There is also an app called tutorials that is pre downloaded that can be helpful for you too..
    How to get the home screen on Q10?-img_00000132.png

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:09 AM
    Hi, folks!
    I'm not much of a forum visitor, so I hope this post is not redundant However, I haven't seen this issue solved before, so here it is:
    Having an "empty" home screen was one of my main concerns and regrets when I bought my otherwise smashing Q10.
    I managed to compromise by removing all but one icon from the first screen, which was good enough, but it was not the real thing...

And then I accidentally got the home screen with nothing but the clock on it. How? Ta-daaaa: press the lock button on top (screen goes black), then press any number key on the keyboard. The wallpaper with the clock only (and small camera button on the bottom right corner) will show up nice and clean.

HTH.
    03-08-14 07:43 AM
    Doesn't work on my Z10
    Bob
    05-21-14 11:03 AM
    I read all the response to this question but somehow nobody answer it right. How can I go to my MAIN HOME SCREEN where BLANK Screen with TIME and DATE and TINY Camera at the bottom right corner. NOT the APPS PAGES, NOT the CURRENT PAGE and definitely NOT the BBHUB. BTW, is the HUB should always be there on your screen even if you dont want to. I have exchange email, maybe that why its always there. I dont know, I just got this, maybe if anybody knows, I dont have to waste my time to read the manual.

Thanks, if somebody can HELP. GQ
    Although in Help and various BlackBerry and other literature there are references to a "home screen," there is no real home screen in BlackBerry 10. My home screen is whatever I'm doing in the moment. For example, if I'm browsing, and I get a notification, I swipe up slightly to peek and see what it is. If it's important, I swipe to the right and address it from the Hub. If it's not, I slide back down and continue browsing. Fifty percent of the time I leave my BlackBerry open on whatever it was that I was doing last, and fifty percent of the time it's on the Active Frames; I sometimes treat the Active Frames screen as a "home page." If you're looking for a home page like the home page/desktop/wallpaper view on legacy BBOS (7 and earlier), the lock screen trick others have mentioned and the following option are the closest you're gonna get:

... Having an "empty" home screen was one of my main concerns and regrets when I bought my otherwise smashing Q10.
    I managed to compromise by removing all but one icon from the first screen, which was good enough, but it was not the real thing...

And then I accidentally got the home screen with nothing but the clock on it. How? Ta-daaaa: press the lock button on top (screen goes black), then press any number key on the keyboard. The wallpaper with the clock only (and small camera button on the bottom right corner) will show up nice and clean.

HTH.
    05-21-14 12:34 PM
    Hi, folks!
    I'm not much of a forum visitor, so I hope this post is not redundant However, I haven't seen this issue solved before, so here it is:
    Having an "empty" home screen was one of my main concerns and regrets when I bought my otherwise smashing Q10.

HTH.
    That's the lock-screen. Mine is filled up with my notifications and a message in case I lost my phone.

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    05-21-14 12:38 PM
    That's coming in the next update 10.3

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 03:34 PM
    RTFM. Thats all very well, but the first mention of navigating to the home page is on p26, which shows a page full of things you can click on, just as does the help section within the smartphone. Whereas what I got to see when I first switched on was just a blue screen with time and dateand nothing to click on .It would have been kind had BB indicated that what the user will see will not necessarily be identical to what they call a home screen, which I had imagined would be the first thing one would see after switching on ( which they call a Starting Page in German).

What I have not yet figured out is now to move an app to a different page. So even if all the apps on page 3 are quivering, how do I actually move one to the home page from there?

Unlike all my previous phones the z10 came without an opening screen with a phone symbol on it. When I needed to phone someone today, it was quicker to use another, more conventional phone, rather than to hunt through a 75 page manual to find out what arcane gestures I had to make in order to find the phone symbol and how to get it to a page where I could use it!
    07-05-14 03:53 PM
    RTFM. Thats all very well, but the first mention of navigating to the home page is on p26, which shows a page full of things you can click on, just as does the help section within the smartphone. Whereas what I got to see when I first switched on was just a blue screen with time and dateand nothing to click on .It would have been kind had BB indicated that what the user will see will not necessarily be identical to what they call a home screen, which I had imagined would be the first thing one would see after switching on ( which they call a Starting Page in German).

What I have not yet figured out is now to move an app to a different page. So even if all the apps on page 3 are quivering, how do I actually move one to the home page from there?

Unlike all my previous phones the z10 came without an opening screen with a phone symbol on it. When I needed to phone someone today, it was quicker to use another, more conventional phone, rather than to hunt through a 75 page manual to find out what arcane gestures I had to make in order to find the phone symbol and how to get it to a page where I could use it!
    the phone icon is on the bottom left of the screen, it looks like a phone.

moving an app, tap and hold until it shakes, then tap and drag it where you want... if you need to move it out of a folder you drag it down first until you get out of the folder.
    07-05-14 06:05 PM
    If I hand the phone to my husband swiping up from the bottom works, but not for me. I am too light, can I change the Q10 screen sensitivity?
    There are so many things you can do with this device but I do get mad when I cannot change screens.
    07-17-16 05:18 AM
34 12