So my biggest question is why aren't more people using bb10?
    Cos Blackberry were/are useless in most other ways, other than great handsets/OS.
    04-17-14 08:35 AM
    I can already feel like I'm going to miss the bigger screen moving from a z10 to a q10. It's not the first time I go though this as i have swapped phones in the past several moths as I try to find what best suits my needs. I was ok for 2 years with my 9900 bold but needed a phone with a better camera. ....and so my journey began....q10/iphone5/galaxy s3/z10/iphone4/q10/z10/ and now back to the q10 once again!!!!....so it's come down to that I will stay with the q10 and get an iPod 5 for apps, or get a second line and once again get the z10. And when the q20 comes out get that as well. Decisions decisions!!'......final verdict: I love my q10 but apps function better on bigger screen. So I will keep my q10 for business emails and texts and iPod for apps

Sent from my iPod touch using CB Forums
    04-17-14 08:37 AM
    Interesting move. If I had to goto BB, I would be very interested in the Q10 myself. As an old Palm guy, I think physical keyboards are amazing. I know they are ancient, but I still prefer them. But I don�t think I can go to BBOS, after being a WebOS addict, I am now accustomed to having all the apps (especially speciality ones) available. Has that been an issue OP?
    I have been hearing that BB10 resembles certain aspects of WebOS, so I don't think that you will have a problem adapting if you decide to. BB has all of the essential apps but I know that there may be a few that are not available/native or developers released a basic version because BB10 is so new still.
    04-17-14 09:16 AM
    Welcome back! I'm sure you will grow to love it again!
    04-17-14 12:43 PM
    Interesting move. If I had to goto BB, I would be very interested in the Q10 myself. As an old Palm guy, I think physical keyboards are amazing. I know they are ancient, but I still prefer them. But I don�t think I can go to BBOS, after being a WebOS addict, I am now accustomed to having all the apps (especially speciality ones) available. Has that been an issue OP?
    I would call the keyboard "ancient". In a world of debitcards, PayPal and bitcoin, we still use cash right? And that's more "ancient" than a keyboard.

Post by 9of13's Q
    04-17-14 12:57 PM
    Congratulations
    Android --> Q10 --> Z30

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    04-17-14 01:00 PM
    My girlfriend chose an iPhone 5 over a BlackBerry just because of the name. She will have no choice next week but to help my mom out with the z10 I'm using while I'm in the hospital. (I own a q5, but have a Z10 while it's getting serviced)
    I honestly hope she doesn't fall in love with bb10 at that time, or I'll be stuck either buying her a BlackBerry product or even worse trading her phones.
    04-17-14 02:19 PM
    My girlfriend chose an iPhone 5 over a BlackBerry just because of the name. She will have no choice next week but to help my mom out with the z10 I'm using while I'm in the hospital. (I own a q5, but have a Z10 while it's getting serviced)
    I honestly hope she doesn't fall in love with bb10 at that time, or I'll be stuck either buying her a BlackBerry product or even worse trading her phones.
    Hope you will get well soon and you keep your BlackBerry ;-)

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    04-17-14 03:57 PM
    So after being embedded in an iPhone 4 then an iPhone 5 for at least 3 years I just switched to a Q10

I used to have a 9930 before the iPhones

So my biggest question is why aren't more people using bb10?
    The OS is fluid and stable and awesome

The main issue is the muscle memory of iOS. It really takes a few days to retrain your brain to use the hub.

The predictive text is absolutely amazing.

Everyone I show it to wants to get back on there blackberry.

That should be John Chen's marketing---come back to Blackberry

I do miss the vertical screen real estate but the benefits far outweigh the downsides.

Show your q10 to all your iPhone friends. They will be jealous. Especially the ones that know how great they remember their Blackberry's

I did my part - get everyone back on a device that communicates
    Welcome back to the darkside! Hope you enjoy your Q10 as much as I do.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-17-14 04:08 PM
    I'm glad you got your groove back. Enjoy.
    CMcRob likes this.
    04-17-14 04:58 PM
    Congrats! Great Choice..
    04-17-14 05:12 PM
    I just got my q10 today as well switched from 5s. I couldn't be happier!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 10:50 PM
    I just place the order to get Blackberry Q10. I have experienced Android, Windows Phone, and iOS. Now it's time for me to try Blackberry!

I did it! iPhone to Q10-imageuploadedbycb-forums1397820251.351443.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    SmileDahling likes this.
    04-18-14 06:24 AM
    Good choice going with the Q10, I have both the Z10 and Q and the Zs battery life isn't too solid (might just be a defective phone but I've heard many people complain about battery life also) glad to see yet another person switch from an iPhone, I had an iPhone 5S and switched to the Q10, you'll love it! How much did you pay for your Q?
    04-18-14 02:58 PM
    blackberry is the best small smartphone out there, you can go big (z30 z10 ) or go small Q10 Q5, the best variety in the market. We are being pushed to the back of the bus by the carriers, WHY!
    Last edited by Mrluky; 04-18-14 at 04:24 PM. Reason: missprint
    04-18-14 04:22 PM
    I pay around $330 for my Q10. Used to be $399 but with the code BLACKBERRY1 i got $100 discount. I think the promotion stops on May 31, 2014

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    wyrdfool likes this.
    04-18-14 04:43 PM
    I went from the Z10 to the 5s and now back to the q10.
    Just waiting for the Q20.
    04-18-14 04:52 PM
    Welcome home! Excellent choice. Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 03:55 AM
    I've had my Q for about two weeks. Came from iPhone 4s. Also couldn't be happier. I loved the 4s too, but the keyboard is it for me. BB10 OS is awesome once you get past the learning curve. Took a couple days to get past the iOS muscle memory. BB10 is faster and easier to move around in.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    04-19-14 06:31 PM
    same here

nokia, palm, sony ericsson, iphone to z10 to q10 and what's awesome is my white q10 matches my ipad 3..

I cannot wait for my carrier here in the philippines to offer the z30 and maybe the q20. i'm definitely gonna get one and name.him zeus!
    I did it! iPhone to Q10-facebook-20140419-135823.png

Posted via CB10
    brichardt likes this.
    04-19-14 07:00 PM
    Don't kick me off the forum but I have multiple apple devices that I love. I convinced myself if I was really going to watch video or play a game I am going to use my iPad mini.

Perfect combo of a q10 for awesome phone calls and contact management and texting and emailing and leave the games and movies to the iPad mini

I have found all the apps I really need on the q10

Epocrates ( I am a doc)
    concur app for travel arrangements with my company
    Blackberry travel for the actual travel days. (Nothing beats bb travel)
    Go music for my google play music subscription
    My Youversion bible app
    Cisco webex

I was afraid I couldn't manage my google voice account and use it still for voicemail....but the URL with a shortcut right to the mobile google voice app lets you dial and check your voicemail just fine

The one thing that really ticked me off about the switch was getting my phone number OFF of iMessage. This is a royal pain the rear. I talked to Apple senior support for several days. They are still having issues with some users not getting deregistered from iMessage despite them removing your phone number from their servers.
    They know this is a huge issue.
    I actually filed a complaint with the FCC and the FTC about this issue.
    Most people can send me an SMS without issue but this took at least 4 days.
    My wife's texts still go to iMessage oblivion.
    I have actually got her over to using bbm on the iPhone !!
    Much better than iMessage anyway

If you have issues with getting off iMessage I would suggest you also file a complaint or this will never get fixed. Apple said the issue was supposed to be resolved with iOS 7.1 but they are still getting reports of issues
    To get off iMessage there are several steps that MUST be done.

1) Turn off iMessage on your iPhone but do not switch cell phones yet as you need it activated.

2) Go to supportprofile.apple.com and make sure your iPhone is deleted and not connected to your iTunes profile.

3) Call 800.MY.APPLE or 800.MY.IPHONE and tell them you want to disconnect and have your phone number REVOKED from iMessage system. They will send you a text message with a code for security reasons. Read them the code and they will initiate the final process of shutting off iMessage.

4) Now you can switch phones.

5) It can take 24-48 hours to fully disconnect so tell anyone with an iPhone to delete any text threads they have with you. If they text from an already opened thread it won't go through. They need to delete the thread and start a new text. So unfortunately if you are text hoarder and never delete anything, you have to here.

***its not your phones fault it's the other iphones fault for not recognizing your not an iPhone anymore.***

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    04-19-14 09:21 PM
    Welcome! I went iPhone to Z10 and haven't looked back. I'll never leave BlackBerry again!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 09:25 PM
    CrackedRosco: I did all those steps and senior apple support can't even get it to work. Apparently they have an open issue with multiple users having this problem despite following all these steps. They thought they had resolved it with The 7.1 update but apparently not.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 08:17 AM
    The most commonly overlooked problem with imessage is by default the iphone is set with sms turned off. Having those with iphones turn sms back on cleared the problem right up. Nothing I did on apples side worked. Once my friends turned sms back on everything was fine as silk.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:26 PM
    CrackedRosco: I did all those steps and senior apple support can't even get it to work. Apparently they have an open issue with multiple users having this problem despite following all these steps. They thought they had resolved it with The 7.1 update but apparently not.

Posted via CB10
    iPhones have an option in the message settings that states something to the effect of "Send as SMS when iMessage is unavailable" or "When iMessage is unavailable, send as SMS".

Prior to iOS7 the default for this setting was ON. So if someone switched, the iMessage system didn't matter, it just thought it was unavailable and delivered as SMS text.

When iOS7 rolled out, the default setting was for this to be OFF. So now when an iPhone tries to message you it does so over iMessage and errors out.

And regardless, "senior apple support" if they are helping you its because there is another problem that they aren't discussing with you. Bottomline is if you have your phone number REVOKED from the Apple System which you don't need a "senior supervisor" to do you will be off the server after 24-48 hours. On the otherhand if you are not patient and keep dealing with Apple and your phone number when your number isn't on their system your only prolonging the disconnect.

I recall you saying you don't get your wife's text. Have her go to settings, messages, and turn on "Send as SMS when iMessage not available". Have her delete all prior messages with you on her phone.

You should get messages now. And btw, it WAS resolved partially with 7.1 as in the steps you personally need to take when switching. Unfortunately since they didn't patch what others need to do to send you messages you get stuck doing all the work.

Lastly, I own a 5s, Q10, and Z30 and depending on my schedule, decide which phone to use. I never have problems switching back and forth and use all 3 in any given week. Sorry you're having issues.

Is it possible that you got your new phone and switched to it and never made the changes needed to the iPhone? Sorry you're dealing with this.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    04-20-14 08:02 PM
81 1234