Instead I need to press Phone and then Contacts or Dial Pad, which seems deeply redundant.
    07-28-16 07:56 AM
    Everybody has already seen the q10 so don't need a picture... But I finally have a Q10!!! 😁
    07-30-16 12:31 PM
    The 'I got my Q10' thread-img_20161008_192041.jpg

Got this baby few months back as my replacement to Z30 and 9900.

Posted via CB10
    T_H_O_M_S_O_N likes this.
    10-08-16 01:59 PM
    Sorry for the very late answer. I use my phone for communications, productivity and reading books. This includes email, calendaring, text messaging, phone calls, keeping track of tasks and lists, notes, budgeting, reading books and the Bible, and weather. I am happy to announce that I have a Blackberry Classic along with my iPhone 5s for the PKB, Hub, trackpad and battery life. Blackberry 10 fits many of my productivity needs but the Bible app is no longer good and I don't want to rely on Android SDKs as they are getting slower and slower on the Classic. On iPhone I absolutely love the integration with my Mac and the apps Fantastical, Things, Messages, SimpleNote, 5x5, Nook, eSword, Garmin Connect, Reading Plan, AirMail, 1Password, EveryDollar, YNAB. All of these apps have seamless integration.
    10-21-16 04:56 PM
    I picked up my third Q10, ordered it online yesterday! My first was from work my second is still going strong but I damaged the SIM tray. I was thinking Passport to replace, but the form factor, build quality, and battery life are so great with the Q10. I picked up a card ninja wallet and this phone now doubles as a wallet replacement as well!

Posted via CB10
    luminosity6 likes this.
    11-07-16 07:21 AM
    hi everyone..i bought q10 last two days..this is the 1st time i use blackberry. what can i said about this phone was amazing.. simple OS, exclusive design..i dont care what my friends told me that blackberry is going to dead, for me as long i can use BBM,WA enough for me. even WA would not support in June 2017.. i still can download from apk (just my opinion)..Nice to meet you all..
    Dziadek, luminosity6 and awakerman like this.
    12-19-16 09:29 AM
    Hi, I just recently dragged my husband's old Q10 out of our phone archives. You know that drawer I'm talking about. Focused on using a phone as a phone, text, and email and getting away from all the excess app madness. This is the perfect size, weight, look and so easy to use! Also loving the speed dial keys. Yes, keys.
    01-12-17 07:46 AM
    Hi everyone! I've had my Q10 for a week now (Thanks to @pkcable) and I be like McDonald's old theme song "I'm lovin it" lol. Seriously though this phone is awesome and I do regret not jumping on these BB10 phones when they came out. Love the pkb and all the little shortcuts that BB10 has to offer!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Praganad; 03-29-17 at 10:25 AM.
    luminosity6 likes this.
    03-29-17 09:43 AM
    Bought another black one yesterday in mint condition and I will install silver frame for it when it arrives.

Bush did bb10
    06-20-17 09:30 AM
    Bought another black one yesterday in mint condition and I will install silver frame for it when it arrives.

Bush did bb10
    Sounds good. Where and how do you instal the silver frame? Please post a pic when you have a chance. Thanks.
    07-21-17 08:08 PM
    Sounds good. Where and how do you instal the silver frame? Please post a pic when you have a chance. Thanks.
    I can't post pics from bb10 to crackberry. But have a look at this thread for pics https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-think-855123/
    I bought the frame with tools from aliexpress for 5$ and it was oem quality.
    Teardown was easy after I watched a tutorial video from youtube.
    I also have gold q10 but I recommend silver because it holds up cosmetically much better.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 02:23 AM
    Looks awesome. Thanks for the reply. I have a new Q10 arriving Monday.
    07-23-17 02:45 AM
    Got my Q10 today off ebay. Slick little device. I am pleasantly surprised. Nice compromise between the Passport and size of the 9930. Got all email accounts setup in the Hub and everything got setup without any hassle. Was thinking I'd sell the Passport but dang it's such a beautiful device. Going to test out the Q10 as the primary for now. Call quality is loud and clear unlike my iphone 6s+ which makes me feel like I need hearing aids.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-17 10:48 PM
1,364 ... 4950515253 ...