I'm really considering buying a Q10. Just one small question for anyone who can respond: I can't find a review that details if you can switch the dark theme on the Q10 to white. Is there a way to change the default theme to white instead of black?

Thank you!
    05-03-13 04:51 PM
    As far as I can tell there is no setting to do that. The Q10 is designed to run on dark theme whenever possible. You can't disable that feature.

All in all its not that bad, it takes some getting used to, but in the end it's for the better. So they tell me.....

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 04:57 PM
    The dark theme is the main reason myself and two others I know aren't getting the Q10. Them because it's to depressing, could just be a female thing . Me because with the screen it uses its to hard to read. They went all out to save power without thinking it through apparently. All the next phones have LCD screen I've read. Keeping my Z10 till the next high end KB phone with a LCD screen comes out.

Posted via Z10
    05-03-13 05:26 PM
    Actually having a dark them is also better for eyes, just saying.. it's one reason why I bought the Q10!
    05-04-13 03:49 PM
    We should be able to disable it. I can't text or view my calendar in sunlight.!@!!
    blakobecwa likes this.
    05-10-13 06:49 PM
    just out of interest, did anyone wonder if dark is so great, why isn't the hub in dark?
    05-10-13 07:14 PM
    just out of interest, did anyone wonder if dark is so great, why isn't the hub in dark?
    Probably because if it was too dark , it would be hard to read messages.
    05-10-13 08:14 PM
    Actually having a dark them is also better for eyes, just saying.. it's one reason why I bought the Q10!
    If you have 57 year old eyes you might not think it's so wonderful! I hate the dark theme and refuse to look at websites with the black background. My eyes can't take it!
    05-10-13 09:05 PM
    I would say just change the wallpaper to a bright one. But the dark theme works the best for me.

IfutooktimetoreadthisyouarejustasboredasmewhenItyp edit
    05-10-13 10:00 PM
    The dark theme is the main reason myself and two others I know aren't getting the Q10. Them because it's to depressing, could just be a female thing . Me because with the screen it uses its to hard to read. They went all out to save power without thinking it through apparently. All the next phones have LCD screen I've read. Keeping my Z10 till the next high end KB phone with a LCD screen comes out.

Posted via Z10
    I believe the dark theme was actually used to increase the life span of the screen. Because it's an OLED screen, it has a limited amount of life. The brighter the screen is, the shorter the life. So using a dark theme means it can last longer.
    05-10-13 10:38 PM
    I believe the dark theme was actually used to increase the life span of the screen. Because it's an OLED screen, it has a limited amount of life. The brighter the screen is, the shorter the life. So using a dark theme means it can last longer.
    Nope, it's for battery life.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:44 AM

Posted via Z10
    That's it. I've been using a Nokia E6 phone for 3 months, i thought i was the only one who imagined that the all black theme is somehow make you feel to turn that screen off right now. I can understand it's for battery saving purposes, and you can buy|download other themes for your device. I believe it's better to be implemented right away from the software gets uploaded onto the device.
    It's not a female thing, i guess.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using its keyboard.
    05-11-13 02:18 AM
    Ahaha, someone should share this in one of the Z10 board's "We want the dark theme" threads.

People can't just be happy with what they have...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 04:04 PM