Hey guys, unfortunately when I purchased my Q I went with the oem protectors that Telus had on hand. I find that in comparison to the protector I had for my Z, this thing comes with fingerprints already added. Its greasier then Travolta's hair in grease. What are you guys using, and do you find yourself wiping them off less then the oem protectors. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 03:46 PM
    Hey guys, unfortunately when I purchased my Q I went with the oem protectors that Telus had on hand. I find that in comparison to the protector I had for my Z, this thing comes with fingerprints already added. Its greasier then Travolta's hair in grease. What are you guys using, and do you find yourself wiping them off less then the oem protectors. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Zagg. Love Zagg.
    niftymu likes this.
    08-16-13 04:18 PM
    I really don't think the q10 needs one. It has a very tough screen, and a good case such as the official flip case will keep it covered. I have rarely used protectors on modern smartphones, and with simple care all of my phones make it into their afterlife in my top desk drawer without so much as a single scratch.

I've always thought they are horrible things for the most part - ruin visibility in some light conditions, which is already a sticking point for many on the q10, and reduce sensitivity in some cases. I'd really recommend going with a decent case that covers the screen rather than one of those phone condoms. I have nothing but praise for the OEM flip case.
    08-16-13 06:55 PM
    I just got my Q10 on Tuesday, and had also ordered this Amazon.com: GreatShield Ultra Smooth (HD) Clear Screen Protector Film for BlackBerry Q10 (3 Pack) - LIFETIME WARRANTY: Cell Phones & Accessories

They are fantastic, matte, very easy install, and comes in a 3 pack (in case you want to change them out later, or messed up with install)

Highly recommended, and if you have a prime account it will get to you in 1-2 days.
    08-16-13 07:04 PM
    Have never used one I go naked.

Posted via CB10
    offyoutoddle and blackswagg like this.
    08-16-13 07:26 PM
    Zagg. Love Zagg.
    Bought the xtremeguard and for about a 1$ I think they work just the same. Had them 83% off 5$ when you buy 3 items.
    08-16-13 07:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey, I recently did some research for Q10 screen protectors. I've tried the one that comes with my otterbox, the one that comes with my incipio frequency case as well as BlackBerry's own screen protectors. They're okay, the get the job done but yeah, I hated the grease that built up on them. So like I said, I did a little research and I settled on Clarivue's matte screen protectors. I'm really really satisfied. I've never really liked matte screen protectors because it isn't as crystal clear as clear protectors, but that was with my PlayBook and my old Android phones. I realized that the majority of things I do with my phone aren't media/game based anymore anyways, so it made sense to go with matte. With lots of texting/messaging/email/facebook etc etc it doesn't matter if it isn't perfectly clear. So yeah, the matte screen protectors really help with the grease, as well as reducing glare. Another thing that has made me a satisfied customer is the shipping time. It arrived at the earliest estimated date, and it was a quick estimation too, 5 days. Not to mention free shipping. Anyways, if you're convinced, here's the link:

Blackberry Q10 Anti-Glare Screen Protector from Clarivue

And they sell clear protectors too, as well as privacy and mirror screen protectors.

Blackberry Q10 Anti-Glare Screen Protector from Clarivue
    08-16-13 10:11 PM
    I've always used Clarivue clear protectors and thougtht they were great. I'm trying the actual BB units now and find their clarity to be slightly better than Clarivue and not as prone to smudges. I'm going to order a couple more.
    08-16-13 10:40 PM
    Ive used the IShieldz product quite extensively over the years with all of my devices and you cant beat the warranty and they tend to last longer than any of the other brands ive tried.
    08-17-13 09:28 AM
    After using BSE on my devices for years, I made the switch to SPIGEN Steinheil Ultra Clear for the Q10 and have been pleasantly surprised. Great stuff.
    08-17-13 09:42 AM
    Skinami

Posted via CB10
    bebold99 likes this.
    08-17-13 09:45 AM
    Ordered and receive Fosmon Anti Glare off amazon (3 pack for 3 bucks, plus prime=shipping for free too).

Oops. Wanted privacy.

So, just ordered for 7$ +free shipping Fosmon Privacy.

On my 9930, I spent $16 on 3m.com and got a 3m protector. Never once did it look any different than the first day I got it. Perfect. Wish they made a q10 one by now.

Any how, I will let you know what I think when I receive.
    08-19-13 10:11 AM
    Thanks guys, finally went back to Zagg and the ishieldz. There is comfort in knowing a certain product since the 9780 days.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:23 PM
    Anyone know if there is a glass screen protector available for the Q10?
    09-14-13 11:07 PM
    I'd have to agree that the OEM protectors are fingerprint magnets. A swipe or two with a microfiber cloth has been been the most effective way to clean my Berry's screen.

I have used the Clarivue products in the past, though, and can say they were good. At any rate, it seemed they were less prone to smudging, but haven't a recent product for comparison.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 12:34 AM
    I disagree about the OEM protectors - i found it to be the best screen protectors I've used thus far.

Is a perfect fit (but the caveat is it requires a perfect application or you'll get bubbles), feels great to the fingers when using it, and does not attract finger prints at all. I haven't had to use any cloth to constantly wipe it as you would with other protectors or say a bare screen.

In fact, it makes my phone look new out of the box.

One thing i did notice, was the OEM leather pouch did leave marks and prints on the screen, so I've stoped using it.

But nothing but praise for the OEM ones

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:02 AM
    Yes the OEM are better than others for smudges imo.
    09-15-13 01:20 AM
    I do think the OEM protectors are very well made, don't get me wrong. Cannot deny the smudges, though--at the very *least* compared to a naked screen. But if I had to pick between a removable smudge or permanent scratch...well, I think we all know where I am going here.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 01:27 AM
    I really don't think the q10 needs one. It has a very tough screen, and a good case such as the official flip case will keep it covered. I have rarely used protectors on modern smartphones, and with simple care all of my phones make it into their afterlife in my top desk drawer without so much as a single scratch.

I've always thought they are horrible things for the most part - ruin visibility in some light conditions, which is already a sticking point for many on the q10, and reduce sensitivity in some cases. I'd really recommend going with a decent case that covers the screen rather than one of those phone condoms. I have nothing but praise for the OEM flip case.
    "Phone condoms" LOL!
    09-15-13 01:59 AM
    Get the one CrackBerry sells from BlackBerry. They fit perfectly and are totally clear and don't affect the touch screen experience.

I use these for my Q10 and Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:25 AM
    SPIGEN no doubt!!!

I'm very picky and I tried many different screen protectors. SPIGEN by far the best quality. Try it u won't regret.
    09-15-13 12:02 PM
    SPIGEN no doubt!!!

I'm very picky and I tried many different screen protectors. SPIGEN by far the best quality. Try it u won't regret.
    It's a bummer they don't make the Spigen glas.tr for Q10. Best screen protector hands down.

AT&T SQN100-1 10.2.0.1725
    09-15-13 12:07 PM
    SPIGEN no doubt!!!

It does look really nice...but how is the ultra-crystal one for smudges? my current protector is driving me crazy with them

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:52 PM
    Clear Coat's Screen Protectors are pretty good. Im using the full body version of it on my q10. It was very easy to install and it comes with a solution that is meant to be applied on your fingers and on the screen protector it self so you dont leave any trace of fingerprints.

The screen protector costs 15$ ( I think it brings 2 cuz when I bought a clear coat for my mom's z10 it came with 2) and there is the full body protection that costs 25$.

Ive been using it for 5 days and I can tell you that I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Posted from a Q10
    09-18-13 08:33 PM
    I have a Skinomi for the first time and I like it.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:39 PM
30 12