If you don't hit QWERT perfectly you back out of messages which really sucks on FB because it doesn't save like it does in text messages.

It's I'm possible to close internet tabs because it just slides the tab back over instead of closing it

To open the FB message center I need to tap the button in the upper right 3-5 times to register

I close apps when playing Pac-man or scrolling through FB........ other wise I guess I like the UI but they really nee to work on this
    12-11-13 03:40 AM
    Once you use the touchscreen a while you get used to where you need to tap. It's not that difficult. And while there are bound to be mistakes, it is that bad?
    12-11-13 04:31 AM
    It's not about getting used to the touch screen, it's about the screen's structural design and functionality which is characterized by fragmented responsiveness and clunky navigation. It's just way sub-par vs. the competition.

All that could have been rendered acceptable with a track pad, but the geniuses in Waterloo decided to focus less on productivity and the company's core audience and more on whistles and bells in a desperate failed attempt to try to attract new customers.

The touch screen is one of those victims.
    12-11-13 12:15 PM
    I agree, the lack of a trackpad was a terrible decision, the Q10 would be insane with a trackpad, but it would cut into the size of the screen... I think the ultimate phone will be a design similar to the torch.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 12:36 PM
    I agree, the lack of a trackpad was a terrible decision, the Q10 would be insane with a trackpad, but it would cut into the size of the screen... I think the ultimate phone will be a design similar to the torch.

Posted via CB10
    Track pad in the upper left hand corner of the back of the phone (for use with index finger) and maybe an alternate on the upper right hand corner (for lefties) would have been innovative, useful and no compromise.
    12-11-13 12:41 PM
    I disagree. A poll here a few months back was fairly split. And as more people get used to gestures, it's going to become ever more outdated. I miss it with copy and paste once in a while, but it gets easier with each update. I digital trackpad might be a good feature as an option...if they could figure that out.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    k3cub and Danny Ocean like this.
    12-11-13 12:42 PM
    I disagree. A poll here a few months back was fairly split. And as more people get used to gestures, it's going to become ever more outdated. I miss it with copy and paste once in a while, but it gets easier with each update. I digital trackpad might be a good feature as an option...if they could figure that out. Posted via CB10
    If a poll shows even split, that means failure. How else would you interpret a 50% approval rating?
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-11-13 12:47 PM
    It wasn't an approval rating. Half the people missed the trackpad, half didn't. People are still getting used to it. I miss it at times, but swiping is much faster once you get used to it. It's a touchscreen device. You either have to get used to it, go to another platform, or wait and see if BlackBerry ever releases a device with a trackpad again.
    If a poll shows even split, that means failure. How else would you interpret a 50% approval rating?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:11 PM
    It wasn't an approval rating. Half the people missed the trackpad, half didn't. People are still getting used to it. I miss it at times, but swiping is much faster once you get used to it. It's a touchscreen device. You either have to get used to it, go to another platform, or wait and see if BlackBerry ever releases a device with a trackpad again.

Posted via CB10
    Trackpad no Trackpad will be a debate for the ages. I totally agree with no Trackpad on the Z series, but on the Q series, the Trackpad would be fantastic. I chose the Q because of the physical keyboard the Trackpad would compliment my phone tremendously.

As a Q10 user I already chose to use the smaller screen + we don't have access to many games available to the Z series, due to screen resolution and I'm good with that, I want to be as productive on my Q10, just as I am on my 4 years old Bold. I totally see where the OP is coming from.
    12-11-13 02:27 PM
    Track pad in the upper left hand corner of the back of the phone (for use with index finger) and maybe an alternate on the upper right hand corner (for lefties) would have been innovative, useful and no compromise.
    Agree on the back but left and right handed phones is a no no. Middle of phone on the back is only viable place. Even as an optional extra.
    Think the trackpad was dropped because BlackBerry didnt want developers to have to code for trackpad but this was a mistake. A few apps which work betterr on BlackBerry because of thee trackpad is better than more apps which are designed primarily for android.
    12-11-13 02:43 PM
    People were not crazy about the Trackpad when it came out, before that people complained about the Teackwheel.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 02:43 PM
    You should really try the Z10....touch screen is very fast, fluid and accurate....and a funny thing about 'clunky'...after using my wife's iPhone and my daughter's iPhone this last weekend, 'clunky' was the word that came to mind, and I have always given cudos to the iPhone screen....

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 03:20 PM
    I think the clunky touch screen was done on purpose because if they make it too sensitive, you will frequently and unintentionally keep doing gesture based controls.

Very least give us the option to control the touch screen sensitivity.
    kbz1960 and flyingsolid like this.
    12-11-13 04:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not an approval rating? Call it what you want. 50% of people think the phone would be better with a trackpad. Probably the same percentage who care about grammatical accuracy in business emails and are fed up with trying to edit text in the middle of a paragraph (for those that still use paragraphs) with the clumsy blue dots. Those things are like a bad joke and it's really amazing to me that they ever made it through testing to be unleashed on the consumer. As it concerns the trackpad, just because something has been around does not mean that it's outdated. An accurate, reliable pointing device on a computer is crucial. And with screen resolutions allowing for more and more detail in smaller areas, the fingertip is just too large to make it work. This is not rocket science....just common sense.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-11-13 05:48 PM
    Well I don't know about everyone else but my finger are anything but small and I have no problems with the touchscreen on the Q10. My thumb hurts a lot from scrolling though. I think that's a common problem these days. The 9900 had a clunky touchscreen to me, but that's probably because the trackpad was a better solution. Unfortunately I do not think a trackpad is coming to BB10. It's gone. If you don't like it you can always use one of those other manufacturers out there with trackpads... oh wait... right. Well you can always go back to OS7. Just don't complain about anything that's missing there. Might as well get used to touchscreen. If BB stops making handsets (God forbid) and your Q10 explodes (God forbid) then you are pretty much stuck with a massive selection of touchscreens (God forbid).
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    12-11-13 06:01 PM
    when i go back to using my 9900 i have to think about how to navigate through the legacy OS. trackpad is passe. it does take getting used to the language of the touchscreen, just like it does when you use any other branded phone.

apparently you folks ( you know who you are) dont have anything legitimate to complain about, take a deep breath.
    12-11-13 06:05 PM
    Well I don't know about everyone else but my finger are anything but small and I have no problems with the touchscreen on the Q10. My thumb hurts a lot from scrolling though. I think that's a common problem these days. The 9900 had a clunky touchscreen to me, but that's probably because the trackpad was a better solution. Unfortunately I do not think a trackpad is coming to BB10. It's gone. If you don't like it you can always use one of those other manufacturers out there with trackpads... oh wait... right. Well you can always go back to OS7. Just don't complain about anything that's missing there. Might as well get used to touchscreen. If BB stops making handsets (God forbid) and your Q10 explodes (God forbid) then you are pretty much stuck with a massive selection of touchscreens (God forbid).
    It's not an either/or. The 9900 was genius at making both work in one device. It could be done again.
    12-11-13 06:08 PM
    when i go back to using my 9900 i have to think about how to navigate through the legacy OS. trackpad is passe. it does take getting used to the language of the touchscreen, just like it does when you use any other branded phone.

apparently you folks ( you know who you are) dont have anything legitimate to complain about, take a deep breath.
    Please don't talk about getting used to a touchscreen. I was one of the first on the list for a Q10 since I pre-ordered it as soon as I could through AT&T - so if you mean getting used to sub-par capability I'm already there. Adam Zeis also acknowledges the superiority of the 9900 as a communication device. The best BlackBerry you can buy | CrackBerry.com
    And just out of curiosity...why are you and so many others (myself included) still hanging on to their 9900's? In my history of owning BlackBerrys, I never had a need for the one that came before....
    12-11-13 06:21 PM
    It could be done again.
    At what cost? Will it make money? I'm not sure it will. Would the Q10 have sold more with a trackpad? Possibly. But the device would have cost more as well. Development would have been pushed back to get a trackpad into the OS. I'm sure these weren't easy decisions for BlackBerry. I'm not saying it can't be done, but rather, should it be done? Is it viable? The system works. Just not the same as you have grown accustomed to for so many years.
    12-11-13 06:21 PM
    You are apparently looking at a different poll. Being "better" and "missing" a feature are not the same. Many people stated they missed the trackpad, but had gotten used to swiping.

Once you get used to swiping, it's difficult to go back to a trackpad. The only time I miss it is when I copy and paste...but navigating I prefer swiping with the thumb.
    Not an approval rating? Call it what you want. 50% of people think the phone would be better with a trackpad. Probably the same percentage who care about grammatical accuracy in business emails and are fed up with trying to edit text in the middle of a paragraph (for those that still use paragraphs) with the clumsy blue dots. Those things are like a bad joke and it's really amazing to me that they ever made it through testing to be unleashed on the consumer. As it concerns the trackpad, just because something has been around does not mean that it's outdated. An accurate, reliable pointing device on a computer is crucial. And with screen resolutions allowing for more and more detail in smaller areas, the fingertip is just too large to make it work. This is not rocket science....just common sense.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:27 PM
    At what cost? Will it make money? I'm not sure it will. Would the Q10 have sold more with a trackpad? Possibly. But the device would have cost more as well. Development would have been pushed back to get a trackpad into the OS. I'm sure these weren't easy decisions for BlackBerry. I'm not saying it can't be done, but rather, should it be done? Is it viable? The system works. Just not the same as you have grown accustomed to for so many years.
    We could go round and round with this until the cows come home - over where cows live. Tell you what...when the trackpad or some kind of pointing device with mouse like capability finds its way back into BlackBerry, I'll be first in line to say "Told you!"
    12-11-13 06:31 PM
    Not a very good link for your point. The 9900 won communication because of the keyboard for emailing, texting and social media. Nothing to do with the touchscreen. I shipped my 9900 today. Sold it on ebay for $80.
    Please don't talk about getting used to a touchscreen. I was one of the first on the list for a Q10 since I pre-ordered it as soon as I could through AT&T - so if you mean getting used to sub-par capability I'm already there. Adam Zeis also acknowledges the superiority of the 9900 as a communication device. The best BlackBerry you can buy | CrackBerry.com
    And just out of curiosity...why are you and so many others (myself included) still hanging on to their 9900's? In my history of owning BlackBerrys, I never had a need for the one that came before....

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 06:33 PM
    We could go round and round with this until the cows come home - over where cows live. Tell you what...when the trackpad or some kind of pointing device with mouse like capability finds its way back into BlackBerry, I'll be first in line to say "Told you!"
    Deal. I hope it something better than a trackpad though. I'll accept it as long as it is a built in physical peripheral ok? No virtual trackpads!
    12-11-13 06:34 PM
    Not a very good link for your point. The 9900 won communication because of the keyboard for emailing, texting and social media. Nothing to do with the touchscreen. I shipped my 9900 today. Sold it on ebay for $80.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, in that article the Q10 won best keyboard. What won it for communication was OS7, which is built to be navigated via trackpad, and the keyboard is an appropriate afterthought since it was the best available at the time. Here's the quotation: It may seem more than outdated at this point but we still love the ease of use on BBOS 7 as well as that "typing on air" keyboard the Bold 9900/9930 has to offer.
    12-11-13 06:56 PM
    You're going backwards. How does "typing on air" tie into a touchscreen? Go!
    Actually, in that article the Q10 won best keyboard. What won it for communication was OS7, which is built to be navigated via trackpad, and the keyboard is an appropriate afterthought since it was the best available at the time. Here's the quotation: It may seem more than outdated at this point but we still love the ease of use on BBOS 7 as well as that "typing on air" keyboard the Bold 9900/9930 has to offer.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:06 PM
45 12