I bought my Q10 2 days ago, at 1st any time I can return back normally to my home screen where the carrier screen is shown. But now I cannot return back to home screen unless if there is opened application and I want to close it. I cannot get the home screen page as before. When I swipe right I automatically go to application pages and when left return back to BlackBerry Hub.
    Please help
    Attached Thumbnails How to get the home screen on Q10?-img_00000003.png   How to get the home screen on Q10?-img_00000004.png  
    05-02-13 01:05 AM
    Very easy just swipe up from the bottom. If you're in the hub it will take you to your open apps screen. If you have no open apps it will take you to the first app page/screen.

Posted with Z10 goodness
    05-02-13 01:10 AM
    Thnx for the reply, but there is no option to return me to the home screen even if there is no opened apps?
    05-02-13 01:13 AM
    Your "home screen" is the first page of apps (which of course you can organize as you please). If you mean your Active Frames, that page is only available if you actually have any Active Frames running.
    nabatron and Klownfish like this.
    05-02-13 01:15 AM
    Are you talking about the main Page of the hub?
    On your picture you're in the Gmail account... On the bottom of the screen on the left hand side the three lines with the spark.
    Press and swipe right.
    Is this what you are looking for?
    05-02-13 01:21 AM
    also an even better idea is to first read the manuals that come in the box...with a new OS things are a little challenging at first.
    DS1331 likes this.
    05-02-13 01:29 AM
    Yeah, the active frames only appear if you actually have any minimised apps (apps open) otherwise a swipe will take you to the app list.

National Rail Times App for BB10 (Q10 and Z10) - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20352963
    05-02-13 01:44 AM
    Just swap for left to right when you are on hub

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 03:47 AM
    I think he's looking for the "home screen" similar to what you would see if you minimized the app panels on the Bold 9930. On BlackBerry 10, if there are no apps running, the "home screen" is automatically your first page of apps. There's no way to just look at your wallpaper.
    Last edited by paxtonbt; 05-02-13 at 04:08 AM.
    05-02-13 03:51 AM
    Thnx all, this is exactly what am looking for. I guess the new OS update shall contain this feature, its really needful.
    mubarak1 likes this.
    05-02-13 04:06 AM
    also an even better idea is to first read the manuals that come in the box...with a new OS things are a little challenging at first.
    I don't think they comes with manuals anymore. The Z10 didn't anyhow

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 07:07 AM
    I don't think they comes with manuals anymore. The Z10 didn't anyhow

Posted via CB10
    The nice people at BlackBerry actually put the manuals right inside the phone for us, the app is called "Help".

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 07:20 AM
    There you go...lol

Who reads that stuff anyways. Obviously I haven't since I didn't even know it was in there much more fun learning tricks as the weeks pass

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:01 AM
    there must be a way to return to the main page , cos in one of the HELP sections, it talks about swiping down to turn directly into silent mode . But i also don' t seem to be able to do it
    06-06-13 05:11 PM
    click your lock button on top of the phone twice. The first time kills the screen and the second time brings up the screen (I believe) your looking for. Once on that screen you can pull down the shade by swiping from the very top of the screen to the bottom.

Hope that helps
    06-06-13 05:46 PM
    there must be a way to return to the main page , cos in one of the HELP sections, it talks about swiping down to turn directly into silent mode . But i also don' t seem to be able to do it
    If you swipe down from the top you can chose to toggle thd notification icon on and it will ask silent or vibrate only

How to get the home screen on Q10?-img_00000245.png

How to get the home screen on Q10?-img_00000246.png

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    06-06-13 05:48 PM
    click your lock button on top of the phone twice. The first time kills the screen and the second time brings up the screen (I believe) your looking for. Once on that screen you can pull down the shade by swiping from the very top of the screen to the bottom.

Hope that helps
    Bedside mode?
    From your backlit locked screen, swipe down from the top, keep your finger on the tab and pull the "curtain" down. Just swipe it back up from the bottom of your screen when you want to go out.
    You can also go into bedside mode from your clock app, just swipe down from the top and you will see the option there .
    If you don't want your phone to even ring in bedside mode, then you have to turn the option off from the settings in the clock app

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    06-06-13 05:57 PM
    I wish this worked with Alarm Clock app

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:03 PM
    Yes...just type "help" and it will come up and it's searchable. I have found more questions answered here than searching the forums. Great tool.

The nice people at BlackBerry actually put the manuals right inside the phone for us, the app is called "Help".

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:31 PM
    I read all the response to this question but somehow nobody answer it right. How can I go to my MAIN HOME SCREEN where BLANK Screen with TIME and DATE and TINY Camera at the bottom right corner. NOT the APPS PAGES, NOT the CURRENT PAGE and definitely NOT the BBHUB. BTW, is the HUB should always be there on your screen even if you dont want to. I have exchange email, maybe that why its always there. I dont know, I just got this, maybe if anybody knows, I dont have to waste my time to read the manual.

Thanks, if somebody can HELP. GQ
    08-11-13 12:15 AM
    I read all the response to this question but somehow nobody answer it right. How can I go to my MAIN HOME SCREEN where BLANK Screen with TIME and DATE and TINY Camera at the bottom right corner. NOT the APPS PAGES, NOT the CURRENT PAGE and definitely NOT the BBHUB. BTW, is the HUB should always be there on your screen even if you dont want to. I have exchange email, maybe that why its always there. I dont know, I just got this, maybe if anybody knows, I dont have to waste my time to read the manual.

It will only show up if you press the lock button or slightly swipe up when the screen is turned off. Press the lock button once when the screen is off to see the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JESC; 08-11-13 at 06:38 AM.
    08-11-13 12:39 AM
    I read all the response to this question but somehow nobody answer it right. How can I go to my MAIN HOME SCREEN where BLANK Screen with TIME and DATE and TINY Camera at the bottom right corner. NOT the APPS PAGES, NOT the CURRENT PAGE and definitely NOT the BBHUB.
    Lol what you described is not the home screen, it's the lock screen. Hit the top button to lock the phone and it'll show up after the timeout you've set passes.
    08-11-13 05:46 AM

Press the lock button twice.

The lock button is located on top of the device next to the earphone jack, it is silver in color.
    08-11-13 06:16 AM
    we all probably know what the silver button by the jack looks like, but I am with the original questioner...

Click the button till you're dead - aint no grey home screen showing up.
    I work with other q10 users and they are also stumped.
    I cannnnnnot get that backlit screen to work.
    I have looked in the onphone manual.
    I have clicked and swiped... it is NOT there.
    All I have are the app icons for a home screen.

Surely SOMEONE must know!
    08-30-13 02:34 PM
    This is what u do to get the screen with the time n date n camera icon.
    settings->display
    allow gestures when locked->off
    allow power/lock key to unlock device->off
    now get out of settings
    press the power button - this shud lock ur device ie. screen is blank
    nowpress power button again and voila, the screen u r looking for!!!
    swipe up from the bottom of the screen to go to the screen you were at when you pressed the power button the first time.
    12-28-13 03:07 AM
34 12