Went from the 9900 to the Z10 and really wish I would have saved the cash. Glad to hear the truth on the Q because I was thinking I might get one. Looks like the Z goes up for sale and I switch back to the 9900. Will give it a bit to see some more people and what they have to say but it looks like the Q is no better the then Z.
    06-19-13 09:46 PM
    How about an option to select "small/medium/large" and then scale the fonts to the users requirements. Pinch to zoom is simply more wasted swipes. Like not being able to delete a message directly. Everything takes more keystrokes/swipes than it should. Guess that's another case of "Keep Moving". Lazy coders.
    This one gets me, if it's supposed to be faster/better, why does every task take more steps? Even copy/paste takes extra steps compared to bb7 and the pb. I can multi select on my 9850 just fine if I want to delete multiple emails.

The excuse that it's only one more step gets old. Anytime something takes longer to do, it's not moving forward. Apparently I'm the only one whose company had efficiency experts come in to help with housekeeping
    06-19-13 10:31 PM
    Not yet...the "delete on device" option was removed, along with a bunch of other configurations & options (as I listed in my post above). They seem to be slowly being added back in as subsequent builds are released, so my fingers are crossed.
    I pretty much knew that was the answer but was hoping some of you Crackberrians had found a workaround. My primary device for sending/responding/writing emails is my desktop PC. I like the portability of being able to preview and screen messages on my phone, but I don't want the phone to be the controlling point for my 3 email accounts. This just seems like a fundamental business/work situation for a lot of users. I know BB is trying to steer toward "mobile computing" but a phone will never replace my PC as my workstation. I guess I'll just let emails accumulate on my phone because I want to keep my email on my account servers. I do hope BB reevaluates the need for returning to the "delete on device" option very soon.
    FF22 and kolok like this.
    06-19-13 10:36 PM
    ROFLMAO

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 or my Z10, either way it's golden.
    06-19-13 10:40 PM
    My kid was disappointed with their fisher price "my first phone" because the buttons weren't big enough. Low and behold, she went into their forums to put a negative kind of thread headline for attention or some other weird reason. We've since disallowed her to go online without parental supervision at all times.

Disclaimer: I have no kids. This is a joke. A stupid friggin' joke.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 or my Z10, either way it's golden.
    PJD642 likes this.
    06-19-13 10:42 PM
    I haven't been able to create a hybrid OS on the new platform...Aaaaaargh... that's it I'm switching back to my 8310 OS4.5.0.0.188
    06-20-13 07:34 AM
    I am returning my Z10 back to BlackBerry here are some reasons that Z10 has to go back:

1) Over Heating during BBM (Group chat) / WhatsApp / FB / BB App world / Web browsing on Stock browser

2) Battery very quick drain specially during browsing on a stock browser and overheating (NET: 3G /H+) 3) Rapid Battery Discharge needs Multiple charging During the Day (Unsustainable Battery Backup)

4) Twitter New tweets not pushing

5) Rapid Resets over 5 times at a single stretch with high over heating specially during travelling and roaming. Battery Removed from the device and after cooling the battery directly falls to 10% and low battery alert and Device switches off.

6) Very Sluggish performance specially switching between apps and opening apps

7) Battery does not charge beyond 87% (Temporary Solution Unplug Charger wait till the drain to 60% and Plug in the charge to obtain 100% charging.

Plus the never ending bugs, BlackBerry you made the worst OS and worst phone ever.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 07:42 AM
    I pretty much knew that was the answer but was hoping some of you Crackberrians had found a workaround. My primary device for sending/responding/writing emails is my desktop PC. I like the portability of being able to preview and screen messages on my phone, but I don't want the phone to be the controlling point for my 3 email accounts. This just seems like a fundamental business/work situation for a lot of users. I know BB is trying to steer toward "mobile computing" but a phone will never replace my PC as my workstation. I guess I'll just let emails accumulate on my phone because I want to keep my email on my account servers. I do hope BB reevaluates the need for returning to the "delete on device" option very soon.
    Should've added this to the list too.. can't delete emails no more from the device.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 08:29 AM
    I thought this too, until I read the instructions and found the "R" feature. Simply press "R" on any website article and it will render it crisp and clear!

Cheers
    Much better.. thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 08:31 AM
    Change is always sought after, but difficult to embrace. You either "flow" with the change (pun intended) or move along really. I loved by 9900 and it was hard to let go of it, but the Q10 a downgrade? Not on your nelly mate!
    06-20-13 08:46 AM
    Change is always sought after, but difficult to embrace. You either "flow" with the change (pun intended) or move along really. I loved by 9900 and it was hard to let go of it, but the Q10 a downgrade? Not on your nelly mate!
    I hope i dont regret leaving 9900 when i buy Q10 next week. Or i might just use both for a while.
    06-20-13 09:02 AM
    I dont think 3 days is enough to learn the phone.
    06-20-13 09:11 AM
    A few days to give a phone a chance isn't enough. I'm sure you have a 2 week grace period. Try to stick it out. Don't forget that iPhone didn't start off with hundreds of thousands of apps. Same for Android. Blackberry is building something new. They're going to release updates. What you want out of the phone you'll most likely get. They listen to their user base. They have to. Or else they would have been gone and sold like Palm (Although WebOS was a fantastic OS). Give it some time. I'm sure once they begin adding certain features you're looking for, you'll be happy.

Crackberry is a great place for them to receive feedback. if you owned blackberry, I'm sure you'd be on crackberry reading user reviews and work on the devices faults right away. Don't go thinking they're not doing that. I wish you luck!

Posted via CB10
    This is like the best post here, most of you guys....well just suck, you are getting all **** hurt because he pointed out flaws then you told him to go home.

But yes, the 9900 was a great device, if you no longer want your Q10 and it is on ATT I will buy it from you, or if it is from Rogers.
    06-20-13 09:13 AM
    I hope i dont regret leaving 9900 when i buy Q10 next week. Or i might just use both for a while.
    You won't if you don't allow yourself to be confused by the new environment. There is a slight learning curve with BB10, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be flowing! The speed of the device and the efficiency you enjoyed with your 9900 is now on steroids! Save for the few missing short cuts.....but there's hope!
    Last edited by NaijaBerry; 06-20-13 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Cos I wanna!
    raremage and Jake Storm like this.
    06-20-13 09:23 AM
    The loss of BIS alone could be considered a downgrade. The loss of an incredibly helpful email filtering system gone in one fell, well, SWIPE gesture!
    06-20-13 10:08 AM
    I would agree one should give it some time before kicking the 10 to the curb. The issue as I see it is that those of us that love our legacy berries are sometimes going to be hard to please when it comes to change.
    I remember when I first migrated to BlackBerry from a Motorola Q. The salesperson said "Give it a few weeks before you decide to return it and go back to the Windows mobile based Q." He was so wrong. From the moment I picked up the Berry I was hooked. It didn't take me weeks to like it. It took ten minutes. I am currently on os 6 with my 9780. I had decided to go 9900 and stay with BIS another year before I hopped to 10. Although I see a previous poster migrated from 9780 to z10 and never looked back.
    Any way you slice it, I am a hard core Berry fan. I will stick with Berry no matter what. I am glad to have a choice now to go 10, or stay with legacy BIS. The threads like this help me decide. Thanks all.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    06-20-13 02:10 PM
    I'm also waiting for that option. In the meantime, if your accounts allow it, you can turn off email sync
    06-20-13 02:33 PM
    Having used a 9900 and a P'9981 before this which have been retired to make way for my Z10 and Q10, I understand your frustrations. Still... adapt and move on. The pros outweigh the cons.
    raremage likes this.
    06-20-13 02:36 PM
    The loss of BIS alone could be considered a downgrade. The loss of an incredibly helpful email filtering system gone in one fell, well, SWIPE gesture!
    This particular thought, besides being somewhat off topic, has really been beaten to death in other threads. Some hate it, most like it. Personally I'm overjoyed to be off BIS and using pure, standard protocols.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 07:18 PM
    I say try the Q10 first for a fair amount of time, and see how you like it. That's what I plan to do...
    Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 06-20-13 at 08:54 PM.
    06-20-13 08:44 PM
    Agreed. But carriers wanted it gone so data usage goes through the roof and they could sell more expensive packages.

As many of you are being to find out the problem was never with the software but with incredibly bad hardware. All BB had to do was make some further refinements on 7 and come out with new kick *** hardware. Problem solved and they would be in much better shape for not wasting precious resources on a platform that is a step backwards and show how incredibly bad Android is.
    Last edited by VRCHOTICKY; 06-21-13 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Grammer
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-13 01:33 AM
    The lost of BIS is a downgrade in way but an upgrade I think in others. For me the loss of quick emails with yahoo is the worse thing because even with others saying I'm crazy I can only get email every 15 mins when it wants to check for them. If I need to have my email fast I have to log into my account with the browser and check that way and it suck to lose what to me was a basic thing. I do understand the carriers didn't like paying a fee to BB for the BIS but hey we pay for it they just don't like it cutting into the profits. Also the loss of BIS makes the web slower if you are in a 3g only area which I am, never been in an LTE area and unless I travel to one I don't see being in an LTE area for a few years..
    Over the years I have helped to sell people on Blackberry because I've been a fan ever since they had the 7520's and I still miss that keyboard. But I can't really push anybody to get or stay with BB right now because I'm just not sure they are going in the right direction. But also saying that I can't say I'm switching to something else because I just don't think anything else is good enough to make that jump right now. My wife is wanting to get rid of her 9800 because the dog cracked the glass the other day and both our lines are eligible for upgrades. I still use my 9900 on wifi when I need quick emails so I don't want to let her use it.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-13 08:18 AM
    I like the Q10 much more than the Z10. I never was able to enjoy the Z10 (or BB10) but the Q10 is much better for me. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Crippled speed dial will hopefully get fixed. Even CB Kevin objected to that (and therefore all true believers must follow). Not thrilled about the font size but will try to get used to it. I will continue to miss Profiles. Love the keyboard. And I think apps have been beaten to death. Hopefully BlackBerry gets the message.
    06-21-13 08:25 AM
    I am returning my Z10 back to BlackBerry here are some reasons that Z10 has to go back:

1) Over Heating during BBM (Group chat) / WhatsApp / FB / BB App world / Web browsing on Stock browser

2) Battery very quick drain specially during browsing on a stock browser and overheating (NET: 3G /H+) 3) Rapid Battery Discharge needs Multiple charging During the Day (Unsustainable Battery Backup)

4) Twitter New tweets not pushing

5) Rapid Resets over 5 times at a single stretch with high over heating specially during travelling and roaming. Battery Removed from the device and after cooling the battery directly falls to 10% and low battery alert and Device switches off.

6) Very Sluggish performance specially switching between apps and opening apps

7) Battery does not charge beyond 87% (Temporary Solution Unplug Charger wait till the drain to 60% and Plug in the charge to obtain 100% charging.

Plus the never ending bugs, BlackBerry you made the worst OS and worst phone ever.

Posted via CB10
    Um, it sounds like you have a faulty device, this isn't typical of everyone else's experience. Swap that out for a new one.
    06-21-13 08:30 AM
    Facts are facts... you can't simply remove basic functionality. This Q10 is still a phone, right? I shouldn't have to go anywhere to speed dial the phone and I should be able to use the # to change to vibrate. Yes, social meida is wonderful, but those of us that have a Blackberry for TRUE business need phone, email, and texting. All these functions now require more "swiping" and actions to do simple things. I'm absolutely frustrated that BB would take away simple things from a business user. Texting or dialing while driving... used to be very simple... not any more.

Q10 is being returned today... now I have to decide if I go back to a Bold or switch all together.

VERY disappointed...
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-13 09:30 AM
129 ... 23456