Hey everyone,

My colleague is switching from a Z10 to a Q10 and is looking to transfer his Password Keeper (App made by BBRY) data from the Z10 to Q10. Anyone find out how to do this?

Thanks.
    05-23-13 12:25 PM
    I'm looking for this possibility too!
    05-23-13 12:48 PM
    Hey everyone,

My colleague is switching from a Z10 to a Q10 and is looking to transfer his Password Keeper (App made by BBRY) data from the Z10 to Q10. Anyone find out how to do this?

Thanks.
    Ensure that the Q10 does NOT, I repeat does NOT HAVE PASSWORD KEEPER installed.

Use BBLink to switch devices.

KB33523-After migrating to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, settings, data, or applications, are missing http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

"Password Keeper

The Password Keeper data is migrated during a device switch, but the application is not included by default with theBlackBerry 10OS.
    OpenBlackBerryWorld and search for Password Keeper.Downloadandinstalltheapplicationinorderto useyour existing data.Once installed the application should prompt for the password thatwasused on theprevioussmartphone."

Some other KB's,

Importing Password Keeper after migration (to use on Q10, after migration, then install Password Keeper)

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Should it Gail - a reminder why Password Keeper should not first be installed on the Q10 when migrating from Z10 or other device,

KB33623-Password Keeper data is not restored when using BlackBerry Link http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

I hope this helps in a timely fashion.

Posted via CB10
    Litag8r and SteelGreek like this.
    05-23-13 01:08 PM
    Password keeper data is restored as part of settings, not as part of application data.
    05-23-13 01:39 PM
    The Password Keeper data is part of the settings and using BBLink to do a backup of the old device, and only restore back the Settings onto the Q10 should work... BUT ...no way (yet) to only copy the single database...

Be aware - that some older OS versions .. 10.0.9 etc - had issues with restoring only the settings...
    05-23-13 05:33 PM
    Somewhere I just detailed my problems with this exact issue on this forum. Here it is: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post8538791

You CAN restore a single database--but only on a PC. On the MAC version of Link, you get everything (and more than everything). From what I saw the Password Keeper data and settings are different databases that you can restore on the PC.

Also you can backup from a legacy device using Desktop and "restore" the PK data using Link on the new device.

It only took me 6 hours.
    Last edited by Litag8r; 05-24-13 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Found link to reference.
    05-24-13 04:44 PM
    There's no option to restore individual databases on the PC version of link... All you get is Settings, Applications, and Media. Password Keeper data is part of Settings.
    05-24-13 04:52 PM
    Password keeper data is restored as part of settings, not as part of application data.
    The Password Keeper data is part of the settings and using BBLink to do a backup of the old device, and only restore back the Settings onto the Q10 should work... BUT ...no way (yet) to only copy the single database...

Be aware - that some older OS versions .. 10.0.9 etc - had issues with restoring only the settings...
    Password Keeper data is part of a database. It is not part of the systems settings, wasn't in legacy nor in current BB10 devices. Settings holds access to keyboard shortcuts, notifications, sounds, About etc. It's not part of settings ... else it would be exposed.

I've posted long before you specific support documents directly from the source, BlackBerry. I'm not sure where you get that PW Keeper holds data in "Settings" or whom told you guys that. Don't confuse "Settings" part of the OS system Settings with Password Keeper ... they are not interchangeable and doing so confuses the matter beyond the solution I've research, provided, and had a few years experience doing on various BBOS before at various enterprise industries.

There's no option to restore individual databases on the PC version of link... All you get is Settings, Applications, and Media. Password Keeper data is part of Settings.
    Not individual as per the legacy OS ... but you still can be generically selective. Password keeper data is NOT ... I repeat NOT part of Settings. Please stop mixing the two up.

Article ID: KB13513 - How to transfer the Password Keeper database to a new BlackBerry smartphone from an existing BlackBerry smartphone

The word "database" is used 4 times in that article, not once is the word settings used.

Article ID: KB11545 - Unable to restore the Password Keeper database

Article ID: KB24857 - “A password entry created on #/#/#### is protected by an old password” appears when the Password Keeper application is logged in to.

Again database is used not the word Settings.

Finally ...

Article ID: KB13428 - How to backup and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

^ that is most likely the ONLY Password Keeper document by BlackBerry where you'll find the word "Settings" used ... and its specifically done only 2 times in context of where to perform an action not the data from Password Keeper.

BB 6/7.1
    "Full (all device data and settings)."
    &
    "Select Device Data and Settings."

3 different examples of articles, spaning 2 different years 2011, 2012, and 2013. Password keeper data is NOT ... I repeat not part of Settings. You guys may have meant the same as db ... but mixing them up tends to confuse others who are not even sure what the difference is and they go looking in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Supa_Fly1; 05-25-13 at 01:13 AM. Reason: BB KB Articles proving PW Keeper content is in a database, not Settings.
    05-25-13 01:02 AM
    Password Keeper data is part of a database. It is not part of the systems settings, wasn't in legacy nor in current BB10 devices. Settings holds access to keyboard shortcuts, notifications, sounds, About etc. It's not part of settings ... else it would be exposed. I've posted long before you specific support documents directly from the source, BlackBerry. I'm not sure where you get that PW Keeper holds data in "Settings" or whom told you guys that. Don't confuse "Settings" part of the OS system Settings with Password Keeper ... they are not interchangeable and doing so confuses the matter beyond the solution I've research, provided, and had a few years experience doing on various BBOS before at various enterprise industries. Not individual as per the legacy OS ... but you still can be generically selective. Password keeper data is NOT ... I repeat NOT part of Settings. Please stop mixing the two up.Article ID: KB13513 - How to transfer the Password Keeper database to a new BlackBerry smartphone from an existing BlackBerry smartphoneThe word "database" is used 4 times in that article, not once is the word settings used.Article ID: KB11545 - Unable to restore the Password Keeper databaseArticle ID: KB24857 - “A password entry created on #/#/#### is protected by an old password” appears when the Password Keeper application is logged in to.Again database is used not the word Settings. Finally ... Article ID: KB13428 - How to backup and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software.^ that is most likely the ONLY Password Keeper document by BlackBerry where you'll find the word "Settings" used ... and its specifically done only 2 times in context of where to perform an action not the data from Password Keeper. BB 6/7.1 "Full (all device data and settings)." & "Select Device Data and Settings."3 different examples of articles, spaning 2 different years 2011, 2012, and 2013. Password keeper data is NOT ... I repeat not part of Settings. You guys may have meant the same as db ... but mixing them up tends to confuse others who are not even sure what the difference is and they go looking in the wrong place.
    With BB10, (NOT talking older BBOS here) when you use BlackBerry Link to do a 'selective' backup/restore - the database which contains the Password Keeper data, is being backed up/restored When the 'Settings' is selected. So Yes, it Is in its own database, but for regular users, if they want to restore Password Keeper data from a full backup they have done on another BB10 device, they need to choose to restore 'Settings'.So until BlackBerry gives the common user a way to selectively restore individual databases, the only way to get restored Password Keeper data from a backup, is to either restore the full backup, OR - to choose to restore only the 'Settings' portion of it.
    05-25-13 01:24 AM
    With BB10, (NOT talking older BBOS here) when you use BlackBerry Link to do a 'selective' backup/restore - the database which contains the Password Keeper data, is being backed up/restored When the 'Settings' is selected. So Yes, it Is in its own database, but for regular users, if they want to restore Password Keeper data from a full backup they have done on another BB10 device, they need to choose to restore 'Settings'.So until BlackBerry gives the common user a way to selectively restore individual databases, the only way to get restored Password Keeper data from a backup, is to either restore the full backup, OR - to choose to restore only the 'Settings' portion of it.
    ^ that is a better explanation from your point of view (and anyone using BBLink. It was clear to me earlier reading this thread before I posted. Fair enough and thanks for the clarity

Cheers.
    05-26-13 09:21 PM