At first glance, I thought it was just a matter of keyboard or no keyboard. I just assumed I would go for the keyboard because I've always hated on-screen keyboards, it's half the reason I got a BB in the first place (the trackpad was the other half - gone but not forgotten, RIP ).

Then I did a simplistic use case analysis on how I use my BB and decided having the full size screen was >50% of what mattered so should I take the risk on the Z10? Plus, having all my inboxes aggregated in the HUB kinda suggests I should be able to see as many messages as possible without scrolling, so the very design of BB10 seems to say "big screen". And anyway, when it comes down to it the biggest hate factor for any phone for me is poor battery life, if that was okay then maybe I could get used to an on-screen keyboard?

In the end it came down to big screen (available now) or big battery (available whenever?), so I ended up buying the Z10 with the intention to give it a chance until the Q10 was out and if the combination of battery and on-screen keyboard was just not working for me, I'd switch.

It's been a month now and the Q10 is imminent, but my verdict is I'll be sticking with the Z10. The battery could certainly be better but with the help of Battery Guru to keep track it is just about good enough. The keyboard occasionally drives me up the wall but 95% of the time it is fantastic, better than I had hoped. And the big screen proves its worth constantly, as well as just looking gorgeous

What was the deciding factor for everyone else? I'm guessing since I'm posting this in the Q10 forum, most people reading it will prefer Q10...

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-16-13 09:34 AM
    Easy decision....the wife needs a new phone... i got a new phone for her....it does not matter what phone, as long as it was a blackberry...it so happened that it was the z10 that was available...lol....

Because the mom got a new phone, now the teenager wants a new phone too, to replace her almost one year old 9900....the decision is also easy; wait for the q10, since we already have the zee....
    04-16-13 09:41 AM
    easy decision for me. Grabbed the z10 on launch day and getting the q10 when released LOL best of both worlds. i do think the q10 will end up being my daily driver and the z10 will either get docked in my card for media and gps or it will end up being my ipod touch like device. either way im happy LOL
    04-16-13 10:09 AM
    Easy decision my friend, I'd like to refer you to my article that I just posted before seeing your post
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=796362

Ps. It's a Q10
    04-16-13 11:12 AM
    After using z10 since release I can only imagine the OS was made for Q not Z like you think.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:27 AM
    My contract is up on VZW. I was considering getting the Nexus 5 (or whatever it may be called) but I miss having a real keyboard. I've never owned a BlackBerry but I've heard they have the best keyboards. I'm leaning towards the Q10 but heck I might go with the Z10 just to try something new from Android. I love it to death but I love all tech in general. BB10 being the reincarnation of WebOS helps too. :-)
    04-16-13 01:51 PM
    Depends on how many of the Z10's apps come to the Q10 and how well the Q10 is supported by devs.

That square screen is making me nervous.
    04-16-13 02:06 PM
    I need my keyboard. I have an iphone 4, ipad, and macbook pro for a bigger screen device when needed but for my phone where I write emails and text a lot, f**k the touch keyboard. I tried the z10 out in the store but it's just not the same, I really dislike typing on a touch screen. I've loved every bit of my 9930 experience save for the occasional freeze up which can happen on any platform.

Larger screen + Keyboad + BB10 + the new specs and battery = easy decision.
    04-16-13 02:08 PM
    For me I wanted the flagship device of blackberry. Which was z10

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 02:21 PM
    Depends on how many of the Z10's apps come to the Q10 and how well the Q10 is supported by devs.

That square screen is making me nervous.
    Developers like money. If they develop for BB10, they'll want to support all the devices so they can make as much as possible (this isn't a bad thing). The ones that don't or flat out refuse probably aren't worth your time anyway.

Speaking of apps, since I've learned a lot of C this year at university perhaps I'll work on a native BB10 app.
    04-16-13 02:23 PM
    I'll miss the bigger screen but I really want the keyboard back for shortcuts and such. I find having a real keyboard makes a BB much, much more efficient. And hopefully the smaller screen and bigger battery will allow it to get through a full day. Just troubleshooting a friends 9790 yesterday made me really want to get another 9900 since they are just so quick at getting at things... but I know I just have to hold on another few weeks. Hopefully the reviews are good and praying that they'll reintroduce holster profiles.
    04-16-13 02:33 PM
    I chose Q10 because:
    1. looks better
    2. Type N Go feature
    3. expectedly better battery life
    4. non-plastic
    moralcode and dobermans rule like this.
    04-16-13 02:52 PM
    Developers like money. If they develop for BB10, they'll want to support all the devices so they can make as much as possible (this isn't a bad thing). The ones that don't or flat out refuse probably aren't worth your time anyway
    The concern is more the path to market. They have to adjust a fair bit for that screen and layout. The Z10 is a more natural fit for ports from other platforms.
    04-16-13 05:26 PM
    I hate going in and out of apps. It's the reason the hub is great, it's the reason social feeds was great (still hoping it makes it to bb10), and it's the reason I love physical keyboards (and hopefully type n go). With the Q10 I can turn of the lock screen so I can hit one button and start typing.
    bold007 likes this.
    04-17-13 09:28 AM
    If I get a 10 device at all, it'll be one with a physical keyboard - otherwise, why get a Blackberry at all? They'll have to include at least the following before I dump my 9930 for one:

• Programmable speed-dial
    • Bottom charging contacts
    04-17-13 12:17 PM
    I do have a Z10, but I will get the Q10 whenever it is out. Simply because I had a 9900 and my second mobile is an iPhone. I need the keyboard. Period.

Posted via CB10 from Z10
    04-17-13 12:18 PM
    I loved my 9900 and I love my Z10, naturally I will love my Q10 when I get it - probably more.
    04-17-13 04:37 PM
    If you are a heavy internet user then Z10, if you are heavy on email then Q10. Battery life should be better on Q10 as well...
    04-17-13 08:34 PM