How will screen orientation work / App support for different resolutions
Just curious on how the screen orientation will work? Not only are the screen different orientations (portrait vs landscape), but they are also completely different resolution ratios (1.66:1 for L-series and 1:1 for N-series).
Will this cause concern for apps that are designed to run in portrait mode in a rectangular resolution? The N-series will have a square 1:1 resolution ratio... To me that sounds like there will be some compatibility issues or it will be a pain in the arse for developpers. Perhaps give them another excuse not to develop for BB10 if they have to develop for 2 screen ratios in both landscape and portrait...
Has this been discussed already?
- 11-28-12, 10:11 AM #4
Its not like they haven't dealt with this before... Look at the Torch lineup compared to the traditional Bold and Curve models. Same for Android they must have come up with some easy way to manage it all with the giant diversity of phone sizes and types that are on the market.
- 11-28-12, 12:17 PM #6
L-Series = 1280 x 720
N-Series = 720 x 720
So on the L-Series you'll be presented with more info because of the bigger screen but on the N-Series you would just have to scroll up or down a bit to see more info. I would imagine RIM will give Devs the option to create separate apps as well for each resolution if needed. Hopefully this diagram will help explain better.
- By torchrunnr in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 04-17-11, 11:01 PM
- By torchrunnr in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 6Last Post: 04-17-11, 11:01 PM
- By The_Engine in forum News & RumorsReplies: 8Last Post: 09-28-10, 05:37 PM
- By bdad14 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 09-28-10, 12:18 PM
- By NJ Valid in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 50Last Post: 04-02-09, 07:57 PM