The last few months have been extremely successful across the globe for BB10, yet not so much in the US. I don't have the numbers, however it seems to be the consensus thus far. So if you are in the US will you be getting a Q10 this coming month? Let's put a number on it!! Would love to see how many are out there.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    05-31-13 12:09 AM
    I will! Pre-ordered it last night.
    05-31-13 12:13 AM
    You are asking this on a site devoted to all things BlackBerry. The results will be skewed.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald and CarGuy1368 like this.
    05-31-13 12:19 AM
    You are asking this on a site devoted to all things BlackBerry. The results will be skewed.

Posted via CB10
    No it won't, I'm trying to find out how many American Crackberry users are buying a Q10! Not rocket science

bodjor likes this.
    05-31-13 12:23 AM

05-31-13 12:24 AM
    ordered 2 for my office, 2 more soon, and one for my wife
    05-31-13 12:32 AM
    Patiently waiting.
    05-31-13 12:39 AM
    i def will
    05-31-13 12:57 AM
    Posting from mine. Love this thing.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 01:05 AM

I figure, perhaps incorrectly, that there should be some correlation between the level of relative success in the US between the Z10 and the Q10. I don't see how the US would be expected to be either up or down so far as the appeal of a qwerty keyboard.

If it's true that the Z10 has been less enthusiastically received in the US it might be due to its deferred launch here (and it's the same case for the Q10). We don't like to wait and we especially don't like to be shuffled to the back of the line. This has added to the brand resistance that built up over the last few years of withering press coverage of BlackBerry. As consumers we can be fickle frontrunners. We want to be on the side we read is winning.

I know plenty of people who found their ways to the local genius bar to buy an IPhone for reasons they couldn't quite explain. A fair number of them don't even particularly like the IPhone. Don't misunderstand, I fully acknowledge that it was a great phone in its day. The Apple displays are still prominent in US carrier stores and business still brisk. Maybe it's just the calm before the post-Jobs storm, but it's definitely settled into a dull automaton plateau over there; the action, interest and activity is, right now at least, on the other side, with the Droids, WPs and yes, to some extent, BlackBerry. Even the Apple drones, lifelessly lining up to receive their replacement units, have seemed to have lost their edge and have been sneaking glances in the other, previously unthinkable direction. Some of this must be credited to the the way Google took Apple's measure and moved on, looking for all the world as if they'd put Apple in their rear view mirror if not entirely out of mind. It was as if the market collectively held its breath when Google moved forward, as if awaiting some masterful counterstroke/hammer-blow from Apple. That hasn't happened and Google marches on. The priceless idea of Apple invincibility is at least cracked and there is at least a sliver of genuine opportunity, beyond Google's continued success, for WP and for BlackBerry.

This hasn't happened to me for 5, maybe even 10 years -- I've got a number of people actually bugging for info about when the Q10 will be available for their carriers. In most cases, these are old holdouts keeping their pre-9800 BlackBerry alive. But they don't ask about the latest Galaxy or 928 or IPhone. They only want a modern qwerty Q10. FWIW.
    05-31-13 01:07 AM
    I'm getting one, Pre-ordered!
    05-31-13 03:10 AM
    Pre-ordered two today from VZW -- a white one for my wife and a black one for me. Finally!
    05-31-13 03:31 AM
    I am with AT&T and they have not even announced this device yet. Nt changing carriers to get it.
    05-31-13 03:33 AM
    @mmcpher

What a well written post.
    You've described the behaviour of end users very well. People buy into something they don't fully understand, justify it to themselves, and then find it hard to say "actually I can get something better somewhere else". It's only us technology freaks and early adopters who know exactly how what we have falls short and exactly what it would take for us to jump ship.
    I've posted elsewhere that Google has adopted a mindset that pulls developers and associates into its R&D environment, thus getting far more minds engaged in what can be done with Google technology (which is how IBM now works) while Apple is locked in the old corporate Microsoft-style "keep everything secret until the last minute". Apple has become an old-style blue suit company (and it was going there under Jobs, this is not new). It makes tools for 21st century workers, but its mindset is still in the 20th century. Google's mindset seems to be on the next two decades. Microsoft just seems to be all over the shop. And the new BlackBerry seems to be going more down the Google route, with love for developers, early access to devices, listening to the users. Interesting times.
    05-31-13 03:34 AM
    Pre-ordered mine last night!
    05-31-13 03:50 AM

We do not need to know about your kinky habits.
    05-31-13 05:29 AM
    The key to future US sales of BB10 devices is cross platform BBM. Blacberry NEEDS to bring all the new BBM features across platforms as soon as possible and if they can do that while keeping up with iphone/galaxy specs like they're doing now (and for f**ks sake, release phones quicker after announcements), they will start making a dent in the samsung/apple US market share and officially be back in the game.

The key is BBM though. Current users will get friends and family using it and that's what will have people start looking into blackberries again. Then it's up to BBRY and BB10 to impress them enough.
    05-31-13 06:51 AM
    I'm going to guess more than none, and only slightly less than some.

JB
    05-31-13 07:02 AM
    No it won't, I'm trying to find out how many American Crackberry users are buying a Q10! Not rocket science

nope, sorry don't want it
    05-31-13 07:06 AM
    nope, sorry don't want it
    gtfo
    05-31-13 07:51 AM
    gtfo
    Typical BlackBerry fanboy response.

Posted via CB10
    djslam likes this.
    05-31-13 08:04 AM
    Can't wait!
    05-31-13 08:13 AM
    I've been waiting for the Q10 since the day I bought my 9930. I was going to pre-order but I'd rather walk into my neighborhood Verizon store and pick it up next Thursday or Friday.
    05-31-13 08:14 AM
    Ordered 3 Thursday morning.

Have to call and fix a couple issues but kind of do not want to mess up the order process.

MY question is a little different.

Was the wait for the announcement to finally come harder or easier than the wait we currently have of 1 week.
    05-31-13 08:27 AM
    If there is any lackluster excitement and demand in the US for the Z10 or Q10, its purely been because of the poor US carrier response. They've been habitually late and uninformative with the device and OS launches. They've done a ****-poor job of communicating with their customers and getting information out ahead of the launch. I'm on AT&T, but got my Z10 directly from BlackBerry. And yet I still have frustration because AT&T drags their **** on OS releases. Still waiting on 10.1 to be officially released,and still no word yet on the Q10 release. They've all put forth less effort on BlackBerry 10 devices than other platforms they offer, some US carriers much worse than others IMO. Getting the Q10 has been extremely frustrating for many I know, some so much so, they've made the jump to other devices already. How many would buy the Z10 or Q10 if they didn't have to deal with the US carriers would be a better question in the US. Both products have done very well world-wide, and could do so much better in the US. And a US carrier sponsoring a party or two when they do finally launch in the US doesn't make up for the poor marketing effort.

Ok, sorry....my rant is over. LOL, had to get that out.
    brout and John Pawling like this.
    05-31-13 08:28 AM
88 123 ...