I really should not call myself a BlackBerry fan. 2 years? I had no idea!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    It was very memorable to me. It was my first tablet. My wife bought it for me as a thank you (surprised her with an iPad 2 prior)in around October of 2011. I was allowed to buy any tablet I wanted so I got a 32gb for full price.

Within a month I had my vendor account (Sept 30) and within 3 days submitted my first of many apps to be rejected by bbry for competing with their software (browser / Google desktop app).

Since then I've won 12 tablets, 6 Dev alphas, and 3 LE's from RIM and draws. Not to mention about 20k in prize money + app sales. And held conferences all over my redneck province to tutor developers. All for only spending a few hours a day. (mobile apps is still only a hobby for me)

I've never won anything in my life prior to that. And so I'll always be grateful to bbry - crackberry and my amazing wife for making the experience happen . You know though, I came *really really* close to getting a Transformer (Android tablet) that day. And almost fought with her to go for Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:32 PM
    WHHHYYYY do people buy full qwerty phones with any intention of a full gaming experience?

I just don't get it. You are buying a phone with just over half the screen size of most other phones, and people expect to be able to play a bunch of games? You are trading the screen real estate for your games for an entire physical keyboard for writing things.

I have always had full qwerty BlackBerrys (until my Z10) and have never once thought they'd make great gaming devices. Fine for BrickBreaker and Word Mole, and maybe a Solitaire game, but that's about it.

Really though, what games would one WANT to play on the Q10? I have my Z10 already, and have Where's My Water, Ruzzle, Batman, Angry Birds Star Wars,Pinball Deluxe, Sonic, Chimpact, and Jetpack Joyride, and I can't say that I've played any of them for more than 10 minutes at a time. I have them there for really no reason, to be honest.

When I get my Q10, I don't know if I'll be downloading any games on it. To me, it will be like going back to what I've loved about BlackBerry...the best keyboard on the best platform for communication. I'll have my Z10 for whatever games BlackBerry gets. Best of both worlds.
    05-06-13 11:44 PM
    It was very memorable to me. It was my first tablet. My wife bought it for me as a thank you (surprised her with an iPad 2 prior)in around October of 2011. I was allowed to buy any tablet I wanted so I got a 32gb for full price.

Within a month I had my vendor account (Sept 30) and within 3 days submitted my first of many apps to be rejected by bbry for competing with their software (browser / Google desktop app).

Since then I've won 12 tablets, 6 Dev alphas, and 3 LE's from RIM and draws. Not to mention about 20k in prize money + app sales. And held conferences all over my redneck province to tutor developers. All for only spending a few hours a day. (mobile apps is still only a hobby for me)

I've never won anything in my life prior to that. And so I'll always be grateful to bbry - crackberry and my amazing wife for making the experience happen . You know though, I came *really really* close to getting a Transformer (Android tablet) that day. And almost fought with her to go for Android.

Posted via CB10
    12 tablets? Wow, think you might sell one cheap to a BB fan without a lot of money? lol
    05-06-13 11:45 PM
    I gave every one away except 1 for my wife but all my family members and coworkers have them now.

Small family fortunately.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:09 AM
    WHHHYYYY do people buy full qwerty phones with any intention of a full gaming experience?

I just don't get it. You are buying a phone with just over half the screen size of most other phones, and people expect to be able to play a bunch of games? You are trading the screen real estate for your games for an entire physical keyboard for writing things.

I have always had full qwerty BlackBerrys (until my Z10) and have never once thought they'd make great gaming devices. Fine for BrickBreaker and Word Mole, and maybe a Solitaire game, but that's about it.

Really though, what games would one WANT to play on the Q10? I have my Z10 already, and have Where's My Water, Ruzzle, Batman, Angry Birds Star Wars,Pinball Deluxe, Sonic, Chimpact, and Jetpack Joyride, and I can't say that I've played any of them for more than 10 minutes at a time. I have them there for really no reason, to be honest.

When I get my Q10, I don't know if I'll be downloading any games on it. To me, it will be like going back to what I've loved about BlackBerry...the best keyboard on the best platform for communication. I'll have my Z10 for whatever games BlackBerry gets. Best of both worlds.
    As I stated before, I love my blackberry, but people don't seem to understand that it is also a phone. And as far as I know, Blackberry is new and international, with developers worldwide, so what sense does it make not to support apps for the q10? Though blackberry is business oriented, I would also like to kill some leisure time consuming media or playing apps, if I wanted to. Did that answer your question? I wish people would stop taking my opinions so personal!
    05-07-13 08:11 PM
    I had a sp a long time ago, square screen, and it was able to play Spider-Man and atman just fine.
    05-07-13 09:21 PM
31 12