Hello

I'm still debating about getting a Q10 but want to know how well does it work with an iMac. I currently have an iPhone 5, so naturally it works well with my iMac. just wondering how well the Q10 will work?

Thanks
    05-27-13 12:48 AM
    I've been using the Z10 with a MacBook Air for the last couple months. BlackBerry Link works well for my needs.
    05-27-13 01:30 AM
    It definitely does not work as well with the mac as an iphone. Addressbook and calendar do not sync. I am hoping BlackBerry will correct this problem some time soon. Reminder also does not sync. My videos are also not syncing all the time but this may be because I'm using OSX 10.8. I get a back up fail message

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:59 AM
    Thanks, I guess my main concern is how well does Music, calendar and Contacts transfer over?
    05-29-13 12:51 PM
    Thanks, I guess my main concern is how well does Music, calendar and Contacts transfer over?
    It works great! You do not need even mac for contacts and calendar. iCloud integrated BB10 Hub and I never had any problem. iTines and iPhoto works great with Blackberry Link. Just remember, iPhone or any iOS devices and Mac OS X is very mature systems and BB10 is very new, but to be honest on my Blackberry Q10 any iCloud and Gmail accounts works much better then Android and iPhone. The only transfer you have to do is music from iTunes, others setting up like iPhone, very easy way.
    05-29-13 03:37 PM
    I have had no issue syncing music and photos from my Mac book to my z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 03:39 PM
    The Q10 does not sync with iCloud at present

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 05:45 PM
    The Q10 does not sync with iCloud at present

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it does.
    05-29-13 05:53 PM
    It used to work but not with the current software update .273

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 02:25 AM
    It used to work but not with the current software update .273

Posted via CB10
    If you are using the latest OS Version icloud Mail and contacts are fine, Calendar is currently not syncing though but did work before.

Hopefully calendar sync will be fixed soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 04:07 AM
    Hello

I'm still debating about getting a Q10 but want to know how well does it work with an iMac. I currently have an iPhone 5, so naturally it works well with my iMac. just wondering how well the Q10 will work?

Thanks
    That's a great question? I've always thought that Apple products were never supported and connectivity is trouble some for a lot of folks!

What is the solution for linking and syncing a bb device to an apple computing device!? I'm curious about this as well!?

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    05-30-13 09:48 AM
    I've got a MacBk Pro and I find the following:

When transferring contacts from my 9900 to the Q10, I got some but not all of them.. I am in process of manually moving over those contacts that I need and did not get during the transfer through Link. Also, some of the contacts that did come over were actually LinkedIn or BBM or some other application but did not include the info I had on 9900. I had to add that manually.

If you are going to transfer music, I would recommend that you do it manually, go into your SD card on the Q10 and C/P..

As far as Link is concerned...its OK, but to me definitely needs some work: There is no manual Sync Button and I find sometimes it syncs..and other times it does not. My feeling is "give me control" please.

As for photo's..I don't want all 3683 photos taken in the last 10 years on my phone...once again i do it manually..I have control over that.

But thats me. Link does what I need it to do and that is back up my data and contacts (once they're in there)

Rgds,

Stk
    05-30-13 10:34 AM
    I've got a MacBk Pro and I find the following:

When transferring contacts from my 9900 to the Q10, I got some but not all of them.. I am in process of manually moving over those contacts that I need and did not get during the transfer through Link. Also, some of the contacts that did come over were actually LinkedIn or BBM or some other application but did not include the info I had on 9900. I had to add that manually.

If you are going to transfer music, I would recommend that you do it manually, go into your SD card on the Q10 and C/P..

As far as Link is concerned...its OK, but to me definitely needs some work: There is no manual Sync Button and I find sometimes it syncs..and other times it does not. My feeling is "give me control" please.

As for photo's..I don't want all 3683 photos taken in the last 10 years on my phone...once again i do it manually..I have control over that.

But thats me. Link does what I need it to do and that is back up my data and contacts (once they're in there)

Rgds,

Stk
    I used blue tooth to transfer my contacts from my 9900. Seemed to work quick and easy for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 11:17 AM