Hi

I changed my Password of my Gmail account. I wanted to update the password of the Gmail account on my Q10 as well. There is no option to change the password of the email accounts though. It looks like the change of the gmail password is synchronized automatically. I still receive emails on my Q10 after the change.

If someone steals my blackberry and gets access to it he/she can receive all emails?
    I cannot block him/her from receiving my emails by changing my gmail password because when I change it its automatically synchronized with the Blackberry?

Do I have to change a setting on my Gmail account?

I remember when I setup my gmail account on my Q10 I had to give full access to Blackberry. This might be the reason. But it doesn't sound very secure. How can I setup my gmail account without having a password synchronization?

Basically when I change my password in Gmail, I would like to change my password on my Blackberry manually in order to receive/send emails.

Many thanks
    04-21-15 06:20 PM
    you DO have to change it on your BlackBerry. I don't know why yours didn't ask. Go to settings/ accounts and you can change it there.
    you DO have to change it on your BlackBerry. I don't know why yours didn't ask. Go to settings/ accounts and you can change it there.
    04-22-15 12:57 PM
    You can also look at using BlackBerry Protect. That will help you to lock and wipe your phone in the even it gets lost. After that reset your Gmail password on line. I read somewhere that once Protect is activated you get a few tries to enter your BlackBerry ID correctly, fail that the phone become useless or locked forever.
    So fear not BlackBerry always got your back when it comes to mobile security.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:04 PM
    When I add a new Gmail account to my Q10, Blackberry gives me the option to choose "Gmail" which sets up the account automatically. It opens a Gmail login window where i have to enter my password and allow blackberry to access my gmail account.

After that, my gmail account is available on my Q10 and autom. synchronized.
    When i go to the settings, there is NO option to enter the password.
    Furthermore, if I change my gmail password, Blackberry doesn't ask me to enter the new password.
    It simply keeps on synchronizing my mails as before.

I am sure there is a way to fix this right?
    04-23-15 03:47 AM
    If your Gmail account is set up as IMAP, the Gmail account password is required only at account setup to authenticate your account. BB10 doesn't need the the password to access your Gmail account thereafter. So if you change your Gmail password later, there is no need to update your phone with the new password.

While I don't know if it is possible on BB10, on my PlayBook, my Gmail account is set up as Active Sync. In this case, my password is required for accessing my Gmail account. I have to provide the new password each time I changed it on Google.

The only way to safeguard against information disclosure in case you lose the phone (email and all other personal information) is to lock it all the time when not in use. It is easy to lock your phone by simply pressing "k" on your keyboard at home screen if you have installed 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 10:31 AM
    Thanks. So the best way for me is to set it up with Active sync then. That should work, right?
    04-24-15 05:45 AM
    I have never changed my password for my gmail account. Interested to see what comes of this.
    04-24-15 06:27 AM
    ... You just have to revoke the permission token on the Gmail website, that's all :
    https://security.google.com/settings...missions?pli=1
    christausky likes this.
    04-25-15 04:21 AM
    So revoke permission token and set up the email account with Active sync?
    (if i just revoke permission token, email doesn't sync anymore)
    04-28-15 02:06 PM
    If you want to set your Google Mail/Contact/Calendar, use the account creation step on your BlackBerry. You will log on the website and create a OAuth2 token to be able to sync your stuff.

If you want to stop it, just delete your account on your BlackBerry.

If you want to stop it without the phone in hand, revoke the authorisation token on the Google website.

That's all.
    04-28-15 02:40 PM