I've been a BB user since the very early '00's, and never had to use a forum to figure out how to use the latest version, but this has me stumped.

I kept a lot of important stuff in the "memopad" application of my BB8530. The stuff does not appear to have been ported over to my Q10.

Could someone explain the procedure to do so?

After a couple of months, I have to say I'm disappointed with the Q10. RIM dropped the ball for those of us who simply wanted a BB that kept the bullet proof keyboard that allowed one to write lengthy memos / emails on the fly without having the cursor jump around the page and screens sliding around seemingly on a random basis, but had much better internet capabilities.

Some bright spark should write a BB8530 app that turns the Q10 into a 'dumb mode" that mimics the 8530 in every respect except keep the better internet access. It's infuriating not to be able to pound away on the keyboard without having to constantly check whether I have inadvertantly activated some other feature as I type with fingers, (not thumbs...).

In any event, some help on the 8530 memo pad application transfer to the Q10 would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
    08-24-13 10:38 AM
    If you used BBlink to do a device switch your memo's should now be found in the unfilled entries section of the remember app on your Q10.

As for the rest of your post.. try not to compare your new Q10 to your legacy blackberry so much..it's a very different device. Step back, and evaluate it for it's own merits, it's actually quite impressive.

That said, there is definitely a learning curve, so don't be afraid to ask questions.. the crackberry forums are a great resource, if something is frustrating you with your new device, chances are it's a lack of understanding rather then a lack of capability. The folks here know your device better then anybody, so spending a little time chatting with them can open up a world of possibilities!
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    08-24-13 10:52 AM
    Where's the remember app? I have 3 screens of apps, few of which that I use, but no remember app....
    08-24-13 11:37 AM
    Remember is in first tab

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    08-24-13 01:59 PM
    To the right of App world and the left of Docs.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    08-24-13 02:01 PM