How common is this issue? Mine came with it and while new, it was from eBay with no warranty. Now I'm just waiting on my precision Torx set to get here so I can fix it.

I've read a lot about it and it seems to be far too common for these keyboards to have passed quality control. Has anyone else dealt with it? I have it on two keys and it's the most annoying thing ever.

Btw, this is NOT the same issue as double typing. This is completely unrelated to firmware . I updated manually to the latest OS even just out of hope from those who don't know the difference between this and double typing. The problem persisted, of course.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 07:54 PM
    This is a very common problem, somewhere along the line, the tiny discs that click behind your keys shifted and they are not where they are supposed to be, but have heard of people removing the back of their keypad assembly and repositioning the discs to the centre of their corresponding ring, however, I have bought two replacement keypads one oem and one black and gold from AliExpress and they both work fine without issue, I actually have to replace this q10 keypad due to a hypersensitive w key. Good luck. New keypads are really cheap, anywhere from 8-20 dollars is typical pricing
    FCSC likes this.
    09-29-15 10:24 PM
    New keyboard will solve that issue for you. Are you handy / feel comfortable taking apart the phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 09:05 AM
    Yeah mine is W and E. When my screwdriver set gets here I'm just gonna try the method first where you reposition the discs. Really wish quality control did a better job when releasing this device.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 12:37 PM
    Mine came with it and while new, it was from eBay with no warranty.
    I'm sorry to say that it's pretty obvious : the model you bought on eBay is a refurbished unit... Don't you have a delay to return it and get back your money ? You better buy one from shop BlackBerry.
    09-30-15 02:41 PM
    Hypersensitive keys...-q10-keyboard.jpg

here's a photo of the "discs" the other posted about
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-30-15 04:17 PM
    since you're waiting on your torx set anyways, I would go ahead and order a replacement keyboard while you're at it in case you mess this one up.... good luck.... BTW, you will need a very tiny Phillips screwdriver when dealing with unscrewing the keyboard.... VERY TINY
    09-30-15 04:19 PM
    I'm sorry to say that it's pretty obvious : the model you bought on eBay is a refurbished unit... Don't you have a delay to return it and get back your money ? You better buy one from shop BlackBerry.
    No it was not. I know the difference between new and used. Also BlackBerry no longer sells the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:16 PM
    since you're waiting on your torx set anyways, I would go ahead and order a replacement keyboard while you're at it in case you mess this one up.... good luck.... BTW, you will need a very tiny Phillips screwdriver when dealing with unscrewing the keyboard.... VERY TINY
    Oh I got pretty much every size of Phillips you can find.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:18 PM
    Oh I got pretty much every size of Phillips you can find.

Posted via CB10
    It's PH002 or something crazy

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 08:33 PM
    Man I have the same issue. Updated to new os and it didn't do anything. Thing is the issue started when I wasn't even using the phone and it was on the shelf. Mine are Z and R.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 07:09 PM