1721 is the radio version of os version 1720

Quick question: I flashed both the OS and radio files. Now, my Q10 shows OS version 10.1.0.1880 (yay), and radio version 10.1.0.1721.

I'm curious why the radio version doesn't show 10.1.0.273 (like the radio restore.exe). I tried reflashing the radio .exe but radio still shows 10.1.0.1721 in my Q10's About>OS.

Any advice?
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    geekaren likes this.
    05-18-13 01:17 PM
    here is files to os .1880 for Q10
    plus 2 difrent radios
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-match-808595/
    05-18-13 01:29 PM
    Thanks so much Lyricidal and zocster for your helpful responses! I was worried I'd botched it. Glad to know I'm all set. :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 01:40 PM
    LBFE posted newer radio. Get to it

Thanks so much Lyricidal and zocster for your helpful responses! I was worried I'd botched it. Glad to know I'm all set. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    geekaren likes this.
    05-18-13 01:55 PM
    Cool (done)! :-D

Thanks rocster and lbfe!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 02:53 PM
    If you're like me and like to have the latest OS on your device, this is how to get the leaked 10.1.0.1880 onto your Q10.

As usual, let me start by saying try this at your own risk. I will add that I have tried it and am currently using it on my Q10, which is my current daily device.

With that out of the way, here are the steps:
    1. Backup your device with BlackBerry Link before anything! Download here if you haven't already: BlackBerry Link

2. Download the Q10 radio autoloader.exe I have created using the radio file I retrieved with Sachup: 10.1.0.1721-Q10-radio.restore.exe

3. Download and install the leaked OS from this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-3-a-808489/ - Big thanks to them for putting the OS out there for us all!
    Note: yes, it is for the Z10 and yes, any one will do. (I used STL100-3 version as I also have a Z10 that I updated with this earlier today)

4. When installation is complete you will see the Incompatible Radio Image error on your screen, launch the radio restore .exe from step 2 and restart your device.

5. Enter password if required and let it load the radio file.

6. Restore with BlackBerry Link

7. Enjoy

As stated before I have tried this myself and it is working as you can see in the screenshots below:

Note: these steps also work for SQN100-3, as the radio files are the same.

If you would like to downgrade from this build, the autoloader.exe for that is available here: 10.1.0.1720-Q10.exe
    There is a quick guide on how to install that here: How To Install Leaked OS to BlackBerry Q10/Z10

FAQ
    How does this work?
    When installing the leaked OS it installs the core update of the OS as well as the incompatible radio. After running the radio restore autoloader it loads the proper radio file onto the device while keeping the core update in tact.

What are the benefits?
    There will be a wide variety of changes depending on what version you are coming from. One specific update (which probably caused me to embark on this "journey" in the first place) is that WhatsApp has it's own hub icon with this update and I'm an avid user of it. Other things may include potentially better battery (depending on your usage) and other updates that 10.1 already lists.

Android runtime doesn't seem to be working, what gives?
    It does work it will just take a little longer to start up the very first time. After that it is smooth sailing from there.

Sorry for the newbie question but when you instruct to download and run such and such, I assume you mean on to your pc then run everything while connected to your Q via usb cable?? Appreciate the info on how to do these upgrades but rather check and be sure. Only way to learn. Tia.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    05-18-13 05:38 PM
    it is simple to install ...
    You download them
    You connect your phone
    You double click on the .exe for the upgrade software
    phone reboot with an error
    you double click on the .exe for the radio
    Phone restart =

you're done!
    mfreedmn97 likes this.
    05-18-13 10:40 PM
    Nope....
    As someone else mentioned..whats the password?
    05-19-13 11:49 AM
    it is simple to install ...
    You download them
    You connect your phone
    You double click on the .exe for the upgrade software
    phone reboot with an error
    you double click on the .exe for the radio
    Phone restart =

you're done!
    Does it wipe your data?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:54 AM
    if there is a password it was mine i put on the device so only me know ...

And yes it wipes all data that s why it's better to have a back up with link...
    05-20-13 10:42 PM
    Dude - finally got around to this. Worked as instructed. Well done and thank you. Again. Can't wait for the leak of 10.2 now
    05-21-13 01:34 PM
    Getting my Q10 in a few hours and about to try this!

One question: Can I use .1880 with one of the radio files posted by the OP? LBFE's radio file links have been shut down.
    05-24-13 01:11 AM
    I have horrendous battery life on this OS ? anybody else suffer the same fate?
    05-24-13 03:34 AM
    Sorry for the newbie question but when you instruct to download and run such and such, I assume you mean on to your pc then run everything while connected to your Q via usb cable?? Appreciate the info on how to do these upgrades but rather check and be sure. Only way to learn. Tia.
    Yes, via USB

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-24-13 08:14 PM
    If you're like me and like to have the latest OS on your device, this is how to get the leaked 10.1.0.1880 onto your Q10.

As usual, let me start by saying try this at your own risk. I will add that I have tried it and am currently using it on my Q10, which is my current daily device.

With that out of the way, here are the steps:
    1. Backup your device with BlackBerry Link before anything! Download here if you haven't already: BlackBerry Link

2. Download the Q10 radio autoloader for 10.1.0.1721 here: 10.1.0.1721-Q10-radio.restore.exe
    or for 10.1.0.1757, posted by Ibfe, here: 10.1.0.1757-Q10-radio.restore.exe

3. Download and install the leaked OS from this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-3-a-808489/ - Big thanks to them for putting the OS out there for us all!
    Note: yes, it is for the Z10 and yes, any one will do. (I used STL100-3 version as I also have a Z10 that I updated with this earlier today)

4. When installation is complete you will see the Incompatible Radio Image error on your screen, launch the radio restore .exe from step 2 and restart your device.

5. Enter password if required and let it load the radio file.

6. Restore with BlackBerry Link

7. Enjoy

As stated before I have tried this myself and it is working as you can see in the screenshots below:

Note: these steps also work for SQN100-3, as the radio files are the same.

If you would like to downgrade from this build, the autoloader.exe for that is available here: 10.1.0.1720-Q10.exe
    There is a quick guide on how to install that here: How To Install Leaked OS to BlackBerry Q10/Z10

FAQ
    How does this work?
    When installing the leaked OS it installs the core update of the OS as well as the incompatible radio. After running the radio restore autoloader it loads the proper radio file onto the device while keeping the core update in tact.

What are the benefits?
    There will be a wide variety of changes depending on what version you are coming from. One specific update (which probably caused me to embark on this "journey" in the first place) is that WhatsApp has it's own hub icon with this update and I'm an avid user of it. Other things may include potentially better battery (depending on your usage) and other updates that 10.1 already lists.

Android runtime doesn't seem to be working, what gives?
    It does work it will just take a little longer to start up the very first time. After that it is smooth sailing from there.
    Is your Q10 radio file the most uptodate?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-24-13 08:15 PM
    It was til the new leak arrived yesterday: http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-10102342-blackberry-q10

Q10SQN100-1/10.1.0.2342 - working well so far

Posted via CB10 with my Q10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    05-25-13 08:36 AM
66 123