Now I know that my SIM card reader on my Q10 is broken (at least I'm 99% sure).
    Local service centres are not able to repair the reader (I was asking every service center here in Czech Republic and Slovakia).
    I don't have a warranty papers and I can't just use it to replace the whole device.

It seems that the only "solution" is to try disassemble the Q10 a try to fix the reader.
    My question is: How to diagnose what is the problem with the reader?
    After that I could try to fix this problem. This would be the second question: How to fix it?

Do you have experience with such a repair?
    I really need help I'm out of any ideas...
    07-13-13 03:16 AM
    Honestly, I think that sort of repair would be better done by a professional. If you have a copy of your purchase, I'm sure warranty would cover this.
    07-13-13 10:01 AM
    I don't have any copy of purchase I really don't have anything that could be used for a warranty repair.
    I've got only IMEI but it doesn't work like for Apple iPhones that you can just bring the phone with international warranty without any papers and they will replace your phone.

I found on google that there is a website Blackberry Q10 Sim Card Reader Holder Repair Service regarding repairing SIM card reader in BB Q10.

Do you know this service? I'm thinking to send my BB to them...
    07-13-13 10:39 AM
    I've had no dealings with them. Can't make a recommendation either way.
    07-13-13 10:59 AM
    It's a difficult job I think, I hope u get it fixed tho

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 11:02 AM
    The question is: How do you break it?
    07-13-13 11:50 AM
    The question is: How do you break it?
    It just stops working.
    Every pin in the reader is in correct position. I tried to push the SIM card with the slice of paper in case the tray is not pushing it to the pin but with no result. I tried security wipe and installing latest firmware but with no luck.
    I tried everything related to the OS that could be the cause of this so I think this is the HW problem.
    Do you have any idea what could be wrong? I concluded that it is by broken SIM card read (somehow).
    07-13-13 12:41 PM
    Did you ever use a SIM card adapter in the phone or cut down a larger SIM? The SIM card adapters can break the reader pins and the older SIM cards cut down can be too thick.

Not to ask the obvious, but have you tried another SIM and is the Q10 supported by your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:50 PM
    Did you ever use a SIM card adapter in the phone or cut down a larger SIM? The SIM card adapters can break the reader pins and the older SIM cards cut down can be too thick.

Not to ask the obvious, but have you tried another SIM and is the Q10 supported by your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    Pins on the SIM card reader is not broken and in correct position I've checked it.
    I use original (not cut down or with an adapter) microSIM card which works without any problems in my Blackberry Z10.
    In Q10 it doesn't work and I also tried it with different microSIM card and the result is the same.
    When there is no problem with Z10 and my microSIM card I assume it should be also working in Q10. Or is there any difference?
    07-13-13 01:29 PM
    09-01-13 01:20 PM
    Cinky did you solve the problem? If yes, how? I have the same problem...

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:36 AM
    problem solved check cellulartech.ca they are in canada
    09-10-13 09:15 PM