Alright so I currently have an iphone 5S and a q10. I don't want the iphone anymore, I'd rather get another BlackBerry phone.

I used an upgrade to get the 5s back in June, making it impossible to wait to upgrade. I feel like my options are: selling the iphone, and buying a BlackBerry device outright. Well that seems like my only option. I have no friends that would want to trade, etc. Any tips ? I wouldn't mind having two Q10's bc I don't really want a touch screen Z or anything. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 05:33 PM
    Alright so I currently have an iphone 5S and a q10. I don't want the iphone anymore, I'd rather get another BlackBerry phone.

I used an upgrade to get the 5s back in June, making it impossible to wait to upgrade. I feel like my options are: selling the iphone, and buying a BlackBerry device outright. Well that seems like my only option. I have no friends that would want to trade, etc. Any tips ? I wouldn't mind having two Q10's bc I don't really want a touch screen Z or anything. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I came from an iphone5 too. I then got myself a Q10 fell in love and then bought a Z30 to try.

But I must say im a BlackBerry physical keyboard guy all the way.

Why dont you sell your iphone5 and get a BlackBerry passport? It'll be available in a month or 2 and im sure you'll be able to buy it from BlackBerry direct.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    09-02-14 05:37 PM
    I think this would be the best way to go about it right now, but you would have to act fast. Prices for older models are going to drop as you get closer and closer to September 9th. Even if you get $350 for the iPhone right now, that will more than cover a black Q10 through ShopBB.
    09-02-14 05:40 PM
    I have a unlocked Z30 I can trade you for your iPhone 5S. How many GB is the iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 05:43 PM
    I have a unlocked Z30 I can trade you for your iPhone 5S. How many GB is the iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    Umm it's a 16GB so the entry level model. It's white with silver on the back I guess. I've had it in an otterbox commuter case with screen protector since I bought it at the store.

I'm not sure the Z30 is what I want- but thanks any way.

I can get $230 for the phone from a website that I saw on a commercial on mtv lol... so then I could just sell it, and get the passport. seems like the best option unless the passport is like $700 without contract. Or verizon only- would suck because I'm on that att ish

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 05:48 PM
    I think this would be the best way to go about it right now, but you would have to act fast. Prices for older models are going to drop as you get closer and closer to September 9th. Even if you get $350 for the iPhone right now, that will more than cover a black Q10 through ShopBB.
    What's the significance of September 9th?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 05:49 PM
    What's the significance of September 9th?
    The most joyous day for the free world, aka the day the next iPhone is rumored to be announced.
    09-02-14 05:52 PM
    The most joyous day for the free world, aka the day the next iPhone is rumored to be announced.
    Oh true that. So without having to search through threads on this topic, is it fair to assume that we don't know exactly which carriers the passport will be offered ? Like I said if it's a $VZ only phone, my plan is scrwd

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 05:55 PM
    Oh true that. So without having to search through threads on this topic, is it fair to assume that we don't know exactly which carriers the passport will be offered ? Like I said if it's a $VZ only phone, my plan is scrwd
    Actually, the Passport that's been through the FCC is anything but a Verizon phone (or Sprint, for that matter.) If you're on AT&T or TMO, you will be fine.

I think the bigger issue might be availability--is BB planning to sell the phone through ShopBlackBerry right away, are there any exclusives, etc.
    09-02-14 05:58 PM
    So the proper release date hasn't been announced yet-. I should have started buying $BBRY stock like last December when it was $5 a share. Dammit.

I'm getting double pumped right now- Idk when it's coming out so Idk when I can get the phone; and my investing strategy is non-existent. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 06:05 PM
    Is shopblackberry officially from RIM or is it a third party favorite of people on this forum? Thanks for your help man

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 06:06 PM
    Is shopblackberry officially from RIM or is it a third party favorite of people on this forum? Thanks for your help man
    It's BB's storefront basically run by a third party. A very crappy storefront, based on many people's experience.
    09-02-14 06:07 PM
    Take a look at Swappa to see where iPhones are selling and where they have sold recently. Swappa is great for both selling and buying used kit. The phones on Swappa seem to be in much better shape than elsewhere.
    09-02-14 06:14 PM
    Take a look at Swappa to see where iPhones are selling and where they have sold recently. Swappa is great for both selling and buying used kit. The phones on Swappa seem to be in much better shape than elsewhere.
    Thanks I'll check it out. My 5s is in mint condition

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 06:17 PM
    Thanks I'll check it out. My 5s is in mint condition
    Check out the CB Marketplace as well. All kinds of devices are bought and sold there.
    rambo47 and Elite1 like this.
    09-02-14 06:19 PM
    Check out the CB Marketplace as well. All kinds of devices are bought and sold there.
    Thanks buddy ^_^

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 07:05 PM
    Yes, as Raino pointed out, you can start a new thread in the CB Marketplace, something like:
    WTT my iPhone 5s for a Q10
    Just make sure you follow the template for posting a new Marketplace thread.

Otherwise, may I ask why you want a second Q10? I guess I'm asking why you need both devices in the first place instead of just one. Do you need both phone numbers, one's work and one is personal, etc?
    09-02-14 07:08 PM
    good luck with your trade, I'm sure it wont take long.
    09-02-14 08:57 PM
    Try the Z30! Absolutely love this device! The Q10 is a great phone, but the Z30 is the best BB10 experience you can get.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    09-02-14 09:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    On Ebay you can get easily $400 if locked if unlocked over $500
    09-02-14 10:00 PM
    Otherwise, may I ask why you want a second Q10? I guess I'm asking why you need both devices in the first place instead of just one. Do you need both phone numbers, one's work and one is personal, etc?
    Yes one for work and one for personal use. I just need both numbers.

I'll explore ebay thank you!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:49 PM
    Is the iphone locked? I would be willing to trade my q10 running 10.3 in near perfect condition for it.
    09-03-14 01:02 PM
    Do you happen to know anyone that works for BlackBerry? Employees can buy at a discount but they are not allowed to profit from sales. The phones are all unlocked and sell for far less than what your iPhone is worth. You could easily afford to buy a phone and still keep the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 02:37 PM
    Is the iphone locked? I would be willing to trade my q10 running 10.3 in near perfect condition for it.
    Yea it's locked. I wouldn't want a q10 with a leaked update ;-)

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 04:08 PM
    Do you happen to know anyone that works for BlackBerry? Employees can buy at a discount but they are not allowed to profit from sales. The phones are all unlocked and sell for far less than what your iPhone is worth. You could easily afford to buy a phone and still keep the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I have no friends, therefore no friends at $BBRY lol

Posted via CB10
    mikegcox likes this.
    09-03-14 04:09 PM