A few days back I noticed my "o" double typing, and I figured it was associated with the double typing issue. The more I think about it though, the more I believe it could be just something stuck underneath. What do you guys use to clean underneath the keyboard without taking it apart, and would compressed air do the job.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 06:35 PM
    I used compressed air on my 9930 all the time.
    03-24-14 06:50 PM
    I hold mine out the window of my Holden as I am reaching 160 MPH and people say is your window down? LOL
    velkod likes this.
    03-24-14 07:51 PM
    Compressed air and isopropyl alcohol to degrease.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2234 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2234
    andy957 likes this.
    03-24-14 08:25 PM
    And how we can give compressed airr to keybord please example

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 12:15 PM
    I hold mine out the window of my Holden as I am reaching 160 MPH and people say is your window down? LOL
    So, you mean your chevy?
    texn884 likes this.
    04-03-14 02:02 PM
    Try a simple "ear syringe" made of rubber/plastic or use Amazon's "Giotto" in lieu of compressed air. Q tips to clean keyboard with isopropyl alcohol.
    04-03-14 02:20 PM
    I usually just lock the screen and then wipe the keyboard and screen with an alcohol hand wipe. The screen ends up streak-free, and the keys are de-greased.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:27 PM
    Try a simple "ear syringe" made of rubber/plastic or use Amazon's "Giotto" in lieu of compressed air. Q tips to clean keyboard with isopropyl alcohol.
    I wouldn't use qtips. The cotton can shred and get jammed under the keys. Compressed air and a slightly moist clorox wipe works very well.
    04-03-14 02:44 PM
    Its the Chevy SS now but mine is a Pontiac G8GT (Holden) from down under. AKA The Black Rat

Best bad *** 4 door sleeper go fast car for the money.

The new Chevy SS is 48K but still sharp except the front end and *** end
    04-03-14 03:16 PM
    Compressed air may have moisture.
    04-03-14 03:54 PM
    Compressed air may have moisture.
    Not if you buy those cans of it for electronic stuff. Probably stupid priced but will be clean and dry.

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    andy957 likes this.
    04-03-14 08:24 PM
    Getting underneath the keyboard is the hard part. Any ideas? Electronic cleaner spray?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 11:22 PM
    Getting underneath the keyboard is the hard part. Any ideas? Electronic cleaner spray?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to wake up this dead thread! But my question exactly - the alt key on my Q5 takes too much effort now. So can I spray WD40 on the keyboard in the hopes of cleaning its insides? WD40 will either fix it or completely kill the keypad, I fear... Suggestions to help my poor little alt key? Thanks!
    07-13-16 04:11 PM
    Do not use WD40 on your phone! It's not miracle solution for everything

SE is for premium, unless you're that other fruit user
    07-13-16 04:46 PM
    some Q10 keyboards were defective - short life. I replaced keyboard with later version and everything works well for over a year now...
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-14-16 02:11 PM
    Update: I was able to successfully clean my keyboard - it was not easy but it was worth it! Ha!
    So we need to take the phone apart (many youtube videos available) and then carefully pry open the the white sticker over the keyboard PCB. The sticker holds all the metallic circular pieces that are responsible for key depression and key contact. The troubled ones will have a greenish deposit underneath them. Very, very carefully clean that deposit from underneath the circular piece as well as the PCB. You can also use a circuit cleaner but I used a small screwdriver to gently scratch the deposit away.

The same procedure for the power button as well. If you have a broken phone lying about the house, a good idea is to practice on that. Because these are very tiny and delicate.

Once done, stick the tape back in the exact same spot. Put the phone back together and viola! The keyboard lives again!

The reason for this trouble we all face is poor waterproofing by blackberry. Moisture gets inside the keys and then underneath the keyboard sticker where the two metal plates meet to register the keystroke. Poor insulation is also the reason why we all have dust inside our screens...

I love this phone but this is not nice...
    01-21-17 04:14 AM
    Electronics in general are not waterproof. Hundreds if not thousands of people have discovered that fact over the years. The 5 second rule does not apply to devices dropped in water (unlike a chocolate chip cookie dropped on the floor), either.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    01-21-17 09:07 AM
    Electronics in general are not waterproof. Hundreds if not thousands of people have discovered that fact over the years. The 5 second rule does not apply to devices dropped in water (unlike a chocolate chip cookie dropped on the floor), either.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Or maybe santoshwins just lives somewhere with high humidity? My brother in law lives in the tropics, without a/c. Most electronic devices there have a seriously curtailed life expectancy.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 08:54 PM
    Update: I was able to successfully clean my keyboard - it was not easy but it was worth it! Ha!
    So we need to take the phone apart (many youtube videos available) and then carefully pry open the the white sticker over the keyboard PCB. The sticker holds all the metallic circular pieces that are responsible for key depression and key contact. The troubled ones will have a greenish deposit underneath them. Very, very carefully clean that deposit from underneath the circular piece as well as the PCB. You can also use a circuit cleaner but I used a small screwdriver to gently scratch the deposit away.

The same procedure for the power button as well. If you have a broken phone lying about the house, a good idea is to practice on that. Because these are very tiny and delicate.

Once done, stick the tape back in the exact same spot. Put the phone back together and viola! The keyboard lives again!

The reason for this trouble we all face is poor waterproofing by blackberry. Moisture gets inside the keys and then underneath the keyboard sticker where the two metal plates meet to register the keystroke. Poor insulation is also the reason why we all have dust inside our screens...

I love this phone but this is not nice...
    I would say it is more on the quality control side because it is pretty hard for water or moisture to get there once the keypad membrane has been adhered in place.
    So it might have been a tiny hole on the membrane where the key is, or something went wrong where the membrane were made or assembled into the keyboard, or a sharp or pointy thing at the base of the key.

Posted from my  Passport
    01-22-17 07:04 AM
    New Delhi is usually dry for most of the year. And it was never dipped for 5 seconds in the water :-) The only possible thing that could have gotten in would be sweat and I think I am allowed that luxury ;-) And seeing as the power button was also damaged the same way as the keyboard, I think this is an overall quality issue. Probably because Q5 was the cheapest in the BB10 line. Although not really cheap as compared to android phones (back in the day I bought it for $400). But it is what it is. None of the androids I have had have lasted more than three years like this pretty red Q5 (it did go to BB care once to have the touch screen replaced under warranty, though).
    01-23-17 12:48 AM