How to send bigger file (movie) on BlackBerry Q10 on whats app?
    05-22-15 04:23 AM
    You just can't. The limit within WhatsApp is 16MB and you can't change that on BlackBerry.

Via Pasta CB10
    You just can't. The limit within WhatsApp is 16MB and you can't change that on BlackBerry.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-22-15 08:35 AM
    so this means although I can receive big files (example: 100 MB) I can send only 16 MB. Friends are regularly sending me complete files and when I want to send them back something my device sends only half of it. How can they send from their iPhones ? is this somekind of dispute between Whats app and BB ?
    05-22-15 04:09 PM
    so this means although I can receive big files (example: 100 MB) I can send only 16 MB. Friends are regularly sending me complete files and when I want to send them back something my device sends only half of it. How can they send from their iPhones ? is this somekind of dispute between Whats app and BB ?
    Are you sure your friends are actually sending you movie files of greater size than 16MB from their iPhones? Because according to WhatsApp this is not possible https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/iphone/20964587. If your friends are on Android though they might have rooted their devices and hence overcame that limit.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-22-15 04:22 PM
    I've read info on link you have put here and I'm aware of the facts written there. I assure you that movies that I'm receiving are greater size than 16 MB, we are next to each other and sending among ourselves files and when I want to send them something it turns out only few seconds of the clip.
    No they haven't rooted their devices, they aren't so smart.
    05-23-15 02:25 AM
    I've read info on link you have put here and I'm aware of the facts written there. I assure you that movies that I'm receiving are greater size than 16 MB, we are next to each other and sending among ourselves files and when I want to send them something it turns out only few seconds of the clip.
    No they haven't rooted their devices, they aren't so smart.
    Well those are the facts . If you are sitting next to each other you are better off using WiFi-Direct rather than WhatsApp anyways. Especially when transferring large amounts of data. Or just use Dukto from BlackBerry World. Btw takes no genius to root a device.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-23-15 04:02 PM
    Hello actually whatsapp sends only file size upto 16mb
    If u want to send large files then download hike messenger from BlackBerry world
    http://www.google.co.in/url?q=https:...TojdkH3pNRLxmQ
    This can help u too send large files
    Tq

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 08:42 PM
    How to send bigger file (movie) on BlackBerry Q10 on whats app?
    May I recommend and alternate solution?

Download OneDrive Connector, DropBox, Box, or any other ones that connect to the Cloud service you may already have, through BlackBerry App World.

How do I send a bigger file on my Q10 via Whatsapp?-img_20150523_190610.png (I only suggested those first three because those are the only ones I use.

Now, click on that app and log in with your information. The app will then synchronise your folders.

Now, go to file manager, and your cloud service should be there, along with your local, removable, and remote storage.
    How do I send a bigger file on my Q10 via Whatsapp?-img_20150523_190844.png

Go find the file that you want to send through WhatsApp, and copy it into a folder inside the OneDrive/Box/Dropbox/whatever account. Let it synchronise.

Now, press and hold that file you had just copied. Find the "Share Link" option in the side menu. (idk what it's called because my device is in French, but the icon should look like this)
    How do I send a bigger file on my Q10 via Whatsapp?-img_20150523_191258.png

Your BlackBerry will command OneDrive to generate a private link to that file, and in a few short moments, your usual BlackBerry 10 "Share" menu options screen will show. Find WhatsApp, your intended recipient, and when the link is already on the send field, hit SEND!

This is by far the best option I have used for attaching huge files!

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    05-23-15 09:17 PM
    it seems that other phones (iPhones and Samsung) have automatic video converter that makes possible for them to send converted files, so these 100 and more MB that I'm receiving from them are actually less then 16 MB, but they even don't know that their phones are converting the files, they are simply sending them without any steps taken. For me to be able to stay in Whats app group with them I should buy somekind of video converter for BB and resize them before sending through Whats app. Well, that's the price you have to pay if you want to use BB and be different then the mainstream..
    05-24-15 03:22 AM
    What's the email attachments limit? Tried to send video but couldn't do it

CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680
    05-24-15 04:11 AM
    I think it's only 10 Megabytes.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 06:27 AM
    I think it's only 10 Megabytes.

Posted via CB10
    For the emails?
    That's not good :/

CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680
    05-24-15 06:37 AM
    Well, I tried to send some songs to someone through Gmail. Shortly after I received a mail that the size of the file exceeded the limit (12 MB vs. 10 MB).

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 06:40 AM
    Well, I tried to send some songs to someone through Gmail. Shortly after I received a mail that the size of the file exceeded the limit (12 MB vs. 10 MB).

Posted via CB10
    I thought the limit for Gmail is something like 25 MB.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:33 PM
    it seems that other phones (iPhones and Samsung) have automatic video converter that makes possible for them to send converted files, so these 100 and more MB that I'm receiving from them are actually less then 16 MB, but they even don't know that their phones are converting the files, they are simply sending them without any steps taken. For me to be able to stay in Whats app group with them I should buy somekind of video converter for BB and resize them before sending through Whats app. Well, that's the price you have to pay if you want to use BB and be different then the mainstream..
    You lie! I just tested it by sending myself three 1080P 30fps video by MMS over MP4 and on the first two occasions, I received the videos back from the cellular network at much lower res and frame rates. On the third video, it actually prompted me to reduce the res and frame rate before sending.

Attachment 354374

You lie!
    Attached Thumbnails How do I send a bigger file on my Q10 via Whatsapp?-img_20150524_194034.png  
    05-24-15 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I thought it was that way one time, seems it's not the case anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 03:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I thought I can send as much as I need, tried to send a video but didn't work

CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680
    05-25-15 10:56 AM
    Yes, I thought it was that way one time, seems it's not the case anymore.

Posted via CB10
    I thought I can send as much as I need, tried to send a video but didn't work

CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680
    Must be a recent change. My university/ex-employer/alumni e-mail was moved to Google Apps hosted (for students, Outlook for employees) during my last two years there, and I was using that one until December 2014 for both academic and professional (but non-confidential) e-mails. Since I no longer work there, I started using Outlook--normally the personal one and from where my old @att.blackberry.net gets forwarded--for more professional reasons; but I moved my hosted exchange from Outlook to Zoho Mail. I highly recommend trying Zoho--it's free! It also comes with collab office software similar to Google Docs and Office Sharepoint/OneDrive.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 06:40 PM