So here's something you'd think would be a common function and easy to do - copy the link from a page you're viewing in the browser, and paste it into an existing email that you're halfway through composing. How do you guys do that? After a few minutes of unsuccessfully fiddling with the blue dots in the tiny address window, I'm giving up on it and posting the question here.
    01-03-14 08:41 AM
    So here's something you'd think would be a common function and easy to do - copy the link from a page you're viewing in the browser, and paste it into an existing email that you're halfway through composing. How do you guys do that? After a few minutes of unsuccessfully fiddling with the blue dots in the tiny address window, I'm giving up on it and posting the question here.
    In the browser itself? Long press the URL bar and it should highlight the entire address. From there, copy, and paste.
    01-03-14 09:01 AM
    Tap the bottom of the screen to get up the address bar, tap and hold the web address so its all highlighted and you should see a line of *or so icons appear,Cut - copy - Paste, and share.
    May take a couple of taps and copy's before it works, but normally does,

How to copy a link into an existing email?-img_20140103_150435.png

Hopefully that screeny has worked! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 09:05 AM
    In the browser itself? Long press the URL bar and it should highlight the entire address. From there, copy, and paste.
    Thanks for the reply. That's the first thing I tried since it's worked before to copy text from emails or remember notes. Problem in the browser is, you're not given the option to copy from the address bar. With the long press, the text is highlighted with the blue dots. Copying from there is a mystery. Normally, I'd tap on the blue to get the menu from the right which will have the copy option. In the browser, the blue just disappears, or maybe changes to the ring/cursor thing. I get the feeling from your reply that you didn't actually try to do this yourself the way I described. Have you?
    Thanks again.
    01-03-14 10:05 AM
    Tap the bottom of the screen to get up the address bar, tap and hold the web address so its all highlighted and you should see a line of *or so icons appear,Cut - copy - Paste, and share.
    May take a couple of taps and copy's before it works, but normally does,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140103_150435.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	368.7 KB 
ID:	235638

Hopefully that screeny has worked! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks also for your reply...problem is once I've highlighted the address, I can't get those options to appear at all.
    01-03-14 10:07 AM
    Hmmmn, bummer, I guess you've tried the battery pull route incase? What OS number are you on? - don't think it makes any difference but just incase! ;-)
    01-03-14 10:16 AM
    Try tapping at the end of the address, and then a short tap on the blue dot at the end should give you the option like this on a Q10:

How to copy a link into an existing email?-img_00000448.png

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:18 AM