I have a Nokia E6 running on Symbian Anna and the WhatsApp works just fine on it.

Posted via CB10
    Support for Symbian is also being killed off by Whatsapp.
    03-01-16 04:16 PM
    This announcement for a 'lack of support' is only a gentle way of saying: hey guys, we have done what we have done and we will develop this app no more for a certain os. It does not mean that current versions will stop working. I still have Faithfull Nokia E72 with old symbian and working whatsapp on it. If you are concerned about the future, download for safekeeping working version of whatsapp for your os.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 02:57 PM
    Let me get the link then send it to you.. actually it's on this post the first pages...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 03:15 AM
    Please are you people tilling to tell me,that Q10 will also stop doing whatsapp next year?
    09-09-16 12:32 PM
    Please are you people tilling to tell me,that Q10 will also stop doing whatsapp next year?
    ALL BB10 devices as of the end of this year will no longer have Whatsapp support, yes -- not just the Q10.
    09-09-16 02:49 PM
    This announcement for a 'lack of support' is only a gentle way of saying: hey guys, we have done what we have done and we will develop this app no more for a certain os. It does not mean that current versions will stop working. I still have Faithfull Nokia E72 with old symbian and working whatsapp on it. If you are concerned about the future, download for safekeeping working version of whatsapp for your os.

Posted via CB10
    You're incorrect, what the notice is saying is that Whatsapp will no longer function for any of the devices included in the notice.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-09-16 07:48 PM
    Y they do zis?
    09-18-16 08:59 PM
    1. 220 for a q10 today is a ridiculous price. I just picked up a passport for less than that the other day.

2. If whatsapp is a mission critical app for you, it is time to move to another ecosystem that will offer it after December.

Keep in mind that whatsapp has recently changed its privacy policy to become a data miner for facebook. So you might be better served staying on BB10 and abandoning whatsapp.

Certainly any responsible manager who is looking for an app for business communication has to be looking at banning whatsapp use and replacing it with either skype or bbm.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 08:19 AM
    Agreed. If Whatsapp is critical for you, and you don't want to deal with the workarounds, then I would switch to Android or IOS. If you read the forums, there is a workaround for using the Android version on BB10, but it takes some work, and I don't think it works flawlessly. I would love for this to change, but I don't think it will. John Chen announced they were working on a solution, but I don't think there has been any follow up to this.

I'm sure they want to move folks to BBM, but the traction just hasn't been there.
    09-19-16 09:04 AM
    Tbh we don't really know what's going to happen from the 31st December 2016, but just incase iv installed kik messenger and that is working fine, and still most of my friends and work colleagues are using it as well as what's app! But I'm still nagging them to download bbm as I find this a much more versatile messenger, only grumble with it is the size of the content you can send a max size of 16mb, and some files I had to send through what's app, as this allows much larger files to be sent.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 04:42 AM
    I agree with the above poster. That's what they're saying for now... things could change we don't know if the service will stop completely or if they just will not make any more updates... could be anything really, but if whatsapp is an app that you MUST have then you might want to try importing the Android version and seeing if it works good enough for you or just simply buy an android BlackBerry. I am hanging on to my Q10!!!

Posted via CB10 on BBQ10
    09-24-16 08:22 PM
    Keep your BlackBerry OS10 device dump WhatsApp there is a comparable app in BlackBerry World called SOCIAL TELEGRAM
    It's an unofficial version of Telegram
    https://telegram.org/
    Check it out just like WhatsApp only much better, especially since Mark Zucker-jerk doesn't have his fingers in it.
    Try it for yourselves and get the word out.. there is no need to give up your BlackBerry on the demands of Facebook owned WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 09:24 PM
    Can I just say.. don't let it stop you from getting a good phone just cause WhatsApp controls what phone you should be using.

Posted via Android
    locolyric likes this.
    09-25-16 09:22 AM
    To me WhatsApp and Facebook aren't essential and I can discard both of them any time. Specially with all the zionist anti-Palestine campaign Zuckerberg has been holding

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    09-25-16 09:45 AM
    I bought a brand new q10 today for 139.99 euros. After leaving my old q10 for windows phone and ios i find bb10 the better, most "get the job done" and robust mobile os. Also there is no other compact phone with decent specs and mostly with physical keyboard. Cant wait to get my hands on my new q10. Also i confirmed that facebook still works like always if i keep the stock app and dont update it.
    09-25-16 04:36 PM
    hey my is cosmas am replying you form zambia i want ask about sprint Q10 and am having MSL code so wat can i do?
    10-04-16 07:20 AM
    Get your friends have BBM. It is not that hard. Gosh...

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 03:14 PM
    Period is prolonged by half a year. Anyway, you can still use android version...

Sent via BB Q10
    12-05-16 01:36 AM
43 12